Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 7:41:24 AM EDT
Secret Weapons about to be revealed??

Boeing releases a story concerning there work on Anti-Gravity. Others say it has been going on for over 40 years. Was the story to boost stock prices or was the story staged to be released for some other reason??

Lockheed releases story about Lasers capable of fitting inside fighter planes?? Same question.

In Kosovo the US used an ElectroMagnetic Weapon, which destroyed their power grid and shut down their air defense network!?!?!?

So are we about to use a bunch of SuperSecret Ultra Modern weapons in the war on Terror?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see some of the stuff our government is working on.  I bet some of it would blow our minds.

I would love to take a look at some of the "SkunkWorks" projects.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bet some of it would blow our minds.
View Quote
They're working on that one too.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to detract from your point but a lot of this stuff isn't new, just the current state.  For example, I have seen stories about trying to get lasers in planes for many years.  It's never been a real secret that they are trying.  It has just taken a while for successive generations to be reduced in size and weight enough.  It been fairly open all along but I guess they are finally to the point of making it work.

I do, however, suspect there is a lot of really cool shit that we don't know about and may not for a long time to come, even if it gets used.

I, for one, hope there is some shit out in the deserts that would make Gene Rodenberry proud.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
ME TOO.

I want a,
"Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40_watt range"
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be highly disapointed if we don't have some genoration after next tech stashed away in the Mojave(sp?). My bet is the next big defense revolution is space based weapons. Consetalations of rail guns giving 24/7 coverage of the entire globe with near nuclear effect. ASAT, and anti-aircraft lasers put in orbit, the list goes on and on. Whoever will be the first to claim the high ground will surely be the dominant force for the next century.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I just read a story in Aviation Week about microwave weapons being put into cruise missiles and UAV's for use in Iraq.  Currently they are pretty indisciminate, they basically knock out all unhardened electronics in a particular radius.  The push now is toward directed weapons whereby they could knock out the command center electronics but not harm the "baby milk factory" next door.

I, for one, just pretend that all of my taxes go to cool stuff like this and B-2's.  Makes it a little easier to swallow.

[Edited to say]:

I think the state of the art is microwave weapons with the little turning glass plate inside.  They beep several times right after they go off, too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet some of it would blow our minds.
View Quote
They're working on that one too.

View Quote

Heh-heh

Kinda like "Scanners?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top