Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 4:18:25 PM EDT
I came out to my truck after work and found a note tucked under my windshield wiper bashing Kerry and the Democrats. This threw me a little as everyone that knows me knows that I am a hardcore conservative. Then I got to thinking about the Confederate flag magnet on my tailgate that my dad gave me as sort of an inside joke (southern hillbilly thing). It's the only thing on my truck; no other bumper stickers of any kind. Did the C flag prompt a fellow Republican to leave an anti-Dem note? If that flag is related to the Democrat party it's news to me, though I admit I haven't studied the subject much. I always thought the two parties came after the civil war.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone who has participated in the many civil-war threads and made his opinions known, let me just say that anyone who confuses modern politics with anything that happened 140 years ago has lost their mind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
"anyone who confuses modern politics with anything that happened 140 years ago has lost their mind".

Here, here!

There are people in Ireland killing each other over things that happened 600 years ago.
The people in the Middle East are still bitter over the Crusades that happened around the FIRST Millennium.

The Democratic party was formed WAY before the Civil War.
The Republican Party was formed in the 1850's SPECIFICALLY to put an end to slavery.
That's right, all those anti-slavery activists were Republicans.

All those Slave owners, Reconstruction Night-riders, Dixiecrats, and good ol' segregationists like Bull Conner and Lester Maddox were DEMOCRATS.

It's only since the 1960's when Lyndon Johnson and the REPUBLICANS got the Civil Rights bills passed, that the Democrats suddenly became big on civil rights.

As Ann Coulter says, "They've just changed the people they discriminate against, from Black to White".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top