Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 1:35:42 AM EDT
in 308, specifically. ( e.g. no hi-caps for either)

Roughly 300 vs. roughly 600
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It's kinda like comparing a Chevy Lumina to a Cadillac sedan. Both will get you there and back, but the Caddy will do it in more comfort and style. Only you can decide if that extra level of attention to detail matters to you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not in my opinion.  It would be chump change to convert the Saiga over, and no where near $300.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in my opinion.  It would be chump change to convert the Saiga over, and no where near $300.  

What are the differences?? Specifically, what would it take to make the Saiga a Vepr level weapon?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Saiga 7.62X39 that I got in a trade(even up) for a Savage 22-250. I got it from a friend who had helped me do some work on my house so that is why I took the loss. I have fired it very little but it seems to be OK. I am not an AK man but I think I would buy the VEPR before converting any Saiga of any caliber.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a Dremel and a couple of screwdrivers, you can have a PG Saiga with a scope for the price (or less) of a Vepr.

That has to make you

Saiga .308               $300
G2 FCG (EE)              $30
Saw grip (EE)              $18
Tapco stock (EE)       $45
Pistol grip nut + screw $8
(1) bolt + nut for
 trigger guard               $1
--------------------------
Total                         $402

Russian PSOP Scope: $100-$200

Of course, you can go up from there by substituting an RSA FCG, using different stocks, or adding an RSA FCG Retainer Plate.  

As to what has to be done, check here.
And it is actually easier than that because all of the necessary holes exist, the orig fcg uses the orig fcg pins, and teh bullet guide is unecessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top