Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:28:29 PM EDT
37 mm projectile launcher -- It launches a plastic/rubber projectile, usually from a perimeter, and is very accurate at 25 yards but can be used up to 75 yards. While single projectiles can be launched at an individual, it also can be used for crowd control by launching BBs, or "stinger rounds," at the feet. SWAT has had two of them for about three years but has never had to use them.

Anybody have any examples of one?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe this is what they used in Boston last week on the crowds.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Per ATF(E) (google yerself for the ruling) If you use ANY type of projectile out of a 37mm or similar type of flare launcher, it just became a Destructive Device.

You CAN have these, but you have to go Title 2 methinks, cuz you would be constructing a new device.  Right fellas?

Basically don't do it, unless you get a piece of paper from the Feds saying YOU CAN  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know shooting bird bombs and flares is okay but what about paintballs?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay so all 37mm ammo would have to be registered with the BATFE?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
i've never seen a 37mm painball gun...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I here there perfectly legal, but you can only use smoke, flares and things like that....  The instant you use a baton, beanbag, stingball, teargas, or anything else, or launch a flare or smoke at someone it becomes a destructive device, technicly your not even allowed to own a launcher and a batton or other such round, but you can own them seperately....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it would be an AOW, right???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think this would do it.......ammo is super expensive though:

www.calssportingarmory.com/FNHFN303.htm

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Shooting something like plastic/rubber/paintball rounds would make a 37mm a destructive device because these rounds are intended for shooting at people.  Checkout 37mm.com for more info.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Shooting something like plastic/rubber/paintball rounds would make a 37mm a destructive device because these rounds are intended for shooting a people.  Checkout 37mm.com for more info.

Even the launcher?

Or just the ammo?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 37mm "FLARE" launcher. And all I can shoot out of it are flares, OC, CN and CS gas, and smoke..Birdbombs were outlawed by the ATF (Yes, part of Homeland Security garbage) last May...

Anything considered Anti-Personnel, other than OC, CS or CN gas, is illegal and a big no-no..

The flare launchers are considered smooth bores and are not regulated by the ATF unless you desire to make it a Destructive Device...Then you have to do all the necessary paperwork with the .gov

www.37mm.com
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have a 37mm "FLARE" launcher. And all I can shoot out of it are flares, OC, CN and CS gas, and smoke..Birdbombs were outlawed by the ATF (Yes, part of Homeland Security garbage) last May...

Anything considered Anti-Personnel, other than OC, CS or CN gas, is illegal and a big no-no..

The flare launchers are considered smooth bores and are not regulated by the ATF unless you desire to make it a Destructive Device...Then you have to do all the necessary paperwork with the .gov

www.37mm.com

Awesome...NOT a firearm???  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks.

So a crowd control device in 37mm is a DD.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Even the launcher?

Or just the ammo?

CRC

The ammo (except flares, smoke, and old bird-busters) would be considered illegal, and if the 37mm launcher were anywhere near it then that would become a destructive device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top