Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 8:39:38 PM EDT
I hear about the bad treatment by the police, criminal justice system, bad school systems, and lack of jobs on the news but what about the bad home life, parents etc?

Doesn't being raised in a single parent and poor home put someone at a huge disadvantage from the beginning?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hear about the bad treatment by the police, criminal justice system, bad school systems, and lack of jobs on the news but what about the bad home life, parents etc?

Doesn't being raised in a single parent and poor home put someone at a huge disadvantage from the beginning?

View Quote

Personal Accountability?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

So much easier to claim racism and blame it on whitey.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Obviously it matters a ton, but "addressed" how?  It's a private matter, where the rest are public.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember all those "my child is out of control"  episodes of Maury?

Ever remember seeing the father or even hearing someone ask where he was?

Me neither.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
We're reaping what radical feminism has sown
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Blame the Dad?  First you have to find him.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You're racist for even THINKING of this topic.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Google "Moynihan Report."

Which, coincidentally, was 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
If you make being a deadbeat dad relatively easy, you're gonna get more of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I had great parents,,,,,,, I'm sure that has to help a bit
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
TL;DR

Requiring personal accountability is racist.

TC
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being poor not so much, but a single-parent home is the closes thing criminology has found to a "magic-button variable" for criminal proclivity.

Of course, it isn't politically correct to mention this, let alone try and do something about it.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Obviously it matters a ton, but "addressed" how?  It's a private matter, where the rest are public.
View Quote

It's hardly a private matter when taxpayer dollars are used to encourage and subsidize single-parent households.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
single parents get more govt bennies
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
that was an interesting little read
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top