Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2009 4:57:07 AM EDT
One of my coworkers is a big-bore handgun & skeet enthusiast, but has absolutely no interest in tactical firearms or C&R or imported guns.  Constantly chuckling about how black rifles and military calibers are sure to be banned under Obama he gets quite upset when my response is along the lines of: "I'd suggest you stick up for the entire shooting community and not just the parts you enjoy.  If they ban my black rifles, I'll make sure they ban your hand-cannons and street-sweepers.  I'll devote hours every day to helping the Brady Campaign write legislation to ban all of your toys and you know I wont ban just the cosmetic features."

Am I being an asshole?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:58:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep; but I mean that in the nicest way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Works for me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Not the ideal situation, but the guy sounds like a huge tool anyway.

Fuck him, carry on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#6]
it sure would make obama happy to find out gun owners are fucking each other ...
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
While it is a severe response, maybe it would get him to think of the possibility that his weapons also might be on the chopping block one day.

I have used the same tactic on benchrest shooters. At the private range I go to, I have had to listen to the "What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?" comments. My response is always, "What makes you think they are not going to go after your high powered sniper rifle that can pick people off at 400yds plus after they get my weapons?"

You should see the look on their faces when the possibility of their rifles being taken away sets in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Using it as a response in an argument is perfectly okay. Actually doing it would be stupid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At the private range I go to, I have had to listen to the "What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?" comments.

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there.  Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference.  They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc.  OK, so the fuck what?  If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool.  STFU and carry on, dumbasses.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
i'd say its wrong to lie...unless you really will do that.
but if it makes the guy realize that we all stand together on this issue then...why not?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Using it as a response in an argument is perfectly okay. Actually doing it would be stupid.

this
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Sweet. Durn Morons can't see the writing on the wall. I always ask BO supporters when are they going to start letting homeless families move in with them.

fred
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yep; but I mean that in the nicest way.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
you'd only be a dick if you followed through with it.

i'd EXPECT an EBR ban in the next 20 years MONTHS the way things are going. the public will need access to whatever arms they can get. as much as it will gripe me i would still work FOR the fudd community keeping their high power sniper rifles.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

One of my coworkers is a big-bore handgun & skeet enthusiast, but has absolutely no interest in tactical firearms or C&R or imported guns.  Constantly chuckling about how black rifles and military calibers are sure to be banned under Obama he gets quite upset when my response is along the lines of: "I'd suggest you stick up for the entire shooting community and not just the parts you enjoy.  If they ban my black rifles, I'll make sure they ban your hand-cannons and street-sweepers.  I'll devote hours every day to helping the Brady Campaign write legislation to ban all of your toys and you know I wont ban just the cosmetic features."

Am I being an asshole?

Kharn

You make a valid point.... He needs to get his ideology in order!

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#17]
better idea is show him two rifle pics and ask him what the difference is.  tell him the dipshits in d.c. see both rifles as sniper guns and think we shouldn't have em

other than the evil looking stock, it's still a remington 700.  a rifle thats been built for 60yrs
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed.  It's like threatening to vote for Hillary because McCain is too liberal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Ask him why he needs the guns he has when a  muzzle loader would work just fine. Also find out if he has any military caliber hunting rifles in 30-06

Then punch him in the head.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Well it's exactly the "game plan" that the Dems have. They will pander to the hunting crowd for example and fawn all over them, telling them that they are the "responsible" ones and they are only going after the "loonies with the assault weapons".

Then they'll deal with the hunting/collector crowd later after they have dealt with us "loonies"

Divide and conquer. Worked for thousands of years.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Nope - good for the goose and all that.  Maybe he will re-think his position.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Ask him what makes him think they will stop at an AWB?

Remind him of the NFA, 1968 & 1986

Ask him if he understands the meaning of the word incrementalism.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#24]
If the Fudd community were actually instrumental in passing some form of AWB, then yes: I'd see to it that all Fudd firearms, such as their high-powered sniper rifles, are banned, as well.

Cutting off my nose? Sure..but I'm strangely comfortable with it.

I'm already in my early thrities, for Christ's sake. Let's get this party started.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?

