Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 6:51:53 PM EDT
Who's ready for .gov healthcare for everyone!

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone snipped a tendril off of the bottom of their tongue awhile back. I wonder if anyone besides me remembers that thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That's some fucked up shit, man.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Robots.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry it'll be a felony to perform any form of medical treatment without a license. gov authorization, and to use non FDA approval materials.

So when you cut yourself, do not reach for a shop rag, electrical tape and a flask of whiskey, install call your designated health care administrator and hope they can treat you before you bleed to death or from an infection. Failure to do so will cost you your 2A and voting privileges, some time in jail, and a raping of your bank accounts. This is for your own good after all. Don't question it. Gov knows better than you.
Don't think this can happen? WTF do I need to sign for some allergy pills?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
and eating leafy green vegetables puts oncologists out of work
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not surprised by these animals.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't worry it'll be a felony to perform any form of medical treatment without a license. gov authorization, and to use non FDA approval materials.

So when you cut yourself, do not reach for a shop rag, electrical tape and a flask of whiskey, install call your designated health care administrator and hope they can treat you before you bleed to death or from an infection. Failure to do so will cost you your 2A and voting privileges, some time in jail, and a raping of your bank accounts. This is for your own good after all. Don't question it. Gov knows better than you.

most all medical devices are only legally allowed to be sold to a physician or under their orders.

Everything at work is stamped with that warning. From the drugs down to cotton swabs and bandages.

Also the surgical chinese finger traps. Those are cool.

And while you can get most of them from wally world, the ones sent to the hospital are regulated.

Also, I once cut out a wart with a spyderco a pair of pliers and a bottle of whiskey... Right out of my big toe.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That's nothing.  One time I cut a sebaceous cyst out of my butt.  It was about an inch and a half away from my heinie hole.  I used my dissecting kit from college biology, superglue, and a bandaid to do the job and effect the repair.  The first cut hurt like hell, but I almost passed out on the second cut, which wouldn't have been to good considering I was standing in front of the bathroom door bent over looking between my legs at the mirror.  Of course it may have been the position I was in that almost caused the blackout.  After I dug everything out I used the glass eye dropper in the kit to flush the wound with peroxide which almost caused another blackout.  Finished it up, squirted superglue all over it, and put the bandaid over it.  

Hurt like hell, but sure beat having a Dr with his hands stuck back there touching me.  

I'm not lying.  Simple surgeries aren't that big a deal if you can handle a little pain.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's nothing.  One time I cut a sebaceous cyst out of my butt.  It was about an inch and a half away from my heinie hole.  I used my dissecting kit from college biology, superglue, and a bandaid to do the job and effect the repair.  The first cut hurt like hell, but I almost passed out on the second cut, which wouldn't have been to good considering I was standing in front of the bathroom door bent over looking between my legs at the mirror.  Of course it may have been the position I was in that almost caused the blackout.  After I dug everything out I used the glass eye dropper in the kit to flush the wound with peroxide which almost caused another blackout.  Finished it up, squirted superglue all over it, and put the bandaid over it.  

Hurt like hell, but sure beat having a Dr with his hands stuck back there touching me.  

I'm not lying.  Simple surgeries aren't that big a deal if you can handle a little pain.

And why didn't you post this on YouTube?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can't at the very least get an EMT-I you are not a conservative, and you do not believe in hard work and American ingenuity.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait so did he get it all out?  Didn't sound like he was clueless to what he was doing, except that he used some pretty fucked up tools and looked like a staph infection waiting to happen.  Any word on post-op?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Fucked up but if they sterilized the shit out of everything and practiced proper wound care it probably was orders of magnitude better than surgery two centuries ago and on par with a century ago. Not that good but people lived through it then.

Also they didn't do a good job excising it all. Guess that's why some people go to a school for that kinda thing.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why didn't you post this on YouTube?

YouTube didn't exist back then.  This was in 1992.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wait so did he get it all out?  Didn't sound like he was clueless to what he was doing, except that he used some pretty fucked up tools and looked like a staph infection waiting to happen.  Any word on post-op?

There's a few videos to it.   I didn't watch them, but they tell the full story, this is just one of the videos.  Google yknot dwain williams to find this one, and you'll then have the rest.  In a news story about it in one of its in the google search he said it was successful and took 10 weeks to fully heal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

most all medical devices are only legally allowed to be sold to a physician or under their orders.

Everything at work is stamped with that warning. From the drugs down to cotton swabs and bandages.

Also the surgical chinese finger traps. Those are cool.

And while you can get most of them from wally world, the ones sent to the hospital are regulated.

Also, I once cut out a wart with a spyderco a pair of pliers and a bottle of whiskey... Right out of my big toe.

I'm sure somewhere in that 2000 page law that's illegal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you can't at the very least get an EMT-I you are not a conservative, and you do not believe in hard work and American ingenuity.

If you're going to do I-99 you may as well spend the little extra time and get your -P.

<–––––– I-85
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I dug lead fragments out of my feet after letting a .22 LR off on concrete between my feet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top