Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:49:20 PM EDT
I predict it comes back just like the T-Bird. Couple more years tops.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is.  About 6 months ago, some F-body forum member found a PDF file with records from a tool & die manufactuerer who makes stamps for GM's body panels.  It had '07 (If I remember correctly) cars and stuff, it was definitely interesting.  It listed the Firebird or Camaro, I forgot which, maybe both... that and it should be obvious, it's what, the 40th anniversary?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I predict a retro Bird sorta like the new Stang.
They need to go full on in the engine compartment though, to make it a success. One small step below the Vette in performance numbers.
They have get the style right too, I think Ford missed it on the Stang, it shoulda been closer to the original. The new F body has to hit the 2nd generation to be a success. JMHO
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
a 68' lookin 07 camaro? I'm in.  RIGHT FUCKING NOW.  A 68 camaro is in the top 3 car's of all time.  Grrr  Makin me horny.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They have get the style right too, I think Ford missed it on the Stang, it shoulda been closer to the  

A lot of people seem to disagree judging by the way they are flying out of the dealerships.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I predict a retro Bird sorta like the new Stang.
They need to go full on in the engine compartment though, to make it a success. One small step below the Vette in performance numbers.
They have get the style right too, I think Ford missed it on the Stang, it shoulda been closer to the original. The new F body has to hit the 2nd generation to be a success. JMHO

2nd gen??? Arg... I have to go chug some mouthwash to get all the barf taste out of my mouth even just thinking about the 2nd gen F-body.

I have to go to the dentist, shave my mullet and divorce my sister whenever I think about the 3rd gen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
All these retro cars, and Dodge makes THAT Charger?  I like the new Stang, and it wouldn't suprise me a bit if GM tries a retro F body, but Chrysler designers really screwed the pooch on their end.  Hijack over, sorry, its late and I am ranting......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
There's talk about GM unveiling a Camaro concept car at the 2006 auto show.  Maybe based on the Cadillac Sigma platform.  

'07 will be the 40th anniversary for the Camaro.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If they bring it back you can count me in

I should have never got rid of my 99 camaro Z/28
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#11]
The early second generation Camaros were right up there for performance with the 1st gens. It was post 73 that the government forced Chevy to nueter them. From then on the were low compression, low HP heaps. Now as for the 3rd gens. They were nuetered from start to finish. There was never an impressive year for the 3rd gen Camaro. They were built like shit and were all dogs. Now the 4th gen redeemed the F-Body and the LS1 powered cars were some of the best cars GM ever built IMO. The Camaro will be back but not the firebird from what I have heard. I originally heard 06 but it is too late for that now so maybe 07.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Drive a 4th gen and your opinion on the 3rd gen will greatly change. And opinions of looks a purely subjective. I will post a pic of my old 70' and you post a pic of your Iroc and we can takes votes of which looks better
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#14]
It was killed off for now.  The designers were layed-off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The SS camaros were my favorite.

I just wish I got one when I had the chance to.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a 97' 6 speed with a few mods. Loved it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
a 68' lookin 07 camaro? I'm in.  RIGHT FUCKING NOW.  A 68 camaro is in the top 3 car's of all time.  Grrr  Makin me horny.

This is sitting or rusting away in my barn...

Not a real Z just a look alike.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#21]
My guess is it'll be LS2-powered and rated slightly less than the C6/GTO, perhaps around 375 HP.

BTW - Chuck Hammer is a former '02 SS owner.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I love my '96 Trans-Am WS-6.  Never been in a car that is more capable for its price tag.  The LT-1 engine has tons of potential if you have the time to tinker with it.  I don't get the reverse flow cooling or "opti-spark" but whatever works.  The suspension is amazing and can only get better with sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, etc.  The t-tops don't leak, it's quiet inside, nice and loud with a good rumble if you're behind it (Hooker cat-back exhaust).  The only thing that really pissed me off about it was the CAGS.  The computer should not prevent me from shifting into second and third when I want to.  <$30 part and that issue was fixed.  All this talk about the F-bodies has made me want to go home and spin my tires.  See you later.  MJD

P.S.  By the way, I think they'll bring back a neutered front wheel drive car much like they did with the Monte Carlo.  What I wouldn't give for a nice '86 Aerocoupe.  Droool.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#23]
My 02 Collector Edition Trans Am will be finding its way onto ebay soon. I find myself in sudden need of a house.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a heavily-modded 3rd-gen Z-28 in my late-teens/early-twenties... it's a miracle I'm still alive.  I sometimes miss that car's power, but that's about all I miss about it.

I have always wanted a first-gen Camaro.  If the General can cobble together a new, resurrected model that is at least as inspired by the first-gens as the new Mustang is by it's great-grandfathers, that will be my next new vehicle purchase.

Quoted:
P.S.  By the way, I think they'll bring back a neutered front wheel drive car much like they did with the Monte Carlo...

That is my fear, as well...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I love my '96 Trans-Am WS-6.  Never been in a car that is more capable for its price tag.  The LT-1 engine has tons of potential if you have the time to tinker with it.  I don't get the reverse flow cooling or "opti-spark" but whatever works.  The suspension is amazing and can only get better with sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, etc.  The t-tops don't leak, it's quiet inside, nice and loud with a good rumble if you're behind it (Hooker cat-back exhaust).  The only thing that really pissed me off about it was the CAGS.  The computer should not prevent me from shifting into second and third when I want to.  <$30 part and that issue was fixed.  All this talk about the F-bodies has made me want to go home and spin my tires.  See you later.  MJD

P.S.  By the way, I think they'll bring back a neutered front wheel drive car much like they did with the Monte Carlo.  What I wouldn't give for a nice '86 Aerocoupe.  Droool.  MJD

I had a 99 WS.6. Man I loved that car. Never should have sold it. Had all the bolt on's, 4:10 gears, Mcleod clutch, etc. The only gripe I have about those cars is the POS rear end. I broke a set of rear gears every couple of months. Ended up selling b/c I couldn't afford to keep swapping gears or get a 12 bolt for it. One of my old F-Body buddies still has his 99 Formula. That car makes me drool. It has gone 10.30's at 132mph and it's his daily driver. Here's a pic of my old TA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top