Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2004 8:27:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 8:28:36 AM EST by RustyTX]
Sorry no link on this one...

Is a Terrorist Army Massing in the U.S.?
MichNews ^ | 08-28-2004 | Alan Caruba

Is there is an invisible army of terrorists gathering in America today?
The mainstream media and the Bush administration do not want to talk
about it.

In July, Defense Watch reported that, in Arizona, an area called the
Naco Strip has become a primary route of illegal entry by "significant
numbers of Arab-speaking males." It took a small town weekly newspaper,
the Tombstone Tumbleweed, to reveal that, "males of possible Syrian and
Iranian descent have been detained in the past few weeks." Since
October 1, 2003, 5,510 illegal aliens designated "Other Than Mexican"
(OTM) have been apprehended while crossing the Arizona terrain. These
OTM's are not here to pick vegetables, mow lawns, pluck chickens, or
wash cars.

Just do the math. If only five Muslim terrorists crossed the border
every day for a year that would add up to 1,825 people ready to do the
bidding of Osama bin Laden.
If this has been going on for just the
years since 9-11, that's an army of 5,475. Then, too, there are an
estimated 2.9 million Muslims in America. Extremists, worldwide, are
estimated to be about ten percent of the overall population. Applied to
the U.S., that represents a potential 290,000 American Muslims
sympathetic to the Islamist cause. No matter how you slice and dice the
numbers, it suggests that a substantial threat exists and is
exacerbated by the failure to stop terrorists at our borders.

They constitute a virtual army of terrorists who, if not apprehended,
could create a day of havoc from coast to coast when al Qaeda gives the
signal. When that day comes, remember that you read about it here
first.

Or, as some argue, there's no proof that any al Qaeda operatives have
crossed the border. If, however, any were captured, normal
counter-terrorism procedures would be to deny this and seek to extract
information from those in custody.The 9-11 operatives were here thanks
to sloppy immigration procedures and, in the case of illegal aliens,
the estimates are that eight to twelve million live among us. That is a
huge margin for error.

The topic the Bush administration wants to stay away from until after
November 2, Election Day is immigration. Some have called the Bush
administration immigration policies "schizophrenic", but they are not.
They are globalist, i.e., the views of someone for whom national
borders should be regarded as outmoded while we all join hands in one
big, global neighborhood.

One can understand the "schizophrenic" label, given the hue and cry
about Bush's so-called unilateralism and willingness "to go it alone",
but this is the same administration that supports a variety of policies
that are globalist, most of which come straight out of the United
Nations. The way civics is taught in our schools today is designed to
create generations of globalists for whom our national sovereignty and
the Bill of Rights are just a bunch of 18th century "ideas."

There are a number of problems with this see-no-evil immigration
policy. On August 10, Jerry Seper of the Washington Times, reported
that, under President Bush's guest-worker program, "Millions of illegal
aliens in the United States would be free from arrest and deportation,
have access to tax-deferred savings accounts and Social Security
credits, and get unrestricted travel to and from their home countries."
This constitutes a massive dollar transfer to Mexico.

Homeland Security Undersecretary, Asa Hutchinson, responsible for the
nation's borders and transportation security, has apparently lost his
senses. In a recently reported response to questions from the Senate
Judiciary Committee, Hutchinson supported the Bush immigration policies
while acknowledging that the "incentives" being offered illegal aliens
are generous to a fault. The National Border Patrol Council that
represents 10,000 of the non-supervisory agents called the guest-worker
plan a "slap in the face to anyone who has ever tried to enforce the
immigration laws of the United States."

In January 2004, the Mexican government acknowledged that the number
of their people entering the US illegally had increased 66% from 1990
to 2002. Naturally, Mexico's president, Vicente Fox, wants Bush to
grant de facto amnesty to an estimated eight to eleven million illegal
aliens already working in the United States, the majority of whom are
Mexican. Amnesty and any other program of this nature is simply a
reward for breaking the laws of the United States of America. There are
even some voices suggesting they should be given the right to vote!

One little discussed cost of the open door policy being pursued by the
Bush administration is the increase in the cost of law enforcement
where illegal aliens gather in numbers. Right now, according to Seper,
"About 80,000 illegal criminal aliens, including convicted murders,
rapists, drug dealers, and child molesters who served prison time and
were releases, are loose on the streets of America, hiding from federal
immigration authorities."

They don't have to hide that hard. According the figures for 2002 from
the former Immigration and Naturalization Service and from US
Immigration and Customs Enforcement, more than 375,000 known illegal
aliens have been ordered deported, but have disappeared pending
immigration hearings. Lee Boyd Malvo, the sniper who terrorized the
Washington area, was one of them.

