Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 4:44:41 AM EDT
....guns that don't "look tactical / military style" don't interest me?

How bout you? Is a major portion of your colelction non-military and untactical?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Not at all...I like all firearms even pretty ones like Colt SAAs
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I like them all.

I love the uber-tactical black rifles (I am in the process of building a flat top M4 type upper with a rail system right now...), but I also love my M1 Garand, and my Remington 700 rifle, my 1903 Colt hammerless pistol, and I have an irrational fascination with tiny semi-auto handguns blued S&W revolvers.

You name a gun and I will proably want it. I may not want to use it as a carry weapon, but I would probably still want it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I must admit that the more "tactical" a weapon looks, the more I like it.  That being said I also am a hunter, though collecting a variety of wooden stocked Remington 700's doesn't intrest me, nor do shotguns.  The only time my shotgun sees is turkey season.  All in all I like military guns better though at the same time I like them all with the exception of double barrel shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:55:42 AM EDT
[#4]
About 80% of my guns fit the evil black rifle/pistol category but I do like wood, just not enough to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]

My favorite guns (aesthetically) are flintlocks.  Milsurps are a close second followed by modern battle rifles and then hunting arms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I admit I am the same way.   A lever-action something or other holds no onterest for me.  But show me a Steyr-Aug and I gott have it.

Side to side, the lever action is the better looking rifle to me, in terms of lines and contours and crispness.  But the Steyr-Aug isijust so cool.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Although most of my stuff tends to be of the para-military variety, I do have an affinity for firearms of all types. My first rifle was a .22, and I still have a thing for .22s. I'd also like to get a SA revolver of some sort. Maybe someday I'll have a big a collection as my Uncle does. I'd have to say that he was my biggest inspiration.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Always be open minded, its not good to have tunnel vision LOL
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#9]
If it goes bang than it holds my attention.......
With that said, I do draw the line based on quality.
If it's junk than it doesn't matter what design or outward appearance of the gun is.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a long-standing affection for wheellock's.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like them all.

I love the uber-tactical black rifles (I am in the process of building a flat top M4 type upper with a rail system right now...), but I also love my M1 Garand, and my Remington 700 rifle, my 1903 Colt hammerless pistol, and I have an irrational fascination with tiny semi-auto handguns blued S&W revolvers.

You name a gun and I will proably want it. I may not want to use it as a carry weapon, but I would probably still want it.

+87!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I think it's OK not to like them, as long as you still have an appreciation of them.  It's like having a true love of Jazz, and still appreciating classical / rock n' roll / country.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Tactical is practical

All my weapons are black.  Pistol grips are mandatory (except for the shotgun).  Still wouldn't mind a nice lever action someday
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't collect sporting type weapons and most of my arsenal falls into the milsurp or "as used by a military" category. I am strongly leaning toward starting to pick up the old west guns but then, many of those were military types of the era.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Your pll is incomplete/liberal type force into a wrong supposition.

There is nothing wrong with liking mil style weapons and not being "attracted" to non mil style weapons.  It is merely a matter of taste.  Some guys don't like red heads.  That doesn't mean that they are gay.  Just that they prefer blondes and brunettes.  It also doesn't mean that they can't occaisionally have fun taking a redhead for a ride......

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I like them all, but I have prefrence for the evil black looking ones.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I was that way once, then explored the world of revolvers, Ruger Mk II's, Beretta over/unders, Ruger 10/22, etc.  Lots of great non military guns out there!  In addition to the above I have a Remington 522 speedmaster , SW 1076, 44 mag, couple 357 magnums
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Differnt strokes for differnt folks!!!
I dig the tactical looking guns but open minded to all!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I have my share of black rifles and NFA toys, but I still enjoy shooting the good 'ol Ruger 10/22's with my kids.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I appreciate my hunting rifles and shotguns.  Also enjoy my milsurps and 'blacktical' rifles & pistols.  I will have a lever action rifle someday but haven't gotten into the cowboy action shooting scene.

As for the very futuristic looking weapons, ie; Steyr-Aug...I don't like 'crotch rocket' bikes, either, and that's what I see when I look at one of these things.  YMMV.

Best regards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top