Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:12:40 PM EDT
I learned that CITGO was controlled by Hugo Chavez and I have decided not to give that punk any of my hard earned money. I am by myself on this?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:13:37 PM EDT
Don't frequent the place anyway
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:14:37 PM EDT
I have not gone to sh-tgo for close to 10 years now. Not about to start.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:19:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:21:04 PM EDT
never filled up there
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:21:59 PM EDT
Ah good. Some people have told me that it is stupid and that I am going to spend too much money on fuel. Fuck it. Rather give my money to Shell, BP or Exxon.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:24:33 PM EDT
My brother in law has worked for Citgo for about 14 years. He hates it and them and is looking to get on at Valero. I didn't realize it until I went to South Texas this weekend that Diamond Shamrock is converting to Valero.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:25:07 PM EDT
About two weeks back I stopped buying Conoco/Philips because of their anti RKBA policies.

What other suppliers are domestic?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:27:56 PM EDT
I go to the gas stations that have Americans inside and owned. If it is a Citgo than fine. I get tired of seeing the gas stationa around here not owned by Americans. What I mean by owned is that station not the entire company. I usually go to the Kroger gas pumps on Jonesboro road here in McDonough. They are usually the cheapest.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:52 PM EDT
This makes my blood boil!

Buy Your Gas at Citgo: Join the BUY-cott!

I buy my gas at Valero or Stop N Shop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mpearcex:
I go to the gas stations that have Americans inside and owned. If it is a Citgo than fine. I get tired of seeing the gas stationa around here not owned by Americans. What I mean by owned is that station not the entire company. I usually go to the Kroger gas pumps on Jonesboro road here in McDonough. They are usually the cheapest.

How do you know it is owned by an American. Do you ask for ID first?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT
CITGO= 7-11 gas here in Northern Virginia, D.C. and Maryland.

Also a majority of Mom and Pop gas stations pull fuel from the Fairfax terminal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:35:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
Ah good. Some people have told me that it is stupid and that I am going to spend too much money on fuel. Fuck it. Rather give my money to Shell, BP or Exxon.

Sheetz man! The sandwiches rule!

Dude I was served a nasty, nasty NASTY hamburger once from Shits, I mean Sheetz I raised ungodly hell over it and I will never go back for food, gas yes, food no.

This hamburger was half frozen, the bun was stale and the woman who rang me up looked like she just finished changing oil in a car.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:36:14 PM EDT
Why would I want water in my gas tank?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:38:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:39:19 PM EDT
CITGO is owned by Venezuela. No Venezuelan has ever flown a jetliner into an American skyscraper or blown up a US navy vessel. Cant say the same for the owners of some other gas/oil companies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:40:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Huh?

Our Citgo's around here have been caught cutting their gas tanks with water in order to produce more volume. I'm not quite sure why, since it seperates in the tank, but they do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:40:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
I have not gone to sh-tgo for close to 10 years now. Not about to start.

My sentiments exactly. It's been about 7 years for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:51:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
CITGO is owned by Venezuela. No Venezuelan has ever flown a jetliner into an American skyscraper or blown up a US navy vessel. Cant say the same for the owners of some other gas/oil companies.

That may be true, but the Citgo stations around here have been at least 20 cents a gallon higher than everyone else. That's enough reason for me not to buy from them. Hell, even Shell and Chevron are much cheaper than Citgo, at least in this area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:24 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. Do you have some info to confirm this? I'd like to pass it on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:54:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

Sheetz man! The sandwiches rule!

Dude I was served a nasty, nasty NASTY hamburger once from Shits, I mean Sheetz I raised ungodly hell over it and I will never go back for food, gas yes, food no.

This hamburger was half frozen, the bun was stale and the woman who rang me up looked like she just finished changing oil in a car.

Hmmmm....I'm so hungry I could eat....well.....a sandwich from a gas station.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:54:22 PM EDT

I hate that commie with a passion.

