Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 6:15:29 PM EDT
I want a preban Colt Carbine with a collapsable stock.  They're hard to find locally right now, but preban Colts with standard A1 or A2 stocks are available.  Is it legal to reconfigure a preban 20" Colt rifle with a 16" barrel and a collapsable stock?  If the price is right on a standard preban rifle, it seems reasonable to do the conversion if it's legal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, If it was a 'real' (assembled) rifle before the 94 ban, I believe is will be legal to add the collapsable stock to it.  I'm sure there are persons who have more information than I do on that subject than I do.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
VA-gunnut,

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this.  What do you mean by "make it a registered SBR?"

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]
VA-gunnut

Thanks for the reply. I understand about short barrel rifles and the law, but I've never tried to register and own one. The term "SBR" didn't click.  I live in the conservative State of Indiana.  I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before the political winds will change here also, but for now, our legislature is more worried about driving with cell phones, charging taxes, and budgets.  I hope it stays that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top