Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]

County by county, you can see the effects of population centers.  TX SW border is covered with people who vote based on skin color (though there are many, many, many conservative Americans of Mexican heritage, too), but there are handouts in those poor areas, too.

Look for handout counties and you see blue.  And big cities, big city thinking, and third-world areas where handouts have crushed entire Peoples under the loving hand of government; or subsidies of one sort or another.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes they will, if this country lasts that long. Because they are infected. The whole country is.

I'm not so sure. I spent a few months down there this year and the general attitude is nothing like it is here.  

But I've heard the concern and want to know where it comes from.

The city's man. The whole state doesn't have to be infected, just the large population centers and then its over.

Just like here in PA. We cant overcome PHL and PGH
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to hear Senator Dan Patrick talk a few weeks ago and he said that over 1,200 people are moving to Texas everyday. Most are coming for jobs, but will being their political ideals with them... That's where the problem is.
Working in the energy business I was surprised (appalled) when a few of my coworkers said they voted for 0 or the ones who said eh it does not matter Texas will do red... I know it was stated earlier, but Harris Co. went blue by two votes...
Most of these people might have voted on race lines, but some voted for their liberal rights and the rape comments that come out from other republicans really cause concern. Hope we have a job soon.. It takes big money to make money in the oil and gas business and margins are whats dominating company talks.. Shale oil and gas have low margins so more taxing cuts margins that sometimes you cannot pass to the consumer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the next 10-20 years, will Texas become a swing state?

If so, why?

And if not, why not?

Chicanos, Latinos, are taking over.  Texas government is inviting them in by the droves to fuel their "high productivity".

FSA and FSU will ascend to boot out the current politicians by sheer numbers alone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
When it comes down to it, conservative voters in pure blue states (CA, NY, NJ, IL, and others) need to flee those states and move to some swing states (VA, FL, OH, and NC) to shore up the vote.  Realistically, those blue states are lost.  Staying only keeps their population numbers up which allows them to get more electoral votes.  If every conservative left CA and moved to another state, how many electoral votes and House seats would CA lose?  I know this seems drastic, but this seems to be the only way conservatives will be able to win elections in the future without compromising their principles (i.e., giving away more free shit than the liberals).

Edit:  Think about this, the Democrats have an inherent advantage during presidential elections based on electoral votes.  CA, NY, IL, PA, MA, and NJ basically give the democrats 150 of the 270 votes automatically.  Add in the rest of the northeast and WA/OR and that puts the Dems a little over 200.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes they will, if this country lasts that long. Because they are infected. The whole country is.

I'm not so sure. I spent a few months down there this year and the general attitude is nothing like it is here.  

But I've heard the concern and want to know where it comes from.

The city's man. The whole state doesn't have to be infected, just the large population centers and then its over.

Just like here in PA. We cant overcome PHL and PGH

Yep. After the disaster in this past state election with dems getting al the top spots, I think the writing is on the wall that Corbet is out next election and PA will forever be a blue state.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top