Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2021 12:40:53 PM EDT
No it is not. Sorry Garand Thumb. I did my $0.99 trial then kept it up for a few months. The only thing I ordered was a Dead Air muzzle device that was $15 cheaper and took 2 weeks to come in.

I don’t expect ammo. Even though they haven’t had anything except a battle pack of PMC 9mm over the past few months. I get it...I didn’t sign up for the ammo. I’ve built several AR’s this year and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

So I thought maybe the optics would be worth it. No, they are always out of stock. Can’t even get an EOTech or ACOG and they aren’t even that popular anymore.

I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory?

I could be wrong but I expected better. Will be cancelling at the end of this month.

Has anyone else found them useful? My firearm budget is $10k / year so I thought it would be beneficial.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i think i bought two of my t2s from there at a significantly cheaper price

that was also around 1.5-2 years ago
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Anytime a bunch of influencers all push the same miracle doodad or subscription service simultaneously out of nowhere I automatically know not to buy into it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I never heard of them. I'm not a fan of paying a fee to pay for items from anyone, anyplace, anytime.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
But did you get your Rare-Breed Trigger?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I canceled also. Shipping is horrible. Still waiting on an order from exactly one month ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never heard of them. I'm not a fan of paying a fee to pay for items from anyone, anyplace, anytime.
View Quote

Fucking this. They all see the suckers with their streaming cable and now everyone sees the chum in the water.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I did the .99 BDU trial too. Didn't find anything I wanted at a discount.

Another one I tried was Expert Voice. It's what you get when you look into Trijicon sponsored discounts.

Nope, either they didn't have what I wanted or what I wanted could be had cheaper elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
They do not have the in stock items like they had a year ago. A year ago it was worth it in my opinion. I bought 4 suppressors that were well under msrp and cheaper there then I could find elsewhere. Three were CGS.

Now, I’m in the same boat as you. I’m paying for shipping that has seem to take too long. Most is not in stock just like every other supplier online.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing good is ever in stock, website is absolute garbage to navigate.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered mags from BDU on Jan 10. Still haven’t shipped. All were “in stock”. Total BS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Last three items I bought were “in stock” but after weeks did not ship out. They are pulling an optics planet on people.

Something tells me they have little to zero inventory and just take your money and then place an order with the vendor.

Also, I think they might be getting seconds on some items like RMR’s. I bought two from them and one from lanbo’s. The lanbo’s one is much better looking by a wide margin.

With that said, there are no signs the BDU RMR’s are fake but the housings look like hammered shit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I placed an order with them for some Glock mags over a month ago and they still haven’t shipped.

I cancelled my membership.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anytime a bunch of influencers all push the same miracle doodad or subscription service simultaneously out of nowhere I automatically know not to buy into it.
View Quote

Can you say Olight
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang, I must be the oddball because I’ve probably save md $100 in the past 3 months, definitely worth it to me! Actually it’s more than $100 because I save $50 on my RMR alone. Mags, Vickers parts, night sights and hearing protection recently and BDU has definitely paid off for me so far.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Good reviews = more free shit from manufacturers and distributors.

Every asshole with a camera is now a survival/weapons exspurt thanx to YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought it was way overhyped. Like you all I tried the .99 trial offer and was underwhelmed to say the least. Never bought anything on there because there wasn’t really anything to buy. To top it off the stuff I did see wasn’t any less expensive than other places. Ya... I won’t be subscribing...
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I joined...

I ordered and paid for a rifle...

I waited about 3+ weeks.. nothing.

I called on week 4, very polite fella told it wouldn't be shipping for another week. I asked for refund, they processed refund within the next 2 hours.

Nice folks.. but... if you dont have it in stock to ship, you shouldn't sell it as "in stock" instead of admitting its a "pre order"

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
If they could hire someone to come over to your house and dent your car with a shopping cart, then they really WOULD be the Costco of the gun world.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

"FLASH OLIGHT SALE!" - influencers
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah and the people that actually show bushcraft and survival information get so deranked you only ever see them in passing when someone mentions it like now.

Pathfinder, self reliance outfitters, blackhat bushcraft, corporals corner, bjorn bull hansen.

