Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 2:37:05 PM EDT
So I went to replace a spring in one of my mags and even though my AR is clean, I break it down all the way and give it a good bath. Everytime I go to do any small task on one of my guns I have to clean it even when they dont need it. Anyone else do this?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever picked up a clean rifle you haven't touched in a while and found rust somewhere?

I think that's the most common source of that kind of behavior.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I clean my clean guns sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a touch of obsessive-compulsive to me.

As long as you're not talking to it like Private Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket" I don't think it's a problem.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are obsessively cleaning your guns then that means you havn't shot them enough and are still treating them like safe queens. Once you take it out shooting several times, including a little bumb-firing now and then, and maybe get a couple scratches on the finish, you won't be so finicky.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It's called OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
And if your on meth tweakers seem to like taking shit apart
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds anal retentive to me. I suggest you never drop your weapon or you'll have a heart attack.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I will drop a few off, you can clean mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top