Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 4:43:08 PM EDT
Like the name tape and the military branch tape?
I assume they are suppose to be sewn any special way?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
depleted uranium yarn
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Over the breast pockets, branch on the left, name on the right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
US Army goes centered above the left top pocket the nametape same way above right top pocket.
          FREE
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
the ends of the tags are tucked under so that they end where the pocket ends (lengthwise)
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
do you guys just take them to a tailor near the local base?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I always brought mine to the 'chute shop with a sixpack. I got my stuff sewn on perfect and it cost me very little.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Have the cleaners sew them.  Army does the name tapes on the initial 4 sets for free.  Heres what i meant by folding it over before its sewn (so the word is centered)
[img]http://www.tombrodowski.com/images/uniform/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.tombrodowski.com/images/uniform/2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.tombrodowski.com/images/uniform/1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
oh so the US Army part is centered over the pocket without the flaps coming off the side.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Straight
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
oh so the US Army part is centered over the pocket without the flaps coming off the side.
View Quote

Yup.  Same with your name.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Make sure you throw the name & service tapes in a pocket, then throw the shirt in the washer & dryer, BEFORE you take them to get sewn on.  The tapes shrink at a slightly different rate than the shirt, and if you sewed them on before washing the shirt will wrinkle around the edges of the tape.  Just looks better when you're done for minimal effort.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Just google AR 670-1, it will give you more than you will ever want to know about Army clothing regs.  CSM's and 1SG's live in this reg!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was in The US Army,73-76...For all things including patches, there was a right way and there is a correct way...for example...the name patch above your shirt pocket is suppose to have a space between the top of the shirt pocket and the bottom of the patch...I don't recall exactly how much space but if you have been to the Basic Leadership School or the NCO Academy you'll know, trust me. There's a manual somewhere that covers everything you need to know about your uniform.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
They must be sewn on by Korean Mammasans.  If any other nationality sews them you will get gigged.

PS Hop is a Dirty Nasty Leg
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Make sure you throw the name & service tapes in a pocket, then throw the shirt in the washer & dryer, BEFORE you take them to get sewn on.  The tapes shrink at a slightly different rate than the shirt, and if you sewed them on before washing the shirt will wrinkle around the edges of the tape.  Just looks better when you're done for minimal effort.
View Quote

that makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:24:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

that makes sense.
View Quote

Nothing like a 2LT getting picked on by a MSgt because his shirt has some frilly wrinkles around the name and service tapes.  Yep, the learning curve is pretty steep that way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

that makes sense.
View Quote

Nothing like a 2LT getting picked on by a MSgt because his shirt has some frilly wrinkles around the name and service tapes.  Yep, the learning curve is pretty steep that way.
View Quote

No need to wach the shirt first - just the tapes.  The tapes are what shrink faster and screw up the look.  SO dry the sit out of 'em first.  Hop "Leg" lite's pic is a perfect example.

Oh, and it's "Ahjimah", not "Mamasan."

Hop:  Are you familiar with the invention called the "iron?" [;D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

that makes sense.
View Quote

View Quote

No need to wach the shirt first - just the tapes.  The tapes are what shrink faster and screw up the look.  SO dry the sit out of 'em first.  Hop "Leg" lite's pic is a perfect example.

View Quote
 This was a set that was going in the wash last night.  Ill put up a pic of pressed BDUs later tonight if necessary.  I wouldnt dare wear un ironed/starched set of BDUs unless I was in the field.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

that makes sense.
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
 This was a set that was going in the wash last night.  Ill put up a pic of pressed BDUs later tonight if necessary.  I wouldnt dare wear un ironed/starched set of BDUs unless I was in the field.
View Quote

I would have been remiss not to seize that opportunity to fuck with a young padiwan.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#20]
If you're really tough, you'll sew an extra set directly onto your skin

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

[LOL]

You not just a Leg, your a Conventional non MOS Q'd leg.[}:D]  

No need to take an iron to them unless there is some special event going on.  Actualy to get up on my soapbox for a moment: If you need a pressed professional look you need to be in Class A's Or B's BDU's are a Combat uniform(granted not a well thought out one)

Edited to say:  Even when Hop is retired with 2 chests full of ribbons I will still Bust his balls.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top