Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:20:34 AM EDT
Just seems like a lot of locked threads and even ban hammers lately.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
New York based business correct?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
there's a shit load of obama/big.gov trolls as well
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

this

There is a difference between being PC or just being tasteful.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Take it from me, this place used to be a LOT more wild and opinionated.

Like almost everything in life as its grown and gotten bigger, more and more rules have been applied.

I don't like it much and often chafe over it, but there's a fine line between a manageable on-line community and anarchy.  I can sympathize with everyone who has a hand in running this asylum trying to find that balance, even though I don't always agree with it.

Bottom line, we're guests here.  I've voluntarily walked away twice, the longest being 28 months when I've gotten too wrapped up in this place.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:28:36 AM EDT
[#6]
It hasn't turned into Thehighroad/thefiringline..................yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Owners of site get to draw the line. That's just the way it is. Parents of teenagers get the same behavioral line crossing issues too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Old news, it started years ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

ARFCOM is simply trying to survive with its dignity and NOT get labeled as just another 88//hate mongering website.

Stop and think about it a minute. It doesn't take a whole lot to get labeled as such.

Ed and Goatboy have a lotinvested here and they do not want to lose it because of the ranting and raving of some idioot 88.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It hasn't turned into Thehighroad/thefiringline..................yet.

The original TFL was my home before Arf.  When it closed I moved to THR but just couldn't handle the degree of "lets pretend" that Oleg insisted upon.

I admire him for his work and what he's done for gun owners, but I'm 52 years old and having to dial things back to a level that wouldn't offend a room full of Kindergartners isn't something I'm willing to do for the sake of an on-line forum.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

ARFCOM is simply trying to survive with its dignity and NOT get labeled as just another 88//hate mongering website.

Stop and think about it a minute. It doesn't take a whole lot to get labeled as such.

Ed and Goatboy have a lotinvested here and they do not want to lose it because of the ranting and raving of some idioot 88.

Arfcom grew from a typical fan oriented site to a commercial enterprise. In doing so this sort of change was inevitable.
I don't like it but I understand why and respect that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I can understand the points made by the above posters, and you are correct we are guests here and the owners make the rules. Im just a bit torn between political correctness and just an opinion. I realize the mods have a tough job. Im just wondering what the hive thinks.                                              On another note I must say that I have learned a great deal from this site and I have had some pretty good laughs (mostly at my expense) I just hate to see people getting banned although Im sure most of them asked for it. It just makes me nervous since I have gotten my share of warnings some I deserved others I dont think I did but Im going to stay out of the fray and just read and contribute the little I know. I hope this site doesnt over board thats all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

We are already labeled as a fringe by many for the simple fact of our interests in the 2nd Amendment. So in all truths of the matter, who the hell cares what others think.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

this
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

this

+1

The problem is that many people who can't function in society use this place as a refuge to release their "Falling Down" tirades. When staff tries to moderate it, they feel like there's nowhere for them to go and throw hissy fits.

Letting posters go on with their BS creates a lot of exposure for the site if some poster goes postal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#16]
AR15.com is privately owned and operated, if anyone doesn't like the way that business is run just hit the back-button on your browser surf right back onto the WWW.

Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Not really.

You can still say pretty much anything, as long as you use a little tact.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I can understand the points made by the above posters, and you are correct we are guests here and the owners make the rules. Im just a bit torn between political correctness and just an opinion. I realize the mods have a tough job. Im just wondering what the hive thinks.                                              On another note I must say that I have learned a great deal from this site and I have had some pretty good laughs (mostly at my expense) I just hate to see people getting banned although Im sure most of them asked for it. It just makes me nervous since I have gotten my share of warnings some I deserved others I dont think I did but Im going to stay out of the fray and just read and contribute the little I know. I hope this site doesnt over board thats all.

People get banned, they aren't the first, they won't be the last. Bigger fish have been fried before.

The biggest thing is, who cares?

You can say whatever you want on this site, just keep the racism and bigotry out of it. Take a few minutes, think of what you want to say, and articulate it with some thought.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
We had a post here yesterday where someone had recorded the "McUzi rant".

McUzi wouldn't have lasted here a week now days.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]
What is an idiot 88 ? Yes this is a real question.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Page 1 of GD:
- Poop thread... check
- Women are crazy thread... check
- Women are dumb thread... check
- Liberal bashing thread... check
- Ragging on welfare bums thread... check
- President is an idiot thread... check
- Bashing GOP thread... check

Answer to question: Yeah, but only a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What is an idiot 88 ? Yes this is a real question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_%28number%29#As_a_Neo-Nazi_symbol
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

We are already labeled as a fringe by many for the simple fact of our interests in the 2nd Amendment. So in all truths of the matter, who the hell cares what others think.

Right off the top of my head, I'd say the advertisers and the guys that pay the bills.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#24]
edited for a question already addressed...

I really haven't been around long enough to say how much ARF has changed.... and no way in hell could anyone pay me enough to become a mod.
I used to run several forums and the amount of "babysitting" required is much more than my temperment can stand these days.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yup.

This.  Quit complaining.  You guys are allowed to get away with a lot.  It's not like there's a shortage of bigotry on display here as it is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#26]
"Getting" too correct?

Getting?
Really?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I have nothing to fear....I'm such a quiet & well reserved guy! I'll never get so much as a warning.........

And everyone ignors what I post anyways....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#29]
This place is a business, don't like the rules - go else where.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Not really.

You can still say pretty much anything, as long as you use a little tact.

Shut up! Moran!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#31]
NO, but I have noticed, attempts at starting cliques. Little popularity polls, designed to exclude certain types, and recruit the ignorant, to increase numbers to suppress threads.

Saw this on another site, nothing but fkn Nazis now, with a single political philosophy. Deviate, and boom, persona non-grata. They tried to solicit funds for their site after I left. After my response, they no longer excepted any of my emails.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have nothing to fear....I'm such a quiet & well reserved guy! I'll never get so much as a warning.........

And everyone ignors what I post anyways....

I've never been warned but got my first mod edit yesterday.

I knew it wasn't the most tasteful comment ever, but didn't think anyone would take offense to it either.

Hey, see there I didn't ignore you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Nope, not at all.

It's pretty scary that this many people even think that with some of the threads that go on here
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.landlord-success.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Wahmbulance.jpg*

*See, that wasn't very "PC" of me, was it? Feel better?

Ha Ha Pic fail!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#37]
If you say anything that does not parrot the dominant politics here you will suffer a swift rebuke.

This place is rabidly politically correct; it's just that the politics are different.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#38]
IBTL

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha Ha Pic fail!  
Works fine here, buy a new computer

My computer costs more then you make in a month!

ETA Its made from Porcelain

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Voted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha Pic fail!  

Nope, you fail here too...  "Landlord-Success.com does not allow hotlinking"

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha Pic fail!  

Because it's in your cache, noob. Nobody else can see it because they burned you for hot-linking!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha Pic fail!  

It's still in your browser cache. The rest of us see a picture that says not to hot link their images.

You're fortunate, because when I used to do image replacements (back when bandwidth was expensive and I hated it when people used my shit), I used to replace the image with something really obscene.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't think so.

There is a difference between PC and being civil.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#45]

No.

You can be an ass.  Just don't be a dick.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Naw!!  We had 10 pages last night of F-everything PC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm sure if I owned the joint my opinion would be different.

Since I don't own this joint, I'll keep that opinion to myself.

I'm a guest here...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha Pic fail!  

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That odd because I see a picture of a woman on a phone asking for a wahmbulance to be dispatched to her location.

Ha Ha Pic fail!  

It's still in your browser cache. The rest of us see a picture that says not to hot link their images.

You're fortunate, because when I used to do image replacements (back when bandwidth was expensive and I hated it when people used my shit), I used to replace the image with something really obscene.

That odd because I see a picture of a woman on a phone asking for a wahmbulance to be dispatched to her location.

Jane

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top