Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 11:22:28 AM EDT
From the quagmire for Halliburton:

Iraqi tribes in Anbar arrest 270 Arab and foreign al-Qaeda members!
From Dar al-Hayat (Arabic):

The Anbar tribes’ campaign to rid the province of Zarqawi’s terror organization, al-Qaeda in Iraq is in its 2nd day and so far, 270 Arab and foreign intruders have been arrested.
   […]
   Usama Jad’aan, the leader of Karabila tribes in Qaim told al-Hayat that “the operation will continue to eliminate terror elements according to a quality plan” and added “270 Arab and foreign intruders have been arrested, in addition to some Iraqis who were providing them shelter”.

Sheikh Jad’aan added “the operation is conducted in coordination between the tribes and the minister of defense Sa’doun al-Dulaimi and since we arrested hundreds of terrorists, I don’t expect the operation to take a lot of time”.

iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/2006/01/iraqi-tribes-in-anbar-arrest-270-arab.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No Shit?!?!?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You go boys.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From the quagmire for Halliburton:

Iraqi tribes in Anbar arrest 270 Arab and foreign al-Qaeda members!
From Dar al-Hayat (Arabic):

The Anbar tribes’ campaign to rid the province of Zarqawi’s terror organization, al-Qaeda in Iraq is in its 2nd day and so far, 270 Arab and foreign intruders have been arrested.
   […]
   Usama Jad’aan, the leader of Karabila tribes in Qaim told al-Hayat that “the operation will continue to eliminate terror elements according to a quality plan” and added “270 Arab and foreign intruders have been arrested, in addition to some Iraqis who were providing them shelter”.

Sheikh Jad’aan added “the operation is conducted in coordination between the tribes and the minister of defense Sa’doun al-Dulaimi and since we arrested hundreds of terrorists, I don’t expect the operation to take a lot of time”.

iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/2006/01/iraqi-tribes-in-anbar-arrest-270-arab.html

Sound like they do a better job catching illegal aliens than we do
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If true then we need to reward these guys handsomely and provide the very best services and protection we can give.  That would be a good incentive for other tribes to follow.

I know we won't do that, though.  We'll let them be singled out and massacred by the terrorists.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent news. I think everyone's hope is for the Sunnis to turn on al Qaeda, then cut a deal with the government. This is perhaps a recognition on the part of the tribes that they can't directly beat the government + US, so they're giving up al Qaeda by way of "proving" their loyalty to the new government.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome!  Sounds like they are realizing they have the power to end this and all they have to do is use it!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Large pit.....SSS.....270 problems solved....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually large pit is not a bad idea just let the Iraqis start shooting foreign fighters.  The AQ and mujs will trickle down after that.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sound like they do a better job catching illegal aliens than we do

They aren't bound by as many PC constraints as we are.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If true then we need to reward these guys handsomely and provide the very best services and protection we can give.  That would be a good incentive for other tribes to follow.

I know we won't do that, though.  We'll let them be singled out and massacred by the terrorists.

I am thinking that to capture 270 of the bad guys, there have to be a fair number of good guys in the first place, sort of making them slaughter-proof.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I got yer popular support right here, Senator!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
They better execute each and every one of them ASAP.  Them Qaida guys are like snakes, I wouldn't want to keep 270 of them around.  Just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Those guys, Iraqis, know exactly who the foreign fighters are and who is helping them. Due to the tribalistic nature of Iraq, when the tribal leaders decide to change sides and go with the government... the foreigners they have been using as suicide bombers and the like are fuxxored. They have no concept of loyalty as do we... where the money is, that is where their loyalties will lie.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
You have to be careful digging pits in Iraq.  You might hit buried chemical weapons.  Or bodies of victims of Saddam's benevolent dictatorship.

Hanging is cheap, and leave 'em out for the buzzards.  

"Buzzards gotta eat, too, you know."  (from Two Mules for Sister Sarah)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Outstanding!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. The things you see when you don't have a dull rusty knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top