Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:39:51 PM EST
I would like to know if anyone has an Idea on re-enlisting into the Army Guard or reserve after being honorably discharged for 10% medical disability after 3 years active duty in the Marine Corps? I was discharged as an E-4 almost 10 years ago. I spent all of last year as a civilian guarding a U.S. Army base in Qatar which brought me up to this question.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:06:52 PM EST
I can't speak for the other services, but for the USAR as long as it is under 30% and not something that would put you on a P3 profile they will take you... with 3 years service you can come in up to age 38.

I have a couple soldiers in my platoon with 10-20% disability from prior active service or even deployment to OIF.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:11:36 PM EST
My MOS was 0311 infantry and 8152 security forces I looked up the re-entry code on the marine side and it states that for the Marines the code means I would need a waiver for re-entry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:13:07 PM EST
I'd call the local recruiter they can tell you in a heartbeat...... what part of the country do you live in?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:22:31 PM EST
I live in Texas the injury I recieved was during fast roping I broke a small bone in my foot sesmoid bone and after hearing horror stories about navy doctors and surgery I took a discharge instead of surgery.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:34 PM EST
Talk to the TXARNG I will bet they can hook you up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:49:35 PM EST
Thanks Garand for the info guess I will find out soon enough I emailed my local ARNG recruiter and I am going to call tommorow and see if its possible. I probably would have sooner but I figured that getting out with a disability I wouldnt have a chance to re-enlist. But after spending the year overseas in the middle east working with the Army I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:05:23 PM EST
I had a medical discharge with a 10% dissability from the Army and joined the USAR without any problems whatsoever. My RE code stated that I needed a medical waver, but that was really just another induction physical at the MEPS station. The RA\USAR\ARNG is so hard up for warm bodies I don't think you'll have a problem. Good luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:07:52 PM EST
As Sayliyah?

I'm leaving this place in 1 week.

sorry for the OT, had to ask.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:39:41 AM EST
Ya NAM I was there from apr 03 to apr 04 with Dyncorp Force Protection eek what a joke. But I wont go into that. How's it going over there I'm sure your ready to leave that place with august and september the hotest and most humid months who would think that the desert would be so humid.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:02:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By GITrinec:
Ya NAM I was there from apr 03 to apr 04 with Dyncorp Force Protection eek what a joke. But I wont go into that. How's it going over there I'm sure your ready to leave that place with august and september the hotest and most humid months who would think that the desert would be so humid.

lol....definitly a joke. They're finally starting to get MP's here and getting rid of the Dyncorp folks.

I'm definitly looking to cooler dryer weather
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:05:23 AM EST
Nam I'm glad to hear that they are getting rid of Dyncorp or atleast sounds like it man they were letting in people with no prior military experience and others that I won't remark about because it was hearsay. But being a prior Marine let me tell you those other guys scared me no discipline when it came to certain things on that Base.
Top Top