Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 9/21/2011 6:49:29 AM EST
Has the Republican straw poll been cancelled due to Ron Paul's victory on the left coast ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:29:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By StogerMan:
Has the Republican straw poll been cancelled due to Ron Paul's victory on the left coast ?

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:35:14 AM EST

What is this faggottree
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:20:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By nukldragr:

What is this faggottree

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??!!

Did I miss something here?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:43:35 PM EST
http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-cheated-out-of-texas-straw-poll-win/

Not common but not unprecedented. It's pretty well known the GOP does not like Paul so it's not surprising they would cancel the straw poll if they didn't think it benefited Perry.

Paul cannot be bought by ANYONE. That's his biggest problem and also why he should be President.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:01:38 PM EST
I can see why none of the candidates besides Ron have the least interest in spending campaign time or campaign money in the State of Texas. So if you have a straw poll and only one of half a dozen candidates is interested it sounds exceedingly plausible that the organizers took the lack of interest as a damn good reason to cancel.

I just don't see any huge conspiracy, Texas is a libertarian minded state but Perry would crush Paul in any contest that reflected how primary voters would actually vote.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:07:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
Originally Posted By nukldragr:

What is this faggottree

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??!!

Did I miss something here?

Those are my questions actually. Although more eloquently phrased.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:26:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By Justin-Kase:
I can see why none of the candidates besides Ron have the least interest in spending campaign time or campaign money in the State of Texas. So if you have a straw poll and only one of half a dozen candidates is interested it sounds exceedingly plausible that the organizers took the lack of interest as a damn good reason to cancel.

I just don't see any huge conspiracy, Texas is a libertarian minded state but Perry would crush Paul in any contest that reflected how primary voters would actually vote.

There is no conspiracy. The poll was canceled sometime before June 16th, well for Perry even announced his candidacy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:33:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:32:28 PM EST

More Paulanista conspiracy fear mongering.

If a poll were held in Texas, Paul would probably only draw a small percentage as he's actually not very well thought of by the majority here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 7:50:37 AM EST
Don't know about the straw poll but the media bias against him is undeniable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JViVLY_BRz4
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 9:11:06 AM EST
Thank you for this video. Thanks for standing up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:10:59 AM EST
After the Florida poll and all his complaining, is the fat lady clearing her throat so she can bid farewell to Mr. Perry ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:41:08 AM EST
Paul certainly didn't win Florida.....did he?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:34:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 10:38:51 AM EST by FIGJAM]
http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-09-24/ron-paul-in-fifth-place-at-presidency-5-straw-poll-in-florida/

He didn't waste his time there. Florida picked former FED Chair Herman Cain who with one straw poll win is now anointed by the media as a top tier candidate. Paul wins California and there's not a peep.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:00:17 AM EST
Didn't Paul win the straw poll in Huston?
Top Top