Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 7:29:18 AM EDT
If Colt says that for the time being they will only sell properly configured ARs to LE and Military, does that mean that they are still making postban type rifles and shipping them to stores? I can understand this for banned states, by why would anyone purchase a post ban configured rifle now? Unless it was really cheap enough that you could convert it to normal configuration and still be level with the price of a new rifle. What happens to all the postban type rifles that are sitting around gun stores all across America? I wouldn't buy one unless it was really cheap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
they say that because they probably have a gazillion post ban rifles ready to be shipped to dealers. What would they do with those rifles?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy one for $400.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted: What would they do with those rifles?

Sellem for cheap or use them as door prizes or raffle them off.....the possibilities are endless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit I will buy one for $500.  I will just go get the muzzle threaded.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]
All AR15s are postbans.  Unless you have some state AWB.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All AR15s are postbans.  Unless you have some state AWB.

Ok how about "neutered pre-postbans"
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd buy one for $400.

I would get one if they subtracted for an incomplete product.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]
ARs come in a lot of different configurations.  
I can't imagine why anyone would buy a varminter with a bayo-lug, flash hider and a telescoping stock.  Ditto for a target shooting rifle.  I'm going to purchase a superlight carbine upper (w/evil features), but my base rifle will remain my "postban" 20" A3.  It's still the best proposition for handload development and accuracy testing.  
BTW, I hate to admit it, but the 10 round mags are perfect for chrono testing (10 rounds is the best number for crunching a meaningful standard deviation number) and bench shooting.  They can also be easily switched out without moving the rifle from the rest.  I expect I'll be purchasing more of them as well as a few more thirty rounders.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#9]
There's not much of a choice other than post-ban type rifle's here in Connecticut.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
In the market for a nice condition post ban barrel myself (on the cheap) - 20" or 16" Dissy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#11]
If the priceis right, I'll take one. I'll never use the bayonet lug, and the flash hidder isn't that important to me either. A colapsable stock could be handy on some rifles but I could always add one if I needed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Sell them in New York
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top