Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:59:13 PM EST
i thought he was killed by another inmate?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:00:11 PM EST
He's alive.....unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:01:21 PM EST
He's alive.

Jeffrey Dahmer was killed by another inmate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:02:28 PM EST
Not mentally. Not for a long time if ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:02:52 PM EST
ok. neeeeevermind, then.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:08:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By lokt:

Nope, he even frequents here under the screen name of "tcsd1236".

<­BR>

Sorry, tcsd1236, it was just too tempting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:09:43 PM EST
Yea! I saw him in the news recently. He was denied parol, wonder why? He's been in long enough to be reformed..........Right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:43:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Firepower:
Yea! I saw him in the news recently. He was denied parol, wonder why? He's been in long enough to be reformed..........Right?

Hey man, Manson never actually killed anybody...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:14 PM EST
hold on, lemme call my uncle................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................
yep, still alive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:31:04 PM EST
CHARLIE DON'T SURF!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:31:59 PM EST
Yeah, he's in San Quentin. He had to have been ass-raped multiple times by now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:33:58 PM EST
It ain't rape if he's willing. Sick fuck probably is.

I thought for sure he'd been killed by another inmate like 20 years ago. apparently, it was dahmer i was thinking of about a decade ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:36:32 PM EST
I recall reading a few years ago that someone tried to kill him by throwing some sort of fire bomb into his cell. He's still alive, though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:39:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 5:40:20 PM EST by A_G]

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Yeah, he's in San Quentin. He had to have been ass-raped multiple times by now.

One would hope.

Yeah, carve a swastika between your eyes and then go before the parole board.

ETA, yes I know your comment was a joke Firepower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 5:22:39 AM EST by tcsd1236]

Originally Posted By lippo:
Originally Posted By lokt:
Nope, he even frequents here under the screen name of "tcsd1236".

Uh, not even close. Try again.

<­BR>

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:31:05 PM EST

It could have been that thing where he threatened the whole parole board with death if he was ever released.

Or not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:38:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoppy:

It could have been that thing where he threatened the whole parole board with death if he was ever released.

Or not.

I wonder why they even bother.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:49:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jeepster:
I recall reading a few years ago that someone tried to kill him by throwing some sort of fire bomb into his cell. He's still alive, though.

They're not very smart then... Everyone knows fire won't harm a spawn of Satan. They should've threw a holy-water bomb in there!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:55:25 PM EST
Charlie ALIVE?

*LMFAO* If you want to call him "alive"..

Although I have it on credible sources that if it were up to some correctional officers, Charlie would be served boiled rats 3 times a day.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:56:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By WizardOfAhs:
Charlie ALIVE?

*LMFAO* If you want to call him "alive"..

Although I have it on credible sources that if it were up to some correctional officers, Charlie would be served boiled rats 3 times a day.

And a Fishead on Tuesdays!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:19:26 PM EST
Kalifornicationstan law.

http://www.corr.ca.gov/communicationsoffice/CapitalPunishment/history_of_capital.asp

California Death Penalty
Legal Challenges and Changes

For 25 years after 1967, there were no executions in California due to various State and United States Supreme Court decisions.

In 1972 the California Supreme Court found that the death penalty constituted cruel and unusual punishment under the state constitution. As a result, 107 individuals had their sentences changed to other than death. In November 1972, nine months after the decision, the California electorate amended the state constitution and overruled the State Supreme Court.

In 1973 the United States Supreme Court held that the death penalty was unconstitutional as it was being administered at that time in a number of states.

California legislation was passed in 1973 which made the death penalty mandatory in certain cases under certain conditions. Among these were kidnapping if the victim dies, train wrecking if any person dies, assault by a life prisoner if the victim dies within a year, treason against the state, and first degree murder under specific conditions (for hire, of a peace officer, of a witness to prevent testimony, if committed during a robbery or burglary, if committed during course of a rape by force, if committed during performance of lewd and lascivious acts upon children, by persons previously convicted of murder).

In late 1976, the California Supreme Court, basing its decision on a United States Supreme Court ruling earlier that year, held that the California death penalty statute was unconstitutional under the Federal Constitution because it did not allow the defendant to present any evidence in mitigation. Following this ruling, 70 inmates had their sentences changed to other than death.

Capital Punishment Reinstated

The California State Legislature re-enacted the death penalty statute in 1977. Under the new statute, evidence in mitigation was permitted.

The death penalty was reinstated as a possible punishment for first degree murder under certain conditions. These "special circumstances" include: murder for financial gain, murder by a person previously convicted of murder, murder of multiple victims, murder with torture, murder of a peace officer, murder of a witness to prevent testimony and several other murders under particular circumstances.

In 1977, the Penal Code also was revised to include the sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. At that time, the punishment for kidnapping for ransom, extortion, or robbery was changed from death to life without parole. Treason, train derailing or wrecking and securing the death of an innocent person through perjury became punishable by death or life imprisonment without parole.

Proposition 7, on the California ballot in November 1978, superseded the 1977 statutes and is the death penalty statute under which California currently operates.

Under state law, cases in which the death penalty has been decreed are automatically reviewed by the State Supreme Court. The Supreme Court may:

Affirm the conviction and the death sentence;
Affirm the conviction but reverse the death sentence (which results in a retrial of the penalty phase only); or
Reverse the conviction (which results in a complete new trial).
Even if the California Supreme Court affirms the death sentence, the inmate can initiate appeals on separate constitutional issues. Called "writs of habeas corpus," these appeals may be heard in both state and federal courts.

Although the death penalty was reinstated in 1978, no executions were carried out in California until April 1992 when Robert Alton Harris was put to death in the San Quentin gas chamber. This was the first execution in more than 25 years.

Charles Manson was convicted of murder on January 26, 1971.

Various death sentences were overturned by the US Supreme Court's 1972 ruling against Capital Punishment, and all of the family are now technically eligible for parole.

As for the family patriarch, commutation of his death sentence launched Manson on a seemingly endless tour of the California prison system - from San Quentin to Vacaville, on to Folsom, back to San Quentin, and so on.

Wherever he went, the pattern was identical: conflicts with authority and other inmates, various beatings and murder attempts (to date, he has been poisoned, set on fire, and badly beaten several times), half-hearted hunger strikes, and raving television interviews.

In March 1974, Manson was diagnosed as an acute psychotic; two months later he assaulted a guard; two months after that, he was caught passing notes about a planned escape attempt.

The Aryan Brotherhood, once Manson's de facto bodyguard, soon turned against him, one member sexually assaulting him at San Quentin, others beating him up at Folsom, another team slipping rat poison into his favorite soft drink.

Still, there were rumors of Charlie orchestrating payback: one of his AB tormentors was stabbed to death at Folsom, while another was shotgunned by the proverbial persons unknown, shortly after his parole.

Both crimes were probably related to the Brotherhood's traffic in drugs or continual feuding with blacks, but Manson was pleased to take credit for the murders with a wink and a grin.

While eligible for parole since 1972, no convicted family killer has yet been released.

As for Manson Himself, his yearly parole hearings - those he deigns to attend - have been converted into a theater of the grotesque, with Manson rambling incoherently, sometimes for hours on end, on topics ranging from the Brazilian rain forest to his frame-up by an unjust society.

Sometimes he doesn't show at all: in 1979, for example, he passed on the hearing and sent the parole board a Get Out of Jail Free card from his Monopoly set.

And there is always more trouble waiting for Manson, wherever he goes.  In August 1997, he was sentenced to serve seven months at California's super-max Pelican Bay State Prison, after he was convicted of selling drugs to other inmates.

He completed that sentence in June 1998 and was transferred to yet another lockup.

Also in that year, Manson had a parole hearing that was videotaped and broadcast by Court-TV.  He was of course denied.

Seven months later he was put in the hole, where he served two months, and was charged with illegal business dealings. During the following eight months he was placed on restricted status and had visits and phone calls curtailed.

Since then Manson has continuously gone between the hole and the protective housing unit.

Manson's most recent and 10th parole hearing was on April 24, 2002. He refused to attend.

It is believed that he did not attend because he did not want to be seen in shackles but the prison would not allow him to go without handcuffs.

His parole was again denied.
The next hearing will be in 2007.

Until then he will remain in prison which is where his headline-grabbing antics will undoubtedly continue.

Originally Posted By Taxman:
I wonder why they even bother.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:25:19 PM EST
actually i think charlie is in another prison, not san quentin or pelican bay, i think its folsom last i heard anyway.

hes also in protective custody which means he doesnt have any contact with other prisoners, so he prolly hasnt been raped much since he got arrested for the '69 killings. the more controversial he is and the more he pisses people off by using racial slurs the more hes going to be protected.
if he went into general pop. he would be killed real quick.

charlie is always an entertaining guy
Top Top