Ive seen the survival dispatch shit, hot fucking garbage

Quoted:
Good reviews = more free shit from manufacturers and distributors.

Every asshole with a camera is now a survival/weapons exspurt thanx to YouTube.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#21]
So glad I’m not the only retard that tried BDU.

We learned. They suck, time to move on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

SPNI.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I sorta figured so...but thanks for confirming. I’ve often wondered how people liked it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I do not get the concept of paying someone to buy something.

Just let me buy it. Why do I gotta pay you for the privilege of buying something?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Wait, so you’re telling me that a firearms supplier doesn’t have much in stock right now?

No way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I had it for a few months. I got some things that made it worth it. Surefire lights and muzzle brakes were quite a few dollars cheaper. When I started in the night vision game I got a Dbal A3 hundreds of dollars cheaper then the cheapest price I could find anywhere else.
That being said their shipping blows and I’m still waiting for stuff I ordered over a month ago.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kinda depressing to cruise YouTube and see how many channels mysteriously start pushing Olight sales at the same time...
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wait, so you’re telling me that a firearms supplier doesn’t have much in stock right now?

No way.
View Quote

Reading comprehension is not everyone's strong suit..
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I did the 99 cent one month trial and got a killer deal on a t2. This was almost two years ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea they were worth it about a year ago when I first signed up, now not so much. I'll probably sign back up in a few years if the market ever returns to normal, assuming they're still around.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.

Well....you yourself said "few months"    the market has been shit for at least that long.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I just use my buddy’s subscription. He swears by it. I just picked up 3 pairs of BX-25 mags for under $98 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for reminding me to cancel my subscription.  Never once found anything I wanted in stock and for things in stock prices were just meh.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Guess I'm one of the lucky few who gets what I want out of it. Hell a couple of times I swear they were even the only ones in stock and it got delivered when they said it would be.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#35]
"If it sounds too good to be true..."
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I tried the .99$ for a month. I cancelled way before the end of that month. They were worthless.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol, wut?

OK, cool.  Lets deconstruct your original post found here:

Quoted:
No it is not. Sorry Garand Thumb. I did my $0.99 trial then kept it up for a few months. The only thing I ordered was a Dead Air muzzle device that was $15 cheaper and took 2 weeks to come in.

I don’t expect ammo. Even though they haven’t had anything except a battle pack of PMC 9mm over the past few months. I get it...I didn’t sign up for the ammo. I’ve built several AR’s this year and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

So I thought maybe the optics would be worth it. No, they are always out of stock. Can’t even get an EOTech or ACOG and they aren’t even that popular anymore.

I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory?

I could be wrong but I expected better. Will be cancelling at the end of this month.

Has anyone else found them useful? My firearm budget is $10k / year so I thought it would be beneficial.

At the beginning of your post you introduced your thesis: that big daddy unlimited is not worth it.

You supported your thesis with three very specific complaints:

1 - the muzzle brake that had a minor discount and slow shipping.

2 - they only had a single battle pack in stock for the past month

3 - optics are always out of stock.

This leads you to the conclusion that;

"I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory? "

Let's examine your complaints and conclusion to see if there is any legitimacy there.  All of your complaints have to do with inventory.  You complain that ammo and optics are out of stock, and that the muzzle device didn't have much of a discount and was slow to ship - things that are common with low inventory/high demand items.  These same complaints can be lodged against brownells, midway, psa, buds, and every other firearms manufacturer and vendor right now.

Thus, your conclusion that "I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory?" is wrong.  A better conclusion it that they are suffering from the same backlogs that every other vendor on the face of the earth is dealing with right now.  Or, as I put it before:

Quoted:

No way.

Now, if I have missed something, by all means diagram out your original post to show how your complaints against BD are unique to them or not inventory related.

Or you can just deflect or ask big daddy to call you, whatever you need to do to save face.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I fast forward their Youtube video when they start talking about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#40]
They are local to me.   Nice enough guys, but I ain't paying $1 just so I can see what you carry and if it is worth the trip across town for me to go check things out.

Hell before the $1 charge their website sucked and the search was unworkable.  