So yeah.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:54:31 PM EDT
CITGO has the contract to run all of the on-base gas stations, at least in this neck of the woods (Tidewater).
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:56:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

Originally Posted By cool-e:

That may be true, but the Citgo stations around here have been at least 20 cents a gallon higher than everyone else. That's enough reason for me not to buy from them. Hell, even Shell and Chevron are much cheaper than Citgo, at least in this area.

Last week, when gas rose to $2.89/gal, my local Citgo was still selling for $2.48. Last I checked, they rose as high as $2.52. Not a bad deal. And yeah, they haven't flown jets into buildings that *I* know of.

The CItgo down the street was $3.21 on Sunday when everyone else was $2.99.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:01:01 PM EDT

I have heard that story about Gate gas too. I dont get it that link says it helps the poor and such but the guy dont like Bush. The Citgo's around here are all new and have the premium for the price of midgrade twice a week. Do you were (((Levi's))) if so you support the Anti-gun company too. Let me know what this Hugo has done bad for me? I don't keep up on all the shit going on with goverments. LEVI's THE ANTI-Gun Comp.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:02:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cool-e:

The opposite here just alil lower but not much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-TUNA:

I have heard that story about Gate gas too. I dont get it that link says it helps the poor and such but the guy dont like Bush. The Citgo's around here are all new and have the premium for the price of midgrade twice a week. Do you were (((Levi's))) if so you support the Anti-gun company too. Let me know what this Hugo has done bad for me? I don't keep up on all the shit going on with goverments. LEVI's THE ANTI-Gun Comp.

Hugo Chavez is working to help spread communism to both South and Central America.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:04:23 PM EDT

Hugo Chavez is working to help spread communism to both South and Central America.

So why isa it not mention in the Boycott at that site it says he does good the way I read it????????????
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:06:48 PM EDT
Same out here in the PNW.
I'll pay for the cheaper gas, plus a few cents of it is kicked back to the MWR fund.
Good enough for me.

Originally Posted By H46Driver:
CITGO has the contract to run all of the on-base gas stations, at least in this neck of the woods (Tidewater).

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:06:57 PM EDT

Don't frequent the place anyway

Around here all the gas comes from one terminal. One guess who owns it.

According to an article I read yesterday, all companies (locally) buy gas from Citgo and add their own chemicals (supposedly, this is why some charge more). So, unless I want to find a city not serviced ny Citgo, I'll not be supporting the boycott. Of course, folks will support it only as long as they can find other sources.

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:07:24 PM EDT

So why isa it not mention in the Boycott at that site it says he does good the way I read it????????????

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:10:46 PM EDT

WTF?

LIke I sayed I dont keep up with goverment shit. Let me know that is all. Is Venezuela a commie country?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:10:57 PM EDT
I fail to see how he's going to finance revolution by offering cheap gas and taking a financial hit. If he charges too much then I won't buy it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:11:58 PM EDT

gee, so chaves ISN'T an america hating commie but is rather a saint doing only good deeds for the common folk? someone drank the pinko lemonade!

i don't wear levis for their anti-2a policies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT

Is Venezuela a commie country?

Yes, and they are importing massive amount of AK's AND they are forming alliences with Columbian Drug lords.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:13:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bcw107:
My brother in law has worked for Citgo for about 14 years. He hates it and them and is looking to get on at Valero. I didn't realize it until I went to South Texas this weekend that Diamond Shamrock is converting to Valero.

I was wondering about that recently. Two of the Diamond Shamrocks here just changed to Valero. I'd never heard of them until I moved to San Antonio; I think their corporate office is just down the street from UTSA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:23:29 PM EDT

Is Venezuela a commie country?

Yes, and they are importing massive amount of AK's AND they are forming alliences with Columbian Drug lords.

Ok Ty for the info. Iwill stay clear of them for now. Damn it was nice gettting the gas cheap. OH well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:35:38 PM EDT

Huh? Have not seen any Aramco stations...now I have seen BP, Total (French) and Shell (Dutch, the ORIGINAL Saudi oil importer).

But regardless, once the gasoline/diesel leaves the refinery, it is impossible to know where it came from. The tanker that fills the storage tanks at the Citgo could actually be using BP gasoline refined Nigerian crude.

Top Top