Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 2:30:33 PM EDT
Has anyone had any problems with Imageshack.us deleting pictures of harvested animals from hunting trips?  The pictures I had on there of my deer and some incredibly close-up pics of the wound (so close you'd have to know what you were looking at to recognize it) go missing.  There is nothing in the ToS stating that such things are not allowed, and the pics of my guns are just fine (I guess that's the important thing, eh?).

I've emailed them, and am waiting on more than their automated response.

Here's what I wrote:
I am emailing in regard to some missing images.  I have several images on your site, and have had no problem with linking or viewing any of them until recently.  However, I have noticed that 5 of my images are no longer viewable.  They are pictures I took of my first successful deer hunt:

<urls to the images.  all y'all arfcommers don't need those>

Why is it that these are the only images of mine that are missing?  Were they deleted?  I could find nothing in the ToS stating that pictures of hunting/guns/harvested animals, or anything of the sort, are against the rules.

If they were deleted, why was I not notified that they were against the ToS?  I would have removed them myself if you had asked me to.

I await your response.

respectfully,
loonybin
(names have been changed to protect the... oh, whatever)

future developments will be posted.

PS.  I am not trying to slam Imageshack.us or anything of the sort.  I'm just curious if what has happened to me is a fluke overly sensitive employee getting offended, an accident, or is it policy.  I don't know, so I'm checking here.  No need to start boycotting Imageshack (I've seen the mob mentality on here on occassion).
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tinypic.com is like a bazillion times better free image host...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
wow.  I guess no one uses them...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They delete unused images form time to time. I use them all the time, never had a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top