Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:08:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 9:08:38 AM EST by Eric802]
I find it ironic that I seem to find plenty of RUSSIAN made ammunition at many places I go and American made ammunition is not available at all. Now if they are able to get the resources, manpower, and ship it to America all the way from Russia, you'd think we'd be able to do the same here in the U.S. of A....
LIke I said...such IRONY.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:44:34 PM EST
There is a metric shit ton of atk made ammo in my neck of the woods.

The local cabelas has it stacked as high as the shelf will let em.

So put the tin foil down.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:19:33 PM EST
What's even more ironic...556/7.62x39/etc are plentiful just about everywhere...yet it's been over a year since I've seen .22lr, and only recently have I started seeing 9mm/.45. Absolutely blows my mind...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:18:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 11:18:47 AM EST by JayC]
Originally Posted By Harleyduo:
I find it ironic that I seem to find plenty of RUSSIAN made ammunition at many places I go and American made ammunition is not available at all. Now if they are able to get the resources, manpower, and ship it to America all the way from Russia, you'd think we'd be able to do the same here in the U.S. of A....
View Quote

Its not irony. All of the US manufactured ammo is being bought up by the US Government. All of it. It is a much more efficient method of civilian disarmament then passing gun control laws - only costs about $5Bil/yr to suck up the entire US ammo supply. Incidentally, they are planning on using it in a couple of years to kill you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:52:57 AM EST
Can't wait for the excuse when one of those "area 51" type storage buildings go up in flames.

it will be the first milk factory to blow up
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:26:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By JayC:
Originally Posted By Harleyduo:
View Quote

Its not irony. All of the US manufactured ammo is being bought up by the US Government. All of it. It is a much more efficient method of civilian disarmament then passing gun control laws - only costs about $5Bil/yr to suck up the entire US ammo supply. Incidentally, they are planning on using it in a couple of years to kill you.
View Quote

Not technical, and I am thin ice with the moderators already.....but here goes... Think of this, someday the pendulum will swing back the other way and we will get all this ammo as surplus.
As far as Russian ammo being available, the are cranking it out to fill our DEMAND as fast as they can. Buy some, if you can get some trigger time awesome or you can always take it to Barter Town....
I always thought screw it, I reload.....but there is also a huge shortage of components.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:29:57 AM EST
"Not technical, and I am thin ice with the moderators already.....but here goes... Think of this, someday the pendulum will swing back the other way and we will get all this ammo as surplus."

Ah, no we won't. The U.S. Gov't does not sell surplus ammunition. They shoot it up or destroy it. Best we can hope for is it gets broken down into components, which they have done in the past.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:30:52 AM EST
im not having a ammo problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:44:29 AM EST
There is some slight chance that this ammo bullshit will end if enough anti gun politicians get shown the door in these midterms and again in 2016. Personally I doubt that will happen in either one, we'll be damn lucky to hold the line. I feel that for prices and availability the norm is being set right now, neckbeards are playing an important part in setting what will eventually be the high end of a very narrow price range. An activity and freedom that was expensive but still within reach for most Americans will be reserved for the well off as most hobbies are.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:55:22 AM EST
Local stores have all the ammo you want except 22LR. Well they have that also but at high prices.
Top Top