Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 1:50:18 PM EDT
Bought a new Aimpoint H-2 2moa and noticed some odd differences between it and my H-1 4moa.  The worst difference, when looking through the optic especially on the higher settings I'm getting a red ring around the edge of the glass.  It's the same color as the dot and I'm assuming some type of reflection from the emitter. If I move my eye off center the circle goes away, it's only when i'm squarely behind the red dot.  Also goes away at lower settings, but on the settings I'd mostly likely use its there. Have none of that on my H-1, even on level 12 I just get reflection off the 2nd lense dude to lighting conditions but no red circle on the edge lense.  On that note brightness, I've noticed it's not as bright as my H-1 (could totally be related to MOA size), but in my somewhat lit house I was finding 9-12 the only useful settings.  I haven't taken it outside or to the range yet.  The font of the numbers on the dial is larger and whiter than my H-1.  Also the clicks are more mushy but have more space between brightness levels.  This all normal?  Aside from the red circle the other differences are pretty minimal and only noticeable next to a H-1.

Its more clear and crisp than the Comp M3 picture.(forgot to take a pic)

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My T1 makes the red ring on high
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Rgr, after looking at some other pics looks like it's probably normal. Me running the H-2 in higher brightness is probably exacerbating the issue. But I don't remember having any ring on my h-1.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol it's normal that red dots flare and reflect off the lens like that when cranked up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like a flare?

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol it's normal that red dots flare and reflect off the lens like that when cranked up.
View Quote

Agreed, totally expect that at 11/12, but 8-10? Also wasn't a issue on my H-1 is why I asked.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It happens on my T1, I suspect the effect depends on the surrounding ambient light.  Indoors with the red-dot intensity turned up, your pupils are relatively dilated and will see lesser intensity light, such as the reflections about the periphery of the optic.

Outside, say in sunlight, where the ambient light is much greater (also an environment where you actually need the higher intensity red dot setting), your pupils are constricted and less likely to gather the relatively low light about the periphery of the optic.

I don't run my red dots particularly bright and so in a practical setting it doesn't seem to matter much for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Agreed, totally expect that at 11/12, but 8-10? Also wasn't a issue on my H-1 is why I asked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Send it to me for further testing and evaluation.

It's likely broken
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's likely broken
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's likely broken

You got it! Send me a box with prepaid label and $600 and I'll ship it to you for t&e
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You got it! Send me a box with prepaid label and $600 and I'll ship it to you for t&e
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's likely broken

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My old H-1 did that.  I truly did not like that optic.

ETA: Nothing wrong with the optic I just preferred a larger objective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top