Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 10:50:27 PM EDT
Has anyone else seen a reduction in the amount of spam they receive?

Virginia arrested a couple of spammers a few days ago for violating state spam laws? Since then, I have received probably a third of the spam I normally have to delete.

Is it just me?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
just you.. ive been getting a steady increase
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
just you.. ive been getting a steady increase
View Quote

Poop.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still getting the same amount as usual.  I hate spammers.

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Is it just me or....[/b]

Yes, it is! [:D]

On a more serious note; mine seems to be down, also, in the last couple of days.

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
My mom got me spam for Christmas last year, but that was her trying to be funny.

Oh!!!!!!! You mean the other kind of spam.  Yes, I've noticed less, but that's because I use bogus addresses to sign up for everything.  I still get the bi-weekly penis enlargement spam, though.  It sounds so simple [;)]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish.

I get 300-500 spams a day, filtering cuts out around 3/4's of it.

On top of that I'm having spoofing problems again, MF'ers are using my websites again to spam relay. Just hope I don't get put on any blacklists again.

Time to change all the email/login passwords again for a start. Then track these bastards isp's down.

edited to add: It's pretty F*ing bad when you get spam from one of your own email accounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top