Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 6:15:29 PM EDT
Iran presents: Holocaust cartoon contest

Leading newspaper presents contest in response to cartoons disparaging Muhammad
Roee Nahmias

Iran's most popular daily newspaper, Hamshahri, is set to initiate a Holocaust cartoon contest in what it says is a response to cartoons disparaging Islam's prophet Muhammad published in a Danish newspaper.

"This will be an international cartoon competition on the topic of the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazawi, the paper's graphic editor.

The editor added the newspaper intends to fight back by claiming the publication of Holocaust cartoons is done in the name of freedom of expression.

"Western newspapers published these caricatures, which constitute desecration, under the pretense of freedom of expression," he said. "Let's see if they mean what they say once we publish Holocaust caricatures."

Meanwhile, Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a leading Muslim Brotherhood cleric, has condemned the harsh reactions to the cartoons among Muslim

communities around the world.

Speaking on al-Jazeera's Sharia program, Qaradawi said: "The acts of destruction carried out by a minority of people in capitals around the world are unacceptable as a response to what European newspaper published. We never called on people to burn cars. We call on you to show the fury in an intelligent way as to avoid unthinkable damage."

"We condemn those who are attacking us when we do not attack them. We are bound by the laws of Allah and to his instructions," said Qaradawi, who has a major influence on the Arab Muslim community and on Muslim communities in the West

Qaradawi attacks freedom of speech

Responding to a question about churches damaged in Beirut by rioting masses, Qaradawi said: "This is unacceptable. We have seen Muslim imams preventing people from doing this, but it seems there are those who will exploit the rage of the people to pour fuel on the fire."

Qaradawi has called for "sanctions on countries that published the cartoons in their newspapers. We demand an international law forbidding religions from being humiliated, and we held a rally as a response to these injuries. These are the ways to respond."

Qaradawi also condemned freedom of speech, saying: "No one has this freedom. When you drive in a car, you can't swerve right and left because there are other people on the road with you. You must drive according to traffic laws."

Meanwhile, 400 Iranian protesters threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at the Danish Embassy in Teheran. Earlier, the Austrian Embassy in the Iranian capital was attacked.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
when muslims talk all I hear is " DIRKA DIRKA, Mohomed, jihad"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

LOL! "Ahhhh, dirka dirka dirka."

How can they have a contest concerning something that they claim never happened? Those crazy bastards need to get their stories straight.

-Scott

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Does this mean i get to riot in the streets?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Iran presents: Holocaust cartoon contest

That is so over the line!  I am going to protest in the streets and burn/rape/pillage/plunder/look like an ass/blow myself up to show how outraged I am!  

They need to just get the fuck over it.  People and their religion/politics/mom/wife/car get made fun of all the time.  Notice how white christian males don't get all bent out of shape when we are made fun of?  How about how MOST AMERICANS don't go on a rioting spree when they are BASHED and BLASPHEMED on a daily fucking basis by these same fuckwads?  Interesting....we must be civil or something.  

My opinion:  Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

ETA:  And one other thing...Why in the fuck would you riot/loot/pillage/steal/burn/rape/generally fuck shit up in your OWN neighborhood?  That shit never did make sense to me.  If I ever felt the instant urge to go absolutely batshit a fuck up random stuff, I am relatively certain that I would go somewhere else and do it, not in my own fucking neighborhood/town/city/slum/ghetto/whatever.  Fucking morons.  I think that if nothing else, they need to realize that some of us smart fuckers are starting to catch on.  Anyone else ever notice how anytime someone says something about the fuckwads all they want to do it march in the streets and kill everyone?  Fuck 'em.  If they want a fucking war, I say lets give 'em a fucking war.  They can all come swing by my neighborhood whenever they are ready.  You can go ahead and tell them that their 72 virgins are here waiting for them!  Come get some you fucking animals.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
i think they are pretty childish, has anyone told them that yet?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The arayns do something that pisses them off so they blame the jews.... riiiight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Notice how much like the Democrats and liberals they are? Whining crybabies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't they have those cartoons everyday?

FOXNEWS showed some everyday cartoons about Jews out of the arab world yesterday.  I think this cartoon issue is going to blow up in the muslim's faces.

And has that Danish Imam's citizenship/visa been revoked yet?  He lied and placed extra more controversial cartoons in the list in order to economically hurt Denmark.  That screams traitor to me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike_Mills Presents: DUPE.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can they have a contest concerning something that they claim never happened? Those crazy bastards need to get their stories straight.

-Scott

Bak. Dirk-dirk Allah. Dirka dirka, Mohammed Jihad. Baka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.

I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Scott

Bak. Dirk-dirk Allah. Dirka dirka, Mohammed Jihad. Baka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.

I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I think you guys are missing the mark on the "cartoon" deal.  Iran, it seems, takes every opportunity it can to to push or bait Israel into a confrontation.  How or why that would be to the benefit of Iran is pure speculation (or is it??) but they are really pushing for something to happen.  Keeping the pressure up, I'm sure Israel will eventually give them what they so desperately seek.

That's my take,
lawdog
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
.....I'm sure Israel will eventually give them what they so desperately seek.

That's my take,
lawdog

Let's hope so. It'd be nice to see someone other than us step up and take a swing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hang the dupe police.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Does this mean i get to riot in the streets?

And burn embassies
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

America, F*** Yeah!

Does anybody recognize that there is a difference between publishing a cartoon of a religious icon, and the Holocaust?

Let's see... one is a guy in a funny hat.  The other is the torture/murder of 6 million + people.

Nope, just can't see the difference.  Jihad! Jihad!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#18]
And unlike some of the areas in the middle east, we won't see Jews rioting in the streets and killing people.

Why?

Perhaps because they have faced REAL opression, as opposed to some jackass drawing stupid cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hang the dupe police.

I prefer to think of it as a REDUNDANT thread, not a dupe.  Redundant as in reliable, just in case, an alternate path,...    

Considerign that the other thread you pointed out no longer works (trashed by mods?), I think this redundant thread just earned its right to exist.    
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top