Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 5:28:43 PM EDT
I just finished watching C-SPAN for about an hour. I saw two congresswomen (both Democrats, one from NY, the other from TX) worked up over the flood of assault weapons that will occur if the AWB is not renewed. How can such uninformed people be in charge of this country. The Texan kept refering to "automatic" weapons. And the New Yorker was making equally faulty statements. God help us.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The "Automatic" thing is really annoying.  Almost anytime a firearm is used n the commision of a crime, the local TV news says "Automatic Handgun" or "Automatic Rifle".  I ALWAYS call the station and explain Semi vs. Auto and ask them to clarify if it really was an Automatic weapon.  They usually admit their ignorance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont forget politicians are not in charge.  We just let them do that job because we would rather do some other work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember that when the AWB sunsets AKs and Uzis will flood the streets. Myself, I am planning to do the backstroke in them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite is the "automatic revolver" someone talked about on DU.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just finished watching C-SPAN for about an hour. I saw two congresswomen (both Democrats, one from NY, the other from TX) worked up over the flood of assault weapons that will occur if the AWB is not renewed. How can such uninformed people be in charge of this country. The Texan kept refering to "automatic" weapons. And the New Yorker was making equally faulty statements. God help us.

What is it with C-SPAN? Who"s side are they on every time I tune in it looks like I'm watching  DNC-TV.                                                                                It's time for another big change like the one we had in 1994.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wasn't there an automatic Revolver invented around the turn of the century by a british guy?
I think it was the Casull. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there an automatic Revolver invented around the turn of the century by a british guy?
I think it was the Casull. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Webley Fostbury Automatic revolver...  Quite rare, I've only seen one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Webley Fosbery .455 Revolver

Webley Fosbery revolver. The stock consists of walnut plaques fitted to a steel butt to form a grip with a lanyard ring set into the base. There is a solid frame made in one with the barrel but 'breaking' to load. A safety catch is fitted to the left side of the top of the grip (down for FIRE and up for SAFE). The cylinder instead of being the normal Webley pattern bears deep channels cut into its exterior surface. Unlike the normal revolver, the cylinder of this weapon does not revolve when the action is thumb cocked. To fire, the action is first thumb cocked and the trigger squeezed. If fired straight armed (and no other course is really possible) then the entire upper half of the frame recoils along the top of the lower frame. The cylinder has six chambers. The barrel is six-sided externally with a pronounced blade foresight. The calibre is 0.455in. The top of the barrel is inscribed 'P WEBLEY & SON, LONDON AND BIRMINGHAM'. The top of the frame is inscribed 'WEBLEY FOSBERY', on the left side lower frame is '455 CORDITE' and on the right side lower frame '3548' (which is the serial number). Each chamber bears a proof mark as does the barrel, a crown over 'BP'.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
no
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes. It makes me want to kill myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top