Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 2:13:59 PM EDT
I caught this on FNC today, apparently Iran has refused all humanitarian aid offered by America to help with their earthquake problem. They're still pissed off about GW including them as a member of the "Axis of Evil".
I guess their feelings are more important than saving their own peoples lives. Fuck em, just reinforces my belief that they're a bunch of friggin lunatics.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be about par for the course---
Some people must really enjoy food cooked over a camelshit fire.

Ever notice how the female volunteers have to wear the head scarf crap??? The idiot deserve whatever they get... maybe the earth will split open and swallow them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Well you got to give them credit, the Iranians realized Humanitarian aid is only useful if your "human" to begin with!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I gotta call BS on this.

Provide a link.  Last I heard the government of Iran was grateful for all aid from every nation including the USA.  They  were however making it clear that all past differences were not forgotten just because of this aid.  

A far cry from refusing aid.

A link please.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure if they are turning down US aid, but they are saying no to a high profile humanitarian delegation from the US:
[url]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAH70WVYOD.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Provide a link. Last I heard the government of Iran was grateful for all aid from every nation including the USA. They were however making it clear that all past differences were not forgotten just because of this aid.
View Quote

The Iranians did not refuse US aid they refused to see a US aid delegation headed by Elizabeth Dole:

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/02/elec04.dole.iran/index.html[/url]

The President clearly intended to send a signal to the Iranian PEOPLE that we are not their enemies. A message the Iranian government does not want heard… but they will get the message anyway.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto the above...

[url]http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3364345.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Read more about our friends...

"US---Iran Time Line 1953-2004"

[url]http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3362443.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
[size=6]Oh, I get it our aid is good enough for them, but were not. Hope the ones left alive die of disease[/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It's pretty much a case where we responded faster than their own government, they received alot of criticism, and now their government is p!ssed for us exposing how unprepared and slow to act they were.  It's bad public relations for the ayatollahs if the US shows more compassion towards their people than they do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, I see now what they're refusing, sorry, I heard it on Fox news and it sounded like they were refusing our help. That doesn't seem like the case, they'll still take our money, just not our presence in their country. ahh screw em anyway.
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
In 2001, the President labeled them part of the axis of evil.
By 2003, we liberated a couple of Iran's neighbors and after an act of God we offer the Iranians disaster aid.
In 2004 the govt clerics, in front of the whole world mind you, slap the US helping hand away.
The Iranian people see this.

It's all coming together.
The winds of change are about to blow in Iran and the US will be flying in on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top