Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 8:20:53 AM EDT
I am having a real problem deciding between completing my new M4gery or buying a new 1911 pistol. Do you guys try to completely finish your firearms or buy more before they are all complete.

My main problem is trying to decide between a aimpoint+magnifier or a TA31f RCOA4. Or to just say fuck it and buy a new kimber desert warrior to compliment my other kimber 1911.  I am also looking at buying a sniper rifle.  What would you do
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Complete your M4
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Complete your M4

+1

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Stockpile!!!

The new barrel ban snuck up on us. You never know when shit like that is going to happen. I've got a couple of unbuilt kits sitting around that I got before the ban was announced. I'm glad I did too.

Kris
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My advice is to buy all you can that was previously banned. With that logic, pistols will be available later. Get ebrs,lowers,and mags while the getting is good. Optics and rails and all that other swat shit shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on how many you got.

If you've already got an AR (or two) that are set up exactly the way you want, and same for a handgun - then I don't think it really matters, and you should do whatever you feel like doing.  if you're a little bored with that particular AR, go play with a new 1911 for a while.

However, if that's your only AR, I would definitely "finish" it (i.e. get the optic on there) before getting a duplicate handgun.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you've already got an AR (or two) that are set up exactly the way you want, and same for a handgun - then I don't think it really matters, and you should do whatever you feel like doing.  if you're a little bored with that particular AR, go play with a new 1911 for a while.

However, if that's your only AR, I would definitely "finish" it (i.e. get the optic on there) before getting a duplicate handgun.

I have two completely finished ARs one m4gery and an A4gery. So I should just buy up more guns?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have two completely finished ARs one m4gery and an A4gery. So I should just buy up more guns?

If you need to ask that question, you are in the wrong place.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think my opinion is more along the lines of there being nothing that you SHOULD do, and I'd recommend you just do what you WANT.  

But "more guns" is always a good plan
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Toys for guns can wait.

Ammo and more rifles are your mission.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#11]
For any new firearm, obtain magazines, ammo, spare parts asap.  Then as along as you have iron sights already, you can add special optics, grips, etc later.  But as soon as possible get the weapon system into usable shape.  

I don't care if you have a complete set of Savage double barrels in all gauges, if you don't have ammo, too, they are just old iron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top