Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
But just for one heat cycle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep,its purple,about the best!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, but not as purple as you think. It's has a purple tint to it.

good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But just for one heat cycle.

How so? What color does it change to?

This matters, I think I had a dealer screw me.  I gave them 6 quarts of RP and when I got my truck back there was regular tinted oil.  I just had driven it home about 4 miles.

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know how long it takes or if there is some difference in how the regular synthetic and the twice as expensive Racing oil reacts.  I'm changing the RP Racing in my Z06 this week and will see how long it takes to turn amber.  Doesn't take long.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't know how long it takes or if there is some difference in how the regular synthetic and the twice as expensive Racing oil reacts.  I'm changing the RP Racing in my Z06 this week and will see how long it takes to turn amber.  Doesn't take long.

please do, I may have to write Dealership an apology letter and refund them some money.

I accused the tech of stealing my oil and my K&N air filter (he did steal the filter).  If I was wrong about the oil I'll return the money they refunded me and apologize for the oil accusation.

Thanks,
bd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top