Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 1:56:52 PM EDT
I just want to pull my hair out when I watch these videos.  These guys do have a good bit of accurate knowledge and they seem to know what they are doing when bubbaing Mosin rifles.  Why do they have to spout off so much stuff that is just rumor and not founded, then they get huffy when you counter with factual stuff.  " I don't know, no body made of ballistics gel."  CSB I know.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
His life is basically worth more than yours.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

que?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

He's posting valuable stuff for us and you're complaining. Maybe you should do less complaining and make some contributions.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

He's posting valuable stuff for us and you're complaining. Maybe you should do less complaining and make some contributions.

WTF dude

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

False information and half truths = valuable information?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Dec join date, 19 posts......ayup.....

"valuable information" indeed.....
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

It would probably help if you began mentioning specific examples.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?

It would probably help if you began mentioning specific examples.

- Clint

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Can you clue us into some the "valuable information" he gives?  I haven't watched any of his stuff and don't feel like wasting my time watching bullshit vids.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you clue us into some the "valuable information" he gives?  I haven't watched any of his stuff and don't feel like wasting my time watching bullshit vids.  

I've watched a small portion of two different videos. One of them covered various slang for different items and the other covered good handguns under $350.00. I can see how these videos would benefit people that are somewhat new to guns and related items.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Obvious troll is obvious.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
If you know almost nothing about guns and need to be spoon fed information the argument can be made they're worthwhile.  That's about it as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I enjoy their videos.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#15]
i know these guys, they take the time to hand load different calibers and see what can be done, their shop is fucking awesome too
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I enjoy their videos.

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Iraqveteran8888 is probably the biggest dweeb on Youtube. Can't even stand looking at him. Looks like some fat, out of shape momma's boy trying to be a bad ass.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Iraqveteran8888 is probably the biggest dweeb on Youtube. Can't even stand looking at him. Looks like some fat, out of shape momma's boy trying to be a bad ass.

Sounds like most of us on arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Paging NorCal, paging NorCal, we have a troll on isle 3...

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#20]
He does good stuff for the most part. The only time he really stumbles is when he steps into unfamiliar territory (I.e. his MAS-36 video) IMHO. Good videos to watch if one is new to the hobby.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
He has some pretty good videos

But when he calls a 4473 a "test" it drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I enjoy their videos.

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#24]
OP, you should probably file criminal charges against the person who held you at gun point and made you watch those videos.

In related discussion, YouTube is filled with crap.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#25]
This video right in the first few minutes they say the 5.45x39 is an EXTREMELY POWERFUL round and reference it blow men's legs clean off.   They were referencing the 7N6 ammo. The 5.45 is a weaker round than the 5.56 and its wounding mechanism isn't anything tremendous,  it basically swaps ends once and travels butt forward.  It is a sufficient round, but not anything spectacular.

Their recent bird shot video is another example of inaccuracy that they choose to perpetuate.  No one forces me or anyone else to watch their videos, it does however bother me when people choose to spread myths as fact and refuse to accept proven facts as being real.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#26]
His gun gripes videos are annoying, he seem like a groucy old lady. At the same time I agree with most of the gripes.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I like his milsurp reviews

good camera work and not much bullshit in general on his channel
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I like his channel. He has some good reloading videos for noobs like myself. Also some cool milsurp stuff. Also the video of a 50bmg out of a 12ga.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#29]
bahahahahha "adage" "perceptive" what a coupla maroons!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Some boobs on Youtube posting their silly videos got me started in casting my own bullets.  Half the guys that took time to video themselves doing it may have been breaking every law in the book on safety, but they made it look easy enough for somebody like me to give it a shot.

Saved me thousands and made my reloading game quite fun.  I can now reload anything and all I need is powder and primers, which I have a lifetime supply of.  (Got a ton of lead) Even if the lights go out forever, I can still make ammo.  That's what I learned from people others might make fun of on Youtube.

Everybody has something they can teach others.  Be a giver not a hater.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some boobs on Youtube posting their silly videos got me started in casting my own bullets.  Half the guys that took time to video themselves doing it may have been breaking every law in the book on safety, but they made it look easy enough for somebody like me to give it a shot.

Saved me thousands and made my reloading game quite fun.  I can now reload anything and all I need is powder and primers, which I have a lifetime supply of.  (Got a ton of lead) Even if the lights go out forever, I can still make ammo.  That's what I learned from people others might make fun of on Youtube.

I gave em props also, but they have an audience there,  they should make sure what they are saying is accurate IMO.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hmmm
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]

I keep waiting for the girls in that gif to kiss but they never do  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#34]
And if you don't like IV8888, let me introduce you to my Professional Russian friend, he's from the same state.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I like Barry and Eric's videos.  They don't annoy me like Nutnfancy Fateofdestinee, or Cory and Erica. Their vids are directed toward new shooters and those who want to learn.  I like the way they present their info in a easy to understand way.  However, Hikock45 and Military Arms Channel presented by fellow Arfcom member FAC, havethe best vidspeos out there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top