Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:06:33 PM EDT
Are we no shit considering attacking Iran?  Or is it just making good news on FOX?  
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think in the next 2-5 years we will be involved in a war in IRAN.
IBTP
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
lets get our other shit figured out first and let someone else lead this one....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
lets get our other shit figured out first and let someone else lead this one....

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBTP

my first poll by the way.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Let our (bought and paid for) friends in Israel take care of it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Beat me to the correct answer:

Let Israel handle this one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's let the world see* what letting worthless UN sanctions and drafting toothless resolutions to severely pooh-pooh illegal activities accomplishes.

* to a point, I don't want Israel or a US friendly nation nukified
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I think we should, however, I think we should be real smart about it.  We should be able to get things straightened out in Iraq and Asscrackistan first.  Then use them as launching points into Iran.  This way we won't have to worry about the Turks fucking us over again.  

Either way, if we do I think it's going to be a real shit storm.

-K
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Right now, the Iranian Govt is trying to bait us into attacking them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Sustained no holds bar strategic air campaign.

Not carpet bombing cities but all ridges, road networks, power stations, POL stuff, etc all gets blown to shit.  In addition to all military targets and nuke facilities.  Bomb their fucking banks and records storage too just for spite

They want to act like they live in the stone age, then lets put them there.

Their population will starve.  We will not care.  6 months move in and occupy because everyone will be dead from lack of food.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
One thing that surprises we is the willingness in the polls cited on Fox news that would support an invasion into Iran.  With all the opposition in this country over Iraq i would think those numbers would be leaning slightly against an attack of Iran.

But what the fuck do i know... I'm just a gunner.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
i say cut to the chase.. sell them tactical nukes... no strings attached...

time to get down to the tolchocking and the nailing in...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Attack not invade.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#15]
too many irons in the fire already.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I think we'll be at war with them soon, whether we want it or not.

I do like the idea of unleashing Israel on them. We've held them back before, but now it's time to let 'em do it.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
But, I wanted US to invade Syria next!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#18]
After we get Afghanistan and Iraq subdued, we can do the Alexander the Great world tour part deux on them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Syria is a case for assasination as is Iran.  Invading and occupying another Arab country with just U.S. troops and token foreign commitments is a bad idea.  History has proven persians should not be fucked with amd Syria is border to Israeli problem areas.  By that I mean Israels problems become our problems.  Also China and Russia will not be on board for rolling up their biggest client state and oil source.  It would be cool to fight alongside the Chinese (good relations) but it would be a deal with the devil.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I say it is time to see if those F-22A's are worth their weight in gold. Let the israelies deal with their other problems. They have to deal with HAMAS in governmental power (I still think that pullback they made was a terrible move, why didn't they just tell the palistinians "If you keep blowing up our women and children we'll give you even more land!". The real response should have been "If you keep killing our women and children, we'll just take even more land from you" If they still continue the answer would be FORCED LABOR CAMPS).

But a assasination/coup attempt would be the most preferable. Just as long as we don't wind up with another bay of pigs
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#21]
1.  should've done it in '79.  US embassy is sovereign US territory, and attack and capture of US embