Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 7:09:29 AM EDT
Iraqi PM says some 400 militants killed in crackdown
2 hours, 16 minutes ago
U.S. and Iraqi security forces have killed around 400 suspected militants since the start of a major crackdown to stem violence in Baghdad, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said on Saturday.

Maliki visited the command center for the operation which was launched 10 days ago and urged security forces taking part in it not to be influenced by sectarian loyalties.

He told reporters 426 suspected militants had been detained in the crackdown "and around that number have been killed."

Maliki, a Shi'ite Islamist criticized for not doing enough to combat Shi'ite militias, has vowed to deal even-handedly with both Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims responsible for violence that had been killing hundreds every week.

A statement from his office said the prime minister reminded security forces to "respect the citizen" during searches.

"We will punish all those who ease up on searches involving people from their sect or ethnicity," the statement said.

Washington has identified the Mehdi Army, a militia loyal to radical Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, as the greatest threat to security in Iraq. Sunni Arabs blame it for running death squads, a charge Sadr denies.

"The prime minister pointed out the positive results that were produced in the last few days after a number of terrorist cells were broken up and many of their operations failed, as well as the return of hundreds of displaced families to their areas," the statement said.

Link
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
terrorists and insurgents are like ants.

can you kill all ants?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

can you kill all ants?

So you'd rather let them overrun you instead of keeping the virgins flowing?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

can you kill all ants?

With enough fire.. sure.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

can you kill all ants?

I'm blown away by the sheer stupidity on the board today....where do these senseless morons come from?!?!?!

HH
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
thats not enough  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a good day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm blown away by the sheer stupidity on the board today....where do these senseless morons come from?!?!?!

HH

No school today.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

No school today.

Ahhh....that's right.  Oh well, they'll be back at HS on Monday.

HH
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

can you kill all ants?

Why cut your nails?  They'll just grow back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
here is the problem.

Terrorists were not born as a terriorist. Usually they hold some hatred against something and use violence/threat to achieve their political goals.

you kill one and get another two born.

if you think you can wipe them off by killing more of them, you are really stupid.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

can you kill all ants?

don't we need to kill 400 x 17 Iraqi virgins too? I mean when they get there, the virgins will no longer be virgins, they will have lost their virginity...

fred
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
here is the problem.

Terrorists were not born as a terriorist. Usually they hold some hatred against something and use violence/threat to achieve their political goals.

We didn't kill the family members of al qaeda prior to 9/11.  So, although they technically weren't born terrorists, they became terrorists while we did nothing.

That is only true up to a point, eventually you hit "peak terrorist" and you kill more than can be born (this is the way wars were fought for tens of thousands of years).

if you think you can wipe them off by killing more of them, you are really stupid.

OMG! you're like so right! what was I thinking.  let's buy them girl scout cookies!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
here is the problem.

So which is it?

You just said they're not "born" terrorists, and then you say...

I don't think you're in a position to be calling anybody stupid here.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
here is the problem.

So which is it?

You just said they're not "born" terrorists, and then you say...

I don't think you're in a position to be calling anybody stupid here.

Don't worry Alex, he's from Jersey.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I take offense to that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#17]
You know what's funny? I haven't heard of any terrorists groups calling for a surge of "holey warriors" to surge into Iraq to fight the USA. Add to the news that mookie-al-SAD-r seems to have fled the country. I guess muslim terrorists are only brave when a camera is shooting them and flee in the face of American troops.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take offense to that.

LOL, lighten up, it's a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top