Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 2/26/2007 3:17:07 PM EST
I bought a Chinese "Paratrooper" SKS at the funshow on Saturday. It is the 10rd fixed magazine model with a 16" barrel. With a Mojo rear peep it will make a nice "truck gun". Nothing fancy.

I cleaned the barrel really well---twice---and I cannot see the telltale outline of chrome lining around the muzzle and the chamber area shows no sign of the silverish looking stuff. Looking down the bore with a borelight the rifling seems crisp, so I doubt it's so dirty that the chrome lining is hidden. When I field-stripped it most of the parts SEEMED relatively new, some still covered in cosmoline. I don't think it's been shot that much. Oddly the piston has a fair amount of pitting on it, but not inside the barrel.

I was always under the impression that ALL Chinese SKS's were chrome lined. In fact, IIRC all country's were except for Yugoslavian ones. Did some Chicom ones not have chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:19:39 PM EST
cant answer your question but IMHE with the SKS it will make a awesome truck gun.

Chrome lined barrel, pitted barrel, brand new in cosmoline, beat to shit never been cleaned and they all pretty much shoot the same!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:25:46 PM EST
They chrome lined the bore only, not the chamber. This only applies to chinese versions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:30:24 PM EST
No never. No chinese SKS were ever imported EVER without a chrome lined barrel- EVER.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:33:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1911greg:
cant answer your question but IMHE with the SKS it will make a awesome truck gun.

Chrome lined barrel, pitted barrel, brand new in cosmoline, beat to shit never been cleaned and they all pretty much shoot the same!

Jeez, they aren't that bad.

Aiming helps!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:34:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Centurian77:
No never. No chinese SKS were ever imported EVER without a chrome lined barrel- EVER.

He-he haw-haw. Okay, being facetious aside, can you kindly elaborate?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:36:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By ABNAK:

chinese products are only made to the highest standards, geez dont you ever shop at WAL MART!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:40:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1911greg:

Originally Posted By ABNAK:

chinese products are only made to the highest standards, geez dont you ever shop at WAL MART!

Nothing to contribute?

Then DON'T. The guy asked a serious question.
Top Top