Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 5:36:04 PM EDT
Holy cow...I have seen better pick-up games at the YMCA..is this really a "professional" sport? Or am I just being sexist? these women are'nt playing baskeball...it looks more like Special Olympics coverage..I mean really. Why must they be on television? Seriously. Why?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't watch anything that involves chasing a ball.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is just another one of those things to keep the nags happy.  If you want a real treat, go to one of the games.  All the fans are carpet munchers.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Huh?  They get PAID?
No shit.
Wow, how much in the hole (pardon the expression) is that league?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The real story behind the WNBA is what they don't show on t.v.

Just how they keep their shoes from scuffing up the floors is beyond me--they must have a very skilled ferrier who knows how to hot shoe with rubber.  

You also don't see the feed troughs and the oat bags--it's considered impolite for the players to strap on the feedbags on camera.

I've even heard that one of the teams has a player that can count to ten by stamping her foot on the court--very helpful in figuring out how many bags of oats to bring in before the big game.  

Did you know that due to the wild popularity of the WNBA that NIKE, Converse, and Addidas are all now making sport saddles and bridles?  You should see NIKE's saddle with the swoop on the side--it's FABULOUS.  

Yippee Kay AY motherf@ker!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sports Illustrated did an article on the WNBA. I don't remember how much it was loosing, but they are loosing millions every year. The NBA it the only thing keepig it afloat. The NBA is the only thing that keeps them going year after year. After commisioner stern is gone the WNBA will follow.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Special Olympics coverage..?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is just another one of those things to keep the nags happy.  If you want a real treat, go to one of the games.  All the fans are carpet munchers.  

So true.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they're close to going under. The womens soccer league just went under.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is the WNBA the worst "professional" sport?

Since when was WNBA a 'professional' sport?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the WNBA the worst "professional" sport?

Since when was WNBA a 'professional' sport?

Since they began getting paid money and contracts for "playing" the game of Basketball. No kidding..I know I could smoke ANY of these girls one on one...maybe a penile removal and some silicone..I could be a Basketball star?

BTW Slash..how bout that Chris Perry? He humiliated your D this weekend. Sorry, off topic hijack...
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
WNBA?

Is that that game where the lesbians play with the balls?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty funny article by a female writer for ESPN.com on WNBA-

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/pressman/030602.html
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty funny article by a female writer for ESPN.com on WNBA-

[url]http://espn.go.com/page2/s/pressman/030602.html[/url]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top