Recently, Brazil agreed to step up the policing of the Triple Border
Area with Paraguay and Argentina. According to a Washington Times
editorial, "It has long been identified as a fund-raising, training and
procurement haven for diverse terrorist groups, including al Qaeda and
Hezbollah." The ease with which terrorists could be infiltrated into
the US from these South American strongholds cannot be underestimated.

When the facts are examined, there are few good reasons to permit the
massive daily influx of Mexicans and other illegal aliens, but there is
one very good reason to shut it down completely.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:29:20 AM EST
i think a terrorist army in the us would be exactly the scenario a lot of people have been waiting for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:31:46 AM EST
Yes...and they call their Forts Mosque

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:43:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:10:06 AM EST
OTM = Other Than Mexican

OTM Also = Open Tip Match (The classification the DoD came up with to get around the Hague Convention restrictions against Hollow Point bullets)

So how about OTMs for OTMs?

Think about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:13:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 9:15:34 AM EST by Da_Bunny]
What you are talking about has been haunting my quiet moments for months. The SARs sure disappeared fast. I suppose if Bush gets re-elected, we may have an exciting inaugeration.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:17:21 AM EST
We in AZ haven't been hamstrung on weapons like some other states have.

5K terrorists? Show me where.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:20:01 AM EST
I am sitting here trying to contemplate exactly what these people would be capable of in those numbers...in many of our lifetimes, I fear that we will see major conflict here in the states....not individual attacks (although it will probably start that way)....but a long, protracted conflict...much like what we see in Israel. Just a matter of time
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:20:22 AM EST
I'm guessing there are over 10,000 foreign islamo-pukes in the US who are here awaiting the word to begin their terrorist campaigns on our soil. I believe they have been massing since the first WTC bombing but are currently "sleeping." With our borders wide open, they have been sneaking through at a frightening rate knowing full well the signal to begin attacks is forthcoming. I'm expecting some major operations before November.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:22:39 AM EST
Time to stock up on pork.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:24:10 AM EST
Damn, maybe someone should tell frdmftr1 about this?
Maybe he can expose this now and save the country before its too late.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:27:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
I'm guessing there are over 10,000 foreign islamo-pukes in the US who are here awaiting the word to begin their terrorist campaigns on our soil. I believe they have been massing since the first WTC bombing but are currently "sleeping." With our borders wide open, they have been sneaking through at a frightening rate knowing full well the signal to begin attacks is forthcoming. I'm expecting some major operations before November.

HS1

The most conservative estimates of people trained in AQ camps was 10k so if even 10% made it here that would be 1k that could act as instigators for the muslims already living here. It seems like everywhere else in the world they are unrealistic enough to take on huge countries so why not here? I just don't know if american muslims would be willing to give up the comforts of american life for their 'faith'. My gut says they wouldn't cooperate in big numbers. It only takes a few to cause civil unrest though. No welfare checks in our urban slums, no grocery stores open in the suburbs, no gas stations open. Imagine how long that would take to be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:29:00 AM EST
We have to be ready. Instead of plinking at the range we have to be testing our marksmanship skills in a rapid fire fashion, engaging multiple targets. It really is "for the children."
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:30:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By macro:
Damn, maybe someone should tell frdmftr1 about this?
Maybe he can expose this now and save the country before its too late.

roflmao.

It's probably old news to him. Maybe it's just a cover up for the whole "you need a bank acount" conspiracy. Which means RustyTX is apart of the conspiracy since he posted the story. And then that makes you part of the evil conspiracy also since you bumped the thread up with your reply which secretly is just a way to get more people to read the thread.

YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:31:51 AM EST
With all the money that the Saudi's have been throwing around to appease the Islamo-terrorists and the money and manpower the Iranians have to contribute, this is certainly a real possibility. They could be buying up convience stores to use as fronts for their infiltrators. The Pakistanis already have that market well established, and there are plenty of them who are in lock step with the Al Quida types. What better place for them to hide? In plain sight, selling beer and Lotto tickets while their accomplices live in the back of the store. Just biding their time until they get their wake up phone call.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:35:58 AM EST
Shoot, I thought htis was gonna be a discussion of the protesters in NYC....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:37:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:

HS1

I'm there are many terrorists in the USA even prior to the WTC/Pentagon attack of 9/11/01.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:43:02 AM EST
THis is one of those times were "IF" not "When" seems right.
I believe that there are a number of them here, yes. That number IMHO is small. That really makes no difference however as pointed out before, a few is all it takes.

No matter how you look at it, wiehter mexican or OTM, our borders suck and they need to be sealed up, period.

