Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, to see the review.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay, so those batteries are like $13 a piece or $150 a 10 pack.

That thing takes 5 and lasts how many hours minutes seconds?
View Quote

Meh. I have 18650's from way back that have close to 500 recharges on them and are still going strong.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tag for when one of you inevitably buys one of these and gets arrested for bringing down an airplane.
View Quote

Airplane? Your thinking small.
Satellites or maybe even the ISS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

650 lumens in a small room with white walls is to the point of blinding you

maybe I need one of those

some lights make noise when turned on, bet that one screams
View Quote

The Ali-Express link shows them using it inside a tent camping!

They are exaggerating the light output claims a bit. From an LED supplier, http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Cree/CREE-XM-Serie/CREE-XM-L-T6-Emitter-LT-1731_120_170.html

Minimum lumen per LED is 280 and max is 975.  With 18 LEDs that would give you a range of 5,040 to 17,550 max lumens.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

About 40 times brighter than the brightest Surefire. 100 times brighter than their pistol lights. 10 times brighter than the brights on a modern car.

Consider what I said above about reflector depth though. Lumens are only half the equation contrary to what Surefire has led the market to believe. If it doesn't make candela like a car headlight, it will only seem bright up close. Lumens would be like a shotgun (spread), and candela would be like a rifle cartridge's round (distance).

If you had a 200 lumen 50,000 candela light and a 500 lumen 15,000 candela light side by side, you would pick the 200 lumen light as being brighter as the intensity is more focused. There's a balance, and most US manufacturers disregard it and sell based solely on lumens, just like with this 20,000 lumen light.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't really know that much about flashlights. So help me out: Exactly how bright is 20,000 lumen? Give me some perspective.

About 40 times brighter than the brightest Surefire. 100 times brighter than their pistol lights. 10 times brighter than the brights on a modern car.

Consider what I said above about reflector depth though. Lumens are only half the equation contrary to what Surefire has led the market to believe. If it doesn't make candela like a car headlight, it will only seem bright up close. Lumens would be like a shotgun (spread), and candela would be like a rifle cartridge's round (distance).

If you had a 200 lumen 50,000 candela light and a 500 lumen 15,000 candela light side by side, you would pick the 200 lumen light as being brighter as the intensity is more focused. There's a balance, and most US manufacturers disregard it and sell based solely on lumens, just like with this 20,000 lumen light.

Good info easily explained!

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah want that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
How many lumens US is 20,000 Chinese lumens?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everything looks bigger when an Asian chick is holding it.
View Quote

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top