Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2011 4:31:30 PM EDT
I have heard the show "Lost" is pretty good from a few people. Every episode is available on Netflix Instant view.

Is it worth putting in the time to watch it?

No spoilers please. I haven't seen a single episode yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Be prepared to devote a month or so of your life to it...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
it was over my head. I got lost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The first one or two episodes sure, then it just gets DUMB
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I don't want to spend all that time watching it all only to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It's called Lost for a reason. Because it's retarded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure.  Waste endless hours, season after season waiting for answers to questions raised in the first episode that NEVER get answered.  No worries, the series final episode clears everything up though.  No, not really, but if you have the time, have at it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, it got lame in a hurry.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Be prepared to spend hour after hour waiting for questions to be answered, only to have to wait hours and hours to possibly get an answer.

That show lost me about half way through the first season...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I don't want to spend all that time watching it all only to be disappointed.

Dumb = science fiction to that poster.

If you are worried about that or just have the kind of mind that can't cope with it, skip it.  You aren't the demographic.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting trip, but I didn't like where it ended. In fact, I'm still pissed at how it ended. It's interesting...but damn.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I enjoyed the journey, but the destination sucked.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

it was over my head. I got lost.

+1, i gave up on the last season - it just got really stupid.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It was good for a season or two but went full retard after that. My wife thought it was great but me, not so much.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have heard the show "Lost" is pretty good from a few people. Every episode is available on Netflix Instant view.

no, it is weird and the ending makes the Soprano's ending look like pure genius.

It was dumb.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I couldn't even finish the second episode.

Too dumb.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I liked it and would highly recommend watching it..  I have it on DVD except for the last season I want to rewatch sometime soon..

Brian
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought it sucked. Let your own opinion guide you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#19]
First season was really good, but it went downhill after that.  I think I gave up on it halfway through the second season.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Loved every second of it. Started watching them all over again on BR.

Desmond episodes rule.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#21]
The first three seasons were really great. The fourth season was great just for what happens to one character.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Whichever episode has the polar bear in it, I was like really...

Then I did my Culy Bill impression.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#23]
The biggest prank pulled on the American people.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interesting trip, but I didn't like where it ended. In fact, I'm still pissed at how it ended. It's interesting...but damn.

+1
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I enjoyed the journey, but the destination sucked.

+1
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Desmond episodes rule.

See you in another life, brother!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
true story––'lost' caused me to start watching TV.

when we roomed together, i always poked fun of my brother for his TV habits, since i never turned the TV on except for football games and DVDs.  one night i came in from work, and he had season 1 of lost on DVD playing.  it wasn't enough that he watched TV shows constantly, but he even had to rent them?  i mean, c'mon!

his response was simple:  "watch one episode, and if you don't like it, we'll turn it off."  so i sat down and watched the first episode of season 1...

...then watched the next 7 episodes back to back to back, until i was so sleepy that i couldn't keep my eyes open.  we watched all of seasons 1 and 2––40something episodes––in 4 days.

start from the beginning, and enjoy yourself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Not really.  I tried watching it on two separate occasions (once when it first came out, and later after the last episode aired) and I just could not do it.  I got to about season 2-3 and just gave up.  It got so damn boring with those flashback sequences, why the hell do I need to know every minute of every persons life leading up to when they came to the island?  They gave way too much detail about things that were completely irrelevant to the story.  It was just ruhtarded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Its worth it I finally watched season 6 on netflix
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]

super time lag double.
or
d           o          u          b          l          e

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#31]

The butler did it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I watched it for awhile, it was good at first, it went total retard in the end, I listened in agony from the next room to the last episode.

I would read a book and look at the chicks while my "roommate" watched it, it's not worth expending a lot of energy to understand.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]

opps
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I watched it for awhile, it was good at first, it went total retard in the end, I listened in agony from the next room to the last episode.

I would read a book and look at the chicks while my "roommate" watched it, it's not worth expending a lot of energy to understand.

odd response from a guy with a 'lost' avatar.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Its pretty clear that the writers for that show were trolling the fuck out of people who watch network TV and just making up shit as they went along.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#36]
The first three seasons were really great. The fourth season was great just for what happens to one character.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#37]
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Yes, it's worth watching.  The problem will be the amount of time it takes to get your questions resolved.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Its pretty clear that the writers for that show were trolling the fuck out of people who watch network TV and just making up shit as they went along.

Lost is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.  Well written, well acted and they used flashbacks for developing the characters and getting you to care about them and take interest in them in a very clever way.  It has action, mystery, romance for the ladies, and humor.  People who didn't watch it kept calling it 'That survivor show' but it's a lot more than that.

If you watch it, you will start getting frustrated and confused after a few seasons and think they are just making stuff up as they go along.  Then it gets really confusing.

All in all, totally worth watching. IMO.  I envy that you'll watch it in one sitting instead of waiting weeks and months for the next episode.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
first three seasons were pretty good, the last three were full of fuck, especially season 6
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#40]
yes!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#41]
If you can watch it consecutively then I say it is a great show. My biggest gripe was how long everything was stretched out over the years. If you can watch the entirety of the show in a relatively short period of time then you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#42]
The writers raped the fans...they had no ending in mind when they began, then painted themselves into a corner, and decided to fuck their way out by running a train on us.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey !  I'm not a fan of sci-fi. I tried to watch it on TV but working at night and trying to record it and watch it later. I got "LOST"

Last year my building was closing and I had stand-by time so I rented it one disc at a time and it was AWESOME ! ! ! !

Very entertaining! And I'm hard to please! Go for it ! ! ! !

When your done try Battlestar Galactica. Almost as good.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey !  I'm not a fan of sci-fi. I tried to watch it on TV but working at night and trying to record it and watch it later. I got "LOST"

Last year my building was closing and I had stand-by time so I rented it one disc at a time and it was AWESOME ! ! ! !

Very entertaining! And I'm hard to please! Go for it ! ! ! !

When your done try Battlestar Galactica. Almost as good.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#45]
The first two seasons really held my interest but the last couple of seasons were so over the top I doubt I watched a whole episode.  In reality those folks would have perished in the first month.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
"Lost" is epic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I liked it.  Not a typical tv show, which is good, and bad.

Keep in mind that many questions won't be answered, but I'm ok with that.  Some are, and some of the answers are quite nifty.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Desmond episodes rule.

See you in another life, brother!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I loved every single episode of season 1 - 5.  Just stop watching the show after that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

odd response from a guy with a 'lost' avatar.

Same thing I was thinking!  To OP...I loved it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top