CH
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:44:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By KBL:
With all the money that the Saudi's have been throwing around to appease the Islamo-terrorists and the money and manpower the Iranians have to contribute, this is certainly a real possibility. They could be buying up convience stores to use as fronts for their infiltrators. The Pakistanis already have that market well established, and there are plenty of them who are in lock step with the Al Quida types. What better place for them to hide? In plain sight, selling beer and Lotto tickets while their accomplices live in the back of the store. Just biding their time until they get their wake up phone call.

I read something similar about Chinese restaurants being fronts for the PLA and all the MAK90s and NHM91s and 7.62X39 ammo they imported was a means of arming a 5th column. The only flaw in this plan were all the Americans that they armed in the process. I have a bunch of Norinco Steel Core hoarded away for my SHTF stash.
I wouldn't be surprised if alot of this stuff turns out to have a basis in fact. Our society is structured in such a way to make it plausible.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:44:50 AM EST
Speaking of the welfare bums - What if the Radicals make friends within the Black Muslim community, who in turn inflame the street gangs to attack nearby middle class areas ?

The racial overtones would paralyze the PC politicians, they'd order the police to stand down (ala the Rodney King Riots).

Meanwhile, we still have the rumors of Chechen/Muslim snipers being sent over here.

2005 is gonna be a bad year.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:46:46 AM EST
Isn't the Tombstone Tumbleweed associated with Ranch Rescue?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:53:31 AM EST
the difference is US civilians will fight back... and wont mind politics of "dont blow up that mosque"
so let em hole up in the religious spots... they will recieve a warm welcome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:08:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By CKMorley:
Speaking of the welfare bums - What if the Radicals make friends within the Black Muslim community, who in turn inflame the street gangs to attack nearby middle class areas ?

The racial overtones would paralyze the PC politicians, they'd order the police to stand down (ala the Rodney King Riots).

I'm not so sure that the Islamo-terrorists would be that willing to dumb down their movement like that. Letting that kind of street scum into their ranks would surely be their undoing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:12:36 AM EST
There is a reason my local border agents are working seven 12 hours shifts. Have been for two weeks now......
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:22:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
There is a reason my local border agents are working seven 12 hours shifts. Have been for two weeks now......

Temporary? Looking for the bulletin bunch?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:25:54 AM EST
keep in mind whats been said so far here on this post and then add the fact that about 80%of all gas stations in this country are either owned by or run by foreigners!how would you like to get up tomorrow and find out theres no gas anywhere in this country!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:28:29 AM EST
YES, they're called DEMOCRATS, and they've GOT to GO!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:30:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By CKMorley:

Meanwhile, we still have the rumors of Chechen/Muslim snipers being sent over here.

2005 is gonna be a bad year.

CKMorley

Any updates on the red above?

I was at a local mall this weekend and a blonde woman (not unattractive) wearing a tight "Mecca" T-Shirt was with her guy friend (largish guy with darker hair) speaking a language I did not understand. It didn't make the Spidey sense tingle very badly or anything, but it brought the whole Chechen thing back to the front of my brain. See also: The Russian airliners going down and the possibility that it was Chechens...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:34:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 10:34:37 AM EST by Leisure_Shoot]
I am fully prepared to do whatever it takes when the time comes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:37:59 AM EST

keep in mind whats been said so far here on this post and then add the fact that about 80%of all gas stations in this country are either owned by or run by foreigners!how would you like to get up tomorrow and find out theres no gas anywhere in this country!!!!!

I have read some reports that the next attack would come against financial targets....but I'm wonder what kind of impact it would make on the US if all these folks simultaneously blew up there own gas stations. No major casulties...but no fuel left either...think about it...80%, even 50% of the gas stations you see....gone.

Still, I think I would take inconvenience over mass killing any day of the week.
Yep, the next 1000 days might get pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:42:14 AM EST
Gas stations??? Haven't any of you people stayed in a hotel lately? Is there such a thing as an American owned hotel anymore?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:43:28 AM EST
I haven't read anything new about the Chechen sniper rumor.

RE: The Welfare Bums: The Muslim Radicals don't have to invite the Gangs into their movement. They could insert a few dozen Agent Provocateurs and use the gangs as ignorant cannon fodder or diversions. A riot or rash of gang attacks could be timed to coincide with terrorist attacks elsewhere. Most of the PD is sent to quell a riot, meanwhile the real terrorists will have an easier time launching their attacks.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:56:11 AM EST
Calling Chuck Noris!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:57:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 11:03:20 AM EST by Dave_A]
No, there will be no 'terrorist invasion', no 'hostile army' sneaking across the border, and no firearms combat in the USA between Terrorists & the 'good guys'...

Just remember AQ's MO...

They do not do half the stuff you're thinking they will...

AQ fixates on a single large institutional target (embassy, USN ship, WTC, etc), blows it up, and runs (or dies trying)...

They don't shoot up shopping malls, do individual suicide bombings, mess with street gangs, etc... Too 'petty ante'...

Not to say another group won't but the 'Big Guys' seem to have a thing for 'big booms'...

Oh, and the Chechens, for the MOST PART, like the Palis & Israel, confine their little war to Russia. Some go off the deep end & join AQ, but most are content to fight their own war & leave us be...

AQ will continue to operate on the same small-team sabotage system they allways have... Coordinating anything 'bigger' creates security risks & innefficiencies... The question is not 'how will they attack next' -> the type of attack will allways be a large bomb. The question is delivery method/construction of the bomb, the time, and the target.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:58:02 AM EST
i will do my target practice at 1/2 mile +, when it starts
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:04:50 AM EST
I think it could happen with a variety of scenarios; however, if it was a big, widespread and concerted attack it would probably lead to fierce, furious and devastating anti-muslim reprisals. Muslims in this country have already been under attack for 911 in spite of the Gubmint message that alll Muslims arent bad. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:26:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 12:29:21 PM EST by Cape_hunter]

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
No, there will be no 'terrorist invasion', no 'hostile army' sneaking across the border, and no firearms combat in the USA between Terrorists & the 'good guys'...

Just remember AQ's MO...

AQ fixates on a single large institutional target (embassy, USN ship, WTC, etc), blows it up, and runs (or dies trying)...

They don't shoot up shopping malls, do individual suicide bombings, mess with street gangs, etc... Too 'petty ante'...

Not to say another group won't but the 'Big Guys' seem to have a thing for 'big booms'...

Oh, and the Chechens, for the MOST PART, like the Palis & Israel, confine their little war to Russia. Some go off the deep end & join AQ, but most are content to fight their own war & leave us be...

AQ will continue to operate on the same small-team sabotage system they allways have... Coordinating anything 'bigger' creates security risks & innefficiencies... The question is not 'how will they attack next' -> the type of attack will allways be a large bomb. The question is delivery method/construction of the bomb, the time, and the target.

I disagree there Dave. The reason that terrorism is so hard to fight is that it is unpredicable. Not sure what makes you think you have the ability to say that AQ "WILL" do anything a certain way.

At some point the tactics will likely change to adapt to the situation provided by our security. Hence the airplane attacks on 9/11 (not bombs).

IMHO the size of attack will not be as much of an issue as what type of attack.

I think that are capable of both large and or numerous small scale attacks(Which I beleive would do greater damage), so nothing will surprise me.

CH
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:31:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 12:31:31 PM EST by Cape_hunter]
Dave, one more thing. I agree that there will not be shoot outs in the street, but I do believe there are terrorist here in the us that have come accross the US/Mex border.

CH
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:33:25 PM EST
I'll give you a scary scenario,

The Tangos hooking up with the MeCHa/Aztlan crowd to start their little guerilla war.

THAT would be a nightmare.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:29:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Just remember AQ's MO...

Dave, you need to go over to Dearborn or Dearborn Heights. You'll change your mind.

I don't doubt for one second that the Muslim community could or will attack us at some point. It may come in 20 years from now, but it's coming. They are patient and will attack us at their choosing. They are just waiting for their prep time to be over with, just like they are doing in England. Dave, have you ever heard their leaders speak in Chicago? or New York? or London? They speak openly about taking over our countries by FORCE!

How they'll try to take us over from within:

1) Increase their population to a point where they can actually make their efforts stick. They'll "use" American converted muslims, by taking their money for their own preparations.

2) Once they have the "fanatic" population base and their preparations are close to being or are actually done, they'll start trying to take over the local governments by getting voted in by their population base. Just like they are doing in Dearborn.

3) Once they have local governmental control, they'll exert their control on the State and Federal levels. The first time they are not appeased, they'll start with the attacks to take over control by force.

All this time, there will be other attacks, like 9/11 and the local Muslims will be increasing their preps by taking handouts, making money (legally or illegally) and increasing their wealth by taking charitible contributions.

When they have a strangle hold over a community, you better watch out, cause they won't comprimise and they WILL take control if you let them.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:07:29 AM EST
I have always thought that they would not mass as an army, but would conduct pin point attacks on the inferstructure (natural gas pipelines, power plants, LPG tanks etc). And that most of them would perform the same job as the SF (Green Beret) recruit, train and lead local forces against us.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:50:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:

I like AZ. Nice place. Just too dry for me.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:21:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Originally Posted By gamesniper:

I like AZ. Nice place. Just too dry for me.

Ben

They probably would just scoot thru AZ, as they would figure there are too many armed people here. They would probably head over to Kalifornia where most folks are defenseless.
Top Top