Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/12/2015 5:18:36 PM EDT
Brought to you by the people the broke the Fast & Furious scandal.

Last week, a secret deal involving the National Rifle Association lobbying arm and brokered by politicians of both national political parties was struck in Washington DC that would save the ATF from the political and legal consequences of its own regulatory errors. In the process, this deal would broaden the language of the 1968 Gun Control Act regarding "sporting purposes"

More at link:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2015/04/ssi-exclusive-negotiating-rights-away.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Pretty sure this is a dupe without having to widen the definition of "Sporting Dupes".
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't widening the definition of sporting purposes be a good thing?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if you want to spread NRA hate in GD.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Make this a fire mission

Contact the NRA here and let them know that these backdoor sell out deals are unacceptable
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Jfc some of GD are pieces of work.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

No it wouldn't be.  There is no fucking "sporting purpose" in the second amendment.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we talking about widening the definition in favor of gun owners or the ATF "widening " their definition of what does not meet the sporting purposes?

You can bet your ass that it's going to be advertised as being in favor of the gun owners but in reality that it will actually be ATF restricting the definition more narrowly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#9]
This may have something to do with Nolo's case
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Exactly how are they widening the sporting purposes rule?  The article does not say.  How are we suppose to understand what is going on if they do not explain exactly what is be changed?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't broadening what "sporting purposes" mean that they wanted to represent a wider range of gun owner's interests?

Isn't that actually better for anyone who doesn't hunt?  Shit.  That's a compliment.  We're a big enough market segment to warrant the NRA trying to cover us better than they have in the past?

Step in the right direction, I say.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are we talking about widening the definition in favor of gun owners or the ATF "widening " their definition of what does not meet the sporting purposes?

You can bet your ass that it's going to be advertised as being in favor of the gun owners but in reality that it will actually be ATF restricting the definition more narrowly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA is involved. They are the most anti of anti-gun groups in this country. They make the Brady brunch look like girl scouts. Clearly this is bad for gun owners.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like the NRA is getting pistol grip shotguns in exchange for the possibility of an ammo import ban.

Good trade?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The NRA is involved. They are the most anti of anti-gun groups in this country. They make the Brady brunch look like girl scouts. Clearly this is bad for gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seems like the NRA is getting pistol grip shotguns in exchange for the possibility of an ammo import ban.

Good trade?
View Quote

No. Rights are not negotiable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
This is hilarious, its like you're all just writing a narrative as you go and everyone just goes along with it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

No such thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Would be perfect if the NRA could deliver another ass fucking to american gun owners on May 19th. - and call it "good for all of us" yet again.

29 years ago.  Many here never had a chance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

Considering we already have both, how the **** would any of this be a "good trade"?!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

Why trade?

The Brady Bunch has spent decades offering us trades where they get to take something away, in exchange for letting us keep something else that they wanted to take away.  I prefer a trade where we get pistol grip shotguns and no ammo import ban, and the BATF gets to keep half of their annual budget.

If the BATF has screwed themselves, by making stuff up as they go, let the BATF deal with fixing their screw ups.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Built without the "help" of the NRA, fully in compliance with fed & state law.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Man they sold us out years ago. There nothing more that a group of cocktail sipping two faced scum bags just like all our politicians.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Brought to you by the people the broke the Fast & Furious scandal.

Last week, a secret deal involving the National Rifle Association lobbying arm and brokered by politicians of both national political parties was struck in Washington DC that would save the ATF from the political and legal consequences of its own regulatory errors. In the process, this deal would broaden the language of the 1968 Gun Control Act regarding "sporting purposes"

More at link:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2015/04/ssi-exclusive-negotiating-rights-away.html
View Quote

Im sure that a government with a national security agency as broad as our already knows the "leaks" that talk to mike v, and also knows that the nra is the only thing standing in the way of their regulatory schemes.

you do the math

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Man they sold us out years ago. There nothing more that a group of cocktail sipping two faced scum bags just like all our politicians.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

Hell no.  There shouldn't be restrictions on either one.

If it's sporting purpose related, it would probably ban AR/AK ammo.  I'd much rather have affordable import ammo than any shitty pistol grip shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Would be perfect if the NRA could deliver another ass fucking to american gun owners on May 19th. - and call it "good for all of us" yet again.

View Quote

How old were you 29 years ago?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#28]
used the "contact us" thing on the NRA site and the NRA-ILA site. Hopefully they aren't screwing us.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#29]
... lifetime NRA memberships are $500 this week!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow.

Thats some amazing non reporting.

Quick give more money to Dudley and the gang!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May 19th, 1986 i was 31.

The NRA threw us under the bus.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone should renew their NAGR membership today, right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

quickly.

they don't compromise.  they simply take your money and pay themselves.

read the article, its frightening.  Its like Harry Reid talking about Romney's tax returns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it would be. Widen it enough and it becomes meaningless. Then it becomes real easy to eliminate.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quick name a gun law the NRA helped repeal .
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]
what don't these guys understand about  shall not be infringed
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now name one the NRA helped get enacted

(or did nothing to prevent)
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No it wouldn't be.  There is no fucking "sporting purpose" in the second amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well.....unfortunately there is one in the GCA '68.......

What does "widening the definition" mean exactly......would it more clearly define what "sporting" is and allow more exemptions? maybe pistol grips and folding stocks now "sporting".....if so that might not be a bad thing.....bring the definition of "sporting purposes" more in line with 21st century firearms?

As far as PG shotguns, who knows?....a few years ago there was no such thing as a non-NFA shotgun with a PG and a bbl. of less than 18"....regardless of the OAL.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

quickly.

read the article, its frightening.  Its like Harry Reid talking about Romney's tax returns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quickly.

My God man, get on the NRA-bash bus or get under it!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They helped with cleo shall sign in North Dakota this year.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh right to hunt ducks with muh scattergun, though...
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

Fuck no..  How about getting square on all of the other shit we gave up over the years, without anything in return. Compromise my ass.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]

The right of the people to engage in sports shall not be infringed.

Join the NRA! Wayne La Pierre needs a new house.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to throw in the most obvious - the 1994 AWB - just to see the derp it will produce.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The sporting purpose clause is BS.   We shouldn't have to give up ammo types to broaden it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#46]
This could possibly explain why Rand Paul was not invited to the NRA convention. He's not for this bullshit if a sell out with the NRA and ATF is true.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Good trade?
View Quote

no trade, no compromises, times getting away from us with this shit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Built without the "help" of the NRA, fully in compliance with fed & state law.
http://i.imgur.com/L1q7zEE.jpg
View Quote
Bottom one is a DD.  Go read the definition of a DD, then read the definition of a shotgun.  Then realize how bad the ATF screwed up with their over 26" "shotgun" type weapon letters.

ETA: 18" factory pistol grip shotguns are DD's as well.  ATF didn't read their own laws and now thousands of unregistered DD's are floating around and most people don't even realize possession is a felony.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Make this a fire mission

Contact the NRA here and let them know that these backdoor sell out deals are unacceptable
View Quote

Thanks. Here's what I wrote to them:
"This is why I will not be renewing my NRA membership:
I just read an article at Sipsey Street Regulars entitled "NRA, ATF& bi-partisan group of politicians agree to save ATF from itself and widen the definition of "sporting purposes."
If you are unaware of this deal, you can read the article for yourself here:
ALL of my money will be going to other organizations such as the GOA from now on. You will never receive another dime from me."
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just read an article at Sipsey Street Regulars entitled "NRA, ATF& bi-partisan group of politicians agree to save ATF from itself and widen the definition of "sporting purposes."
ALL of my money will be going to other organizations such as the GOA from now on. You will never receive another dime from me."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make this a fire mission

I find it hard to believe you could be this credulous and excitable and not have stopped being a member long ago. In fact, I'm tempted to ask you to show proof you are one now. But, assuming what you say is true, Larry Pratt thanks you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top