*looks in spotting scope*

All I see is dead paper.  Am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#26]
"You might think your scoped, bolt-action hunting rifles are safe, but wait until the media starts calling them something else –– sniper rifles.  When that happens, and you come groveling to us for our pity and sympathy, you'll find it delivered to your face with the now broken stock of your menacing, evil tool of assassination."

_MaH
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Today's deer rifle is tomorrow's "high-powered SNIPER WEAPON".

Youre co-worker is a fucking FUDD.

Another reason why I don't discuss firearms at work. EVER.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Am I being an asshole?

Kharn

Nope, I have that same opinion as well.  Why do I need an AR?  Why do you need to go hunting?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#29]
My stance is now this.... If any further firearms restrictions go through, I'm voting for the most restricting, big government liberal I can in every election.  If a politician wants to ban sports cars and SUVs, they will get my vote.
The 2A is in the Constitution.... nothing about automobiles in there.  More people die from vehicles anyway.  It's for the kids.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#30]
if you read the text of the Assault weapons ban reauthorization act of 2008 , they will ban almost every type of firearm made..it's a LONG list of guns that will be on the chopping block.

BUT, if they ban the Peoples guns, then Then I am all for the cops and feds getting their guns banned too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not the ideal situation, but the guy sounds like a huge tool anyway.

Fuck him, carry on.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#32]
If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#33]
No.

The Fudd community needs a wake-up call.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
it sure would make obama happy to find out gun owners are fucking each other ...

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I've had this argument with fudds many times. That's why i don't allow hunting on my land.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Tell your co-work with out a doubt after "assault weapons" are gone his deadly baby killing weapons are next.

Edit: also ask him in what part of the 2nd does it say skeet or target?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Better idea... Put that same effort in to ensuring EBRs don't get banned... Oh and avoid conversations like that at work. You'll never know where they lead how heated they will get and surely your employer has better uses for your time than that.

Times are tough cutbacks are many, why put yourself on the skyline?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
better idea is show him two rifle pics and ask him what the difference is.  tell him the dipshits in d.c. see both rifles as sniper guns and think we shouldn't have em

http://i43.tinypic.com/1z3uutv.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2po8prr.jpg

other than the evil looking stock, it's still a remington 700.  a rifle thats been built for 60yrs

Great point....I'll have to use that one next time.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Am I being an asshole?

Kharn

maybe, but whats wrong with that?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#40]
I hate fudds
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#41]
sounds like a new sig line, maybe even a bumper sticker!

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nope.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck them Fudds. Nope youre not an arsehul.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.

I disagree...  As far as I am concerned, FUDDs have already been fucking EBR owners.  We're just offering to return the favor if we're forced to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Clue him in to this line from the bill:

"In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

Currently the bill does not apply to bolt action rifles, but that only means it is one simple amendment away from a ban on every firearm the military or government agencies has EVER procured.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#46]
There are no "good" guns for the ANTIs, only stuff they plan on banning now and stuff they plan on banning later.  The  wood-stock-only idiots need to wake up to this fact.

<––wingshooter, waterfowler, blackpowder pistolero, clay shooter, occasional deer hunter, air rifler, and proud EBRist.

I think I love every gun and every shooting discipline ever devised and few things piss me off more than fudds.  I'd actually actively work towards having the language of any ban include everything down to a single shot .22lr.  They can eat us easily one bite at a time, so we need to force them to show their true colors right up front.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the private range I go to, I have had to listen to the "What do you need that thing for, thats just made for killing people?" comments.

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there. Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference. They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc. OK, so the fuck what? If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool. STFU and carry on, dumbasses.

COC violation:

General Guidelines

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit asshole, as is every other gun out there. Regardless of what they're DESIGNED to do, it's what people ACTUALLY do with them that makes a difference. They're made to kill people, animals, old junk cars, etc. OK, so the fuck what? If used in DEFENSE, it's a very useful tool. STFU and carry on, dumbasses.

COC violation:

General Guidelines

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Err, I think he was calling the dumbfuck fudd at the range a dumbass, not the poster
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#50]
MAD....

MUTUAL ASSURED DESTRUCTION.

I like it...

We should also work against the liberals and their faggy Subarus and Volvos too.

Also their SUV's and sports cars.

That will get their vaginas tickled.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top