I stop in IF I am driving by anyway and have 5 minutes to kill, usually end up running into a former coworker, former student or range buddy.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Got a great deal on Romeo 5.  3 weeks to ship.   Still waiting for a pistol to ship.  Been 25 days.  Willing to wait a few more weeks as it was killer deal.

On the other hand, PSA has similar prices on sale items and ships in a day.

Best experience of the Covid crisis was with Geissele.  Order Thursday at noon, had next day at 11:30.  Granted, I'm in PA, but WOW!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Got a great deal on Romeo 5.  3 weeks to ship.   Still waiting for a pistol to ship.  Been 25 days.  Willing to wait a few more weeks as it was killer deal.

On the other hand, PSA has similar prices on sale items and ships in a day.

Best experience of the Covid crisis was with Geissele.  Order Thursday at noon, had next day at 11:30.  Granted, I'm in PA, but WOW!
View Quote

If you want to praise good service and shipping, JoeBobOutfitters just plain rocks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been waiting a month for them to ship a fricking flashlight.  It's been pending shipment for almost 2 weeks and there are plenty in stock.  I've never been overly impressed with their shipping but this is over the top.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ordered mags from BDU on Jan 10. Still haven’t shipped. All were “in stock”. Total BS.
View Quote

with that said, I ordered mags from DSG on Monday last week and they arrived on my porch Wednesday, two days later.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So glad I'm not the only retard that tried BDU.

We learned. They suck, time to move on.
View Quote
You sound like the kinda guy that lives on the EDGE and looks for an EDGE in every gun related transaction.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I did the .99 BDU trial too. Didn't find anything I wanted at a discount.

Another one I tried was Expert Voice. It's what you get when you look into Trijicon sponsored discounts.

Nope, either they didn't have what I wanted or what I wanted could be had cheaper elsewhere.
View Quote

Expert voice is free though.  Some brands have better discounts than others, some stuff is never in stock. Vortex has pretty good deals IIRC.  I saved close to $200 over cheapest retail on my camp chef pellet grill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here been waiting on 10 5.56  Lancer mags I order 6 weeks ago that were in stock.
They sent me  this BS email on Friday.

Good Afternoon,

We sincerely apologize for the delay with shipping, the 10 lancer mags are at the warehouse and on a reserve for your order. The warehouse is backed up, but will be caught up with orders within the month. At anytime if you wish to cancel the items and receive a refund please let us know.
Again we do apologize for the shipping delays at this time, please reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Amanda M.
Big Daddy Unlimited
ph: 800-915-7709
Hours of Operation: 8am-7pm EST (M-F)
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

lol, wut?

At the beginning of your post you introduced your thesis: that big daddy unlimited is not worth it.

"I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory? "

Let's examine your complaints and conclusion to see if there is any legitimacy there.  All of your complaints have to do with inventory.  You complain that ammo and optics are out of stock, and that the muzzle device didn't have much of a discount and was slow to ship - things that are common with low inventory/high demand items.  These same complaints can be lodged against brownells, midway, psa, buds, and every other firearms manufacturer and vendor right now.

Thus, your conclusion that "I’m guessing that they network with other suppliers and don’t keep their own inventory?" is wrong.  A better conclusion it that they are suffering from the same backlogs that every other vendor on the face of the earth is dealing with right now.  Or, as I put it before:

Now, if I have missed something, by all means diagram out your original post to show how your complaints against BD are unique to them or not inventory related.

Or you can just deflect or ask big daddy to call you, whatever you need to do to save face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, wut?

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way.

*yawn
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah and the people that actually show bushcraft and survival information get so deranked you only ever see them in passing when someone mentions it like now.

Pathfinder, self reliance outfitters, blackhat bushcraft, corporals corner, bjorn bull hansen.

Ive seen the survival dispatch shit, hot fucking garbage

View Quote

Early on I liked watching Wranglerstar's youtube videos, but damn if they didnt become this.  "Here is how I store my $10k of free dewalt tools" etc. etc. etc.  Everything became about something he was getting for free or to review and it just got old.  That and fucking click bait titles, which every survival type youtube channel does not.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

lol, wut?

View Quote

I wish I had your kind of free time...I really do.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top