Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 8:45:21 PM EDT
Some people said that the fast food franchise Wendy's financially supports Sarah Brady and gun control groups, but I have found no evidence of this.  Anyone have any evidence?  If there isn't any then tonight I'm gonna order a big bacon classic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I checked everywhere that I could think of earlier today.  Nothing on the NRA-ILA's "blacklist" for Wendy's Int'l nor it's parent corp. either.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares?

I'm buying a hamburger from them not a rifle!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What does Mcdonalds do?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
sgr, while you're buying your hamburger,(assuming they are anti-gun) they're contributing to some lawyers or organizations to strip you of your rights--part of that is with your money.  Just my two cents
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What would Tommy say?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who cares?

SGatr15

+1

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sgr, while you're buying your hamburger,(assuming they are anti-gun) they're contributing to some lawyers or organizations to strip you of your rights--part of that is with your money.  Just my two cents

I understand that.

Now lets look at the rest of the list of the company we should boycott because they are anti-gun or anti-american

Levi's
Wal*Mart
Toyota
Colt
Ruger
S&W
Ben&Jerries
StarBucks
Honda
Ford (they make cars in Mexico)

and so on and so on and so on.

If I boycotted ever anti-gun company and anti-american company I would stare to death while freezing from being naked walking outside on my way to the store!

My only chance at survival would be to steal a shopping cart!

And then Adam_White would have me arrested for littering!

Who wants that???

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that.

Now lets look at the rest of the list of the company we should boycott because they are anti-gun or anti-american

Levi's
Wal*Mart
Toyota
Colt
Ruger
S&W
Ben&Jerries
StarBucks
Honda

If I boycotted ever anti-gun company and anti-american company I would stare to death while freezing from being naked walking outside on my way to the store!

Who wants that???

SGatr15

I hate to say it, but he's right.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Doesnt GM have a plant in Mexico?

My F150 and my Crown Vic were both built in Canada. At least they were built on the North American continent.

Hell, the big Japanese pickups are made in the U.S.

Do we really have a choice anymore?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
not sure

but i bet the workers are
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that.

Levi's
Wal*Mart
Toyota
Colt
Ruger
S&W
Ben&Jerries
StarBucks
Honda

Who wants that???

SGatr15

You should also stop watching tv because I bet either somone you are seeing on the tv is anti gun.. OR at least one of the resistors in the TV was made by somone who is anti gun OR the company that made and/or shipped the resistor might have been anti gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should also stop watching tv because I bet either somone you are seeing on the tv is anti gun.. OR at least one of the resistors in the TV was made by somone who is anti gun OR the company that made and/or shipped the resistor might have been anti gun.

No, you should stop watching TV because your brain is more active when you are sleeping than it is while you are watching TV.  But I digress....

or because 99% of the crap on tv.. sucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you should stop watching TV because your brain is more active when you are sleeping than it is while you are watching TV.  But I digress....

or because 99% of the crap on tv.. sucks.

TV is my friend.. it accepts me for the person I am, as long as I pay the electrical and cable bill...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:47:37 AM EDT
[#16]
psst, last time I checked Mexico was in North America.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:55:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:08:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If they don't actually have a plant, they probably import parts made at a plant there.
FWIW Chrysler has plants in Mexico too.
Cars sold in the US are mostly built on the continent, it's cheaper than importing them.
Many of the Euro car companies are moving production to the US because it's cheaper.
When you decide to buy American, look to see what's really American. The Nissan you won't buy because it's a Jap car might be more American than the Ford you want.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Who cares?

SGatr15

+1 Wendy's iz tha shiznitz!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:26:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that.

Levi's
Wal*Mart
Toyota
Colt
Ruger
S&W
Ben&Jerries
StarBucks
Honda

Who wants that???

SGatr15

And even if your TV is safe you should probably move out of your home that almost certainly had at least ONE card carrying union member build it...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My F150 and my Crown Vic were both built in Canada. At least they were built on the North American continent.

Hell, the big Japanese pickups are made in the U.S.

Do we really have a choice anymore?

Ummmm Mexico is in North America
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top