Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 5:14:30 PM EDT
Tonight my wife was outside with our two year old daughter when she spotted a four or five footer hanging out in the ditch at the end of the driveway. It was about ten feet from our daughter. My nieghbor and tried to catch it so we could relocate it back to lake across the road, but, it got away. The lake is about 500 yards away. It's now underwater somewhere, but, still close as the ditch is small. There is only two feet of water in the ditch which is about 200 feet long.

After trying to catch it and failing, I thought maybe I should have just shot it. Normally I would leave alligators alone, but, this guy is a little too close to home. We also have a small dog and a cat.

BTW, one of my stupid liberal nieghbors kept yelling at us to leave it alone. I told him to fuck off. I'm sure he would call the cops if he saw me shoot it, hence my question.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. What you were trying to do is illegal as well. You must not feed or molest them. At least that whats the poster they put up here said.
Call animal control or use a silencer at 3am.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Shotguns and shovels work quite well on gators and asshole neighbors.  

However, calling animal control would probably be the best solution.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Not if you are the only one who knows about it. I have a friend here in Louisiana that lives on the water and well.......don't like alligators.

shoot shovel and shut up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, I forgot. You could always use:

He was coming right at me!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Is alligator good to eat. I know it tastes like chicken and all but is it worth the effort to gut them etc?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is alligator good to eat. I know it tastes like chicken and all but is it worth the effort to gut them etc?

Oh yeah!  My best friend is a coonass from Crowley, LA.  Fried gator is good eats.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think only the tail is good to eat. Not much meat on a small one like this though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top