Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 11:14:22 PM EDT
[size=4]Pakistani linked to anthrax mailbox[/size=4]
[i]MICHAEL BEACH in New York, 21oct01[/i]

AMERICAN investigators are hunting a Pakistani man, [b]who overstayed his visa[/b], so they can question him about two anthrax-laced letters.

The manhunt started after investigators homed in on a mailbox believed to have been used by bioterrorists to send the two letters.
Investigators made the breakthrough after a mail carrier in Ewing, New Jersey, came down with the disease.

Two anthrax-infected letters – one sent to NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw, the other to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle – were postmarked at a regional mail centre that serves the Ewing area.

Another employee at the centre has developed skin anthrax.

A swarm of FBI agents descended on Ewing, west of New York, yesterday to door-knock the woman's mail route and check post office security videos.

A source said investigations centred on a Pakistani man, who had left the area since the letters were sent.

Anthrax has struck a fourth US media company, with a New York Post employee confirmed as the eighth person testing positive to the disease.

It is believed Joanna Huden, 32, became infected with cutaneous, or skin, anthrax after opening a letter addressed to the editor.

Initial tests proved negative but Ms Huden was prescribed the anthrax antibiotic Cipro as a precaution. A blood test yesterday proved positive.

Editor Col Allan said Ms Huden had returned to work and other employees were in no danger.

See story at:[url] http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,3088733%255E401,00.html[/url]

*Note - I highlighted the part about Pakistani man 'overstaying his visa' just to call your attention to the fact that that crap has got to stop! Like Now! Let's hire 1,000,000 new INS agents, if that's what it takes!

Eric The(AreYouWithMe,Boyos?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
here ya go. taught it was fake untill i realized the link was off.[url]www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,3088733%255E401,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let's hire 1,000,000 new INS agents, if that's what it takes!
Eric The(AreYouWithMe,Boyos?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No,No,No.

A much more effective solution would be to put out a $50,000 bounty on these people.  Allow the real citizens to hunt them down and bring them in.  If we are real lucky, they will fight back.

Oh, did I forget to mention, Dead or Alive?[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/ed/umpf.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Refer to my thread for solution:
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63021[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top