Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/8/2003 5:43:52 PM EDT
I don't feel this is true but If it happens to be true and I go to hell so be it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:50:16 PM EDT
Einstein one of the most intelligent men that was ever on this earth felt that energy never can be extinguished, it just changes and when asked about this very subject stated that he felt, yes there is something after death, and I for one am not about to argue with his concept of this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:54:04 PM EDT
Yes there is and I look forward to residing in my Savior's Kingdom for all eternity [^]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:07:37 PM EDT
there is only one way to find out for sure
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:08:47 PM EDT
"I swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell.."
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:09:31 PM EDT
lol ko
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:26:06 PM EDT
Sure. It starts afterbirth.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:44:56 PM EDT
"so be it" may be easy to type, but it may be a real bitch to experience. I believe there is life after death. Everlasting. if I am wrong, no skin off your nose. If I am right, Everlasting will be a very long time. Time spent rejoicing, or regretting, either way it will be neverending. Some define Hell as a nightmare. Others see it as permanent seperation from that which would satisfy/fullfill/comfort you. Either way, it would be Hell. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" may be a song with a good beat and a hook, but it is just a song.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:50:47 PM EDT
But if you are wrong you may have wasted your only life. Haha works both ways.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/8/2003 7:29:56 PM EDT by AR-10]
I love you. [BD] Just kidding. I hardly even know you. What makes you think I have wasted my life? Because I haven't killed anybody lately? Because I don't break some commandment every fifteen minutes? Do as you wish. Just remember, man is prone to error and sin. I'm wrong a lot. Could be I am wrong about my belief in Eternity. Could be you are. Who is risking the most?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:47:32 PM EDT
Yep... I held my dad's hand as Jesus reached out to raise dad's soul to heaven. August 4, 1994 @ 9:00 PM. Two hours later I sat on dad's front porch watching a 20 minute lightning display from a New Mexico August sky. The only cloud that night, a single cloud, twas my uncles dancing the dance that welcomed dad to heaven.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:50:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/8/2003 7:51:08 PM EDT by FormUnknown]
Prepare for the worst hope for the best. I think there is nothing after death. Sort of like when you get put out for surgery except you don't wake up ever. I figure if that is it then I won't be upset although I guess if that is it then you are not upset because you are not anything. If I live my life without screwing people over and just get by I don't see why some all loving entity would screw me in the end. Either way who knows who cares. Just live a good life and don't mess with people and what happens happens.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:22:03 PM EDT
I don't believe in any of the voodoo ancient man came up with, but I hope there is something. Otherwise the implications are really sad. This is really one of the reasons religion was created. To deal with death. If you were just born, lived and learned to love life and then it was just ....over..... how completely depressing a concept is that? Also man is vain. He likes to believe he is unique and unlike all other life forms destined for something else besides just "death." So he invents a God who of course made man sorta like God and God will save him from existing and then just being dead. Also it helps man to accept attrocities of life. When your 12 year old kid dies from being run over by a drunk driver the tragedy is so great that there really is no acceptable explanation for it. There is no way to reconcile with reality how and why he died. No if someone can convince you that God needed him and at 12 he had fullfilled his earthly requirement it makes it more acceptable. Of course never mind that God could have maybe came up with a better way to call him home.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:40:08 PM EDT
To me its all random. You could get snubbed out at any moment for no reason. Enjoy the time you have. Let others enjoy the time they have. I guess try to add something to the world while you have the chance. Its sort of an interesting way to live. Motivation to get off your back side and do something instead of wasting your life away. If this is all the time we have you might as well live it to the fullest and try to add as much to the world as you can. The ultimate deadline with no extensions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:46:08 PM EDT
We will all find out, all too soon. Unless there is no such afterlife, in which case we WON'T find out and won't care. Me, I believe there is. I am no different than anyone else in the respect that I don't want to believe that I'll simply cease to exist when this body stops working. I can't believe it, I don't believe it, and I won't believe it. I am more than biochemical processes and synaptic pulses. I am an inhabitant of this body and I am its motivating force, but it is not me. Somehow, I know this to be true. And If I'm wrong, there's nothing you can do to change that, nor can I change it, and we won't know in any event. Now the question comes up, how can one rationally fear non-existence? CJ
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:06:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cmjohnson: We will all find out, all too soon. Unless there is no such afterlife, in which case we WON'T find out and won't care. Me, I believe there is. I am no different than anyone else in the respect that I don't want to believe that I'll simply cease to exist when this body stops working. I can't believe it, I don't believe it, and I won't believe it. I am more than biochemical processes and synaptic pulses. I am an inhabitant of this body and I am its motivating force, but it is not me. Somehow, I know this to be true. And If I'm wrong, there's nothing you can do to change that, nor can I change it, and we won't know in any event. Now the question comes up, how can one rationally fear non-existence? CJ
View Quote
Very good. Mostly how I feel. As to rationally fearing non existence, it come from love of life. It would be a most terrible thing if we simply ceased to exist after death.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:09:55 PM EDT
Soon enough you will find out. Why worry about it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:11:38 PM EDT
I think its curiosity that motivates me. I want to see what happens next. I want to be a part of it. I would stick around indefinately if I could. Something is better then nothing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:38:07 PM EDT
Not big on religion and I usually stay out of these threads but I have been thinking of my own mortality lately so I will entertain this a bit. I do believe that there is an afterlife. As a student of the sciences and having studied the great chaos of the universe I have begun to realize, as many have, that it is an "ordered chaos" and the mechanisms that drive it, even from the very beginning, are too complex to be random. And the properties and laws had to be defined that would allow that randomness to flourish even if all was broken down and unpredictable at the singularity of the Big Bang. Take that as you want. I have seen and experienced things that cannot be explained by any interpretation of physics or any of the sciences that I know of. There is a higher conscience that connects us and the world around us. Is it God? I believe so. Do I know so? No I do not. I just have this problem with the rational of an all loving and forgiving Creator, that made us prone to sin and temptation, all knowing, Alpha and Omega, sacrificing his only son, etc. committing any one of us to hell for our sins that we commit while in this body for a short period compared to eternity. If so then this existance must be a test to see if we are worthy of eternal bliss but if so why test when you know the outcome and if he knows the outcome why bother to be forgiving? Seems like a big circle of illogical reason. 70 years or so is nothing compared to eternity and if we are to sent to hell to suffer for ever than it would seem that the punishment cannot fit the crime ever? Therefore I choose to believe that hell is not eternal but rather it is a purification of all that you have absorbed that is bad. I would also argue that for hell to be truley known you must experience heaven. Just my .02!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:44:55 PM EDT
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:45:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-10: What makes you think I have wasted my life? Because I haven't killed anybody lately?
View Quote
That's some funny shit! [lol]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:47:47 PM EDT
I agree with Cyanide on this one. Energy cannot be extinguished. We have to go somewhere when we die. I never considered myself a religious person when I was in my teen years, but now after expereincing 3 family members deaths and the death of a good friend in the last year, I have rethought things. I never really go to church on a regular basis (I am Catholic), but I still feel that the way I act and think will be enough to show God that I am fit to live in Heaven when I move on. Check this out: An Interview with God Author Unknown "God will see you now for your interview", said the very busy receptionist. "Welcome Home," God said. "What would you like to know?" "What surprises you most about mankind?" I asked. And God replied: “That you get bored of being children, are in such a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That you lose your health to make money and then lose your money to restore your health. That by thinking anxiously about the future or worrying about the past, you forget that you live in the present moment, and therefore you live neither for the present nor the future. That you live as if you will never die, and you die as if you had never lived.” Then God's loving hands took mine and we were silent for while and then I asked... "As a parent, what are some of life's lessons you want your children to learn?" And God smiled and said: Learn that you cannot make anyone love you, but, you can always love yourself. Learn that what is most valuable is not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life. Learn that it is not good to compare yourselves to others. Each and every one of you is unique and beautiful and has something to offer this planet. Cherish who you are! You were meant to shine your own Light! Don't let others determine how bright you will be! Learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes many years to heal them. Learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness. Learn that there are persons that love you dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings. Learn that money can buy everything but happiness and that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but is one who needs the least. Learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it totally different. Learn that a true friend is someone who knows everything about you, and loves you anyway. And so I realized that God would always Love me and that there wasn't really any need for goodbyes because God is Everywhere. All we need to do to find him is open our hearts and listen. With that, I thanked God for blessing me with the opportunity to live, to love and the freedom to create my own life on such an abundant planet. "I'll be speaking with you again real soon.” I said. And God replied: Anytime, Anywhere, 24 hours - I'm always here!
Top Top