Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/26/2018 10:12:51 PM EDT
Had a VERY rare night off work and made it to the 8th grade football game. Took tons of pics with my newer D7500 and Tamron G2 70-200mm. Very happy how my new stuff is working. Is it possible to burn the 5.8gb of pics onto a disc?

This is straight out of my camera. Jpeg pic.

Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:53:30 AM EDT
Probably not. Most image file types are already compressed. JPEG for example is already compressed. You won't get them much smaller.

I'd suggest going through your pictures with a fine toothed comb and eliminate anything that is duplicated, not in focus, boring, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:01:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2018 7:10:24 AM EDT by Toddrick]
You can use Zip compression and I think even JPEGs will shrink considerably. Otherwise, consider just resizing or using a different image format to make the file sizes smaller. There are tools that can change all the files at once, like the old Microsoft Office’s Picture Manager.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:28:17 AM EDT
Zip compression usually makes .jpg files get larger. There is no compression left to squeeze out of a jpg and you have the overhead of the zip file. You're not going to save any significant space on other file formats without a reduction in data, resolution and/or image quality.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:41:05 AM EDT
After walking away frum the computer for a bit, then returning and reviewing, was amazed how many "extra" pics I had.

I chopped away and ended up with 4 pretty decent pics. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. Had lots of pics that were just not necessary or simply not that good. Got a few keepers, tho.
Top Top