Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 9:29:34 AM EDT
I don't have any figures but it seems to me that it must be; after all, we have far more topics to discuss than any other genera of firearm...

Just think about it: the AR platform is currently the most proven, most refined, most used military weapon that is also available to civillians. New components and accessories are continually being developed for the AR (and cannot it be said that we here are at least partly driving this phenomena); can that be said about any other gun?

In the modern world the AK just doesn't cut it...can't mount rails securely, limited barrel options, etc...And no other rifle is even close in terms of users. HK, AUG, all those others, are just non-viable, because the AR has the momentum, and is perfect for the M. Edwards Demming strategy of continuous improvement.

So what else is out there?

Hunting? Lots of hunters, yeah, but what do they have to talk about? Gutpiles and the .270 vs. the 30-06? The one that got away? Those people mostly buy guns stock and never change anything. They see things As They Are, while we here see things and say It Could Be Better, and My Accessory Is Better Than Yours.

What's left? "Snipers" or match shooters? Okay there might be something there, but they are overspecialized, like Praying Mantisses. The AR can be a precision weapon, or it can be a Kugelspritzer. And, I'll bet there a lot of posers on sniper boards, continually lying about group size...

Whats left? Cowboy action shooters? Meh. Reloaders? Booor-ing...Airsoft/Paintball? Ack!

If we have power, we should use it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
This is BY FAR the largest firearms related web site.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Firearms?
No.

Bullshitting around the camp fire?
Yes.

Forum breakdown:

Deneral Discussion:  99.9%
Everything else:  .01%

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Firearms?
No.

Bullshitting around the camp fire?
Yes.

Forum breakdown:

Deneral Discussion:  99.9%
Everything else:  .01%

wait!

there are other forums in arfcom???
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Only getting larger everyday
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't have any figures but it seems to me that it must be; after all, we have far more topics to discuss than any other genera of firearm...

Just think about it: the AR platform is currently the most proven, most refined, most used military weapon that is also available to civillians. New components and accessories are continually being developed for the AR (and cannot it be said that we here are at least partly driving this phenomena); can that be said about any other gun?

In the modern world the AK just doesn't cut it...can't mount rails securely, limited barrel options, etc...And no other rifle is even close in terms of users. HK, AUG, all those others, are just non-viable, because the AR has the momentum, and is perfect for the M. Edwards Demming strategy of continuous improvement.

Hunting? Lots of hunters, yeah, but what do they have to talk about? Gutpiles and the .270 vs. the 30-06? The one that got away? Those people mostly buy guns stock and never change anything. They see things As They Are, while we here see things and say It Could Be Better, and My Accessory Is Better Than Yours.

What's left? "Snipers" or match shooters? Okay there might be something there, but they are overspecialized, like Praying Mantisses. The AR can be a precision weapon, or it can be a Kugelspritzer. And, I'll bet there a lot of posers on sniper boards, continually lying about group size...

Whats left? Cowboy action shooters? Meh. Reloaders? Booor-ing...Airsoft/Paintball? Ack!

Nice job knocking the rest of the shooting community.
Arfcom just uses the AR15 as it's name sake.
Ever notice the AK47 forums?
The mil-surp forums?
The reloading forums?
We are all in this together.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#6]
i do have to argue one point though:  i would bet the sks is more widespread (i.e. more people own) than any other military arm.

no stats to back this up but it's my gut feeling.  hmm, maybe we should ask the ATF to look in their secret, illegal database.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TWO problems with that...

1. More trolls
2. Lessens my chances of winning giveaways!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe you should actually explore the site first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice job knocking the rest of the shooting community.
Arfcom just uses the AR15 as it's name sake.
Ever notice the AK47 forums?
The mil-surp forums?
The reloading forums?
We are all in this together.

That IS the spirit of ARFCOM, ain't it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
and if you become a member you can look at the all nude thread in the team member forum!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
ok I'll buy a membership!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
and if you become a member you can look at the all nude thread in the team member forum!!

After the first couple pics, I got bored of seeing Goatboy, TRG, and 1GR naked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
changed my mind...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TWO problems with that...

1. More trolls
2. Lessens my chances of winning giveaways!

Big +1 on that
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but the "Ladies Of ARFCOM" thread playing nude Twister more than made up for that...!

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]
always the team members fishing form people to sign up...............

Last tiem I thinkit was the promise of topless pics by soedm of our female members in the team forum
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but the "Ladies Of ARFCOM" thread playing nude Twister more than made up for that...!

I'm sorry, but just because Goatboy, TRG, and 1GR are wearing dresses, you can't call them ladies
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but just because Goatboy, TRG, and 1GR are wearing dresses, you can't call them ladies

Almost forgot about Tequilabob
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, there was that one with Miss Magnum squeezing that guy's nipple...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But they did such a good job hiding the twigs & berries...

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well, there was that one with Miss Magnum squeezing that guy's nipple...

Do we know you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top