Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/1/2004 2:37:39 PM EST
She wants her permit! Is the Baby Kimber too heavy for purse carry.
Is the recoil too sharp. Thought about a SIG 232 but they aren't Sigs best as far as reliability.
What do you guys think? The Kimber is like jewelry...Yum
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:41:25 PM EST
It's definately heavier than the alloy framed versions. I suggest letting her handle the two and make her own decision.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:42:47 PM EST
Isn't the eclipse all steel? It'll be heavy...I went w/a Kahr PM9 you can also get a PM40 if you want.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:44:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 2:45:16 PM EST by Hellboy]
The Eclipse is the only pistol that size Kimber makes with a steel frame. All the other Ultras have alloy frames.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:52:01 PM EST
Does your wife shoot .45 ACP well?

I got my fiance a Kimber Compact CDP, which she shoots rather well. I had her shoot 9mm, .40 SW, and .45 ACP in a variety of pistols (large and small, heavy and light) and she did equally well with all 3 calibers. If the .45 had been too much to handle I wouldn't have gotten it for her. "Carryability" is important, but it's secondary to "shootability".

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:01:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:
Does your wife shoot .45 ACP well?

I got my fiance a Kimber Compact CDP, which she shoots rather well. I had her shoot 9mm, .40 SW, and .45 ACP in a variety of pistols (large and small, heavy and light) and she did equally well with all 3 calibers. If the .45 had been too much to handle I wouldn't have gotten it for her. "Carryability" is important, but it's secondary to "shootability".

She luvs the the 45 cal and is as good or better than me. I'm the rifle guy of the family
We will have to check out the weights at the gun show this weekend.
Also considering Springfields 3 inch barrel compact 1911 in Black Stainless. That one's purty too.
I trained her well because she prefers only all black firearms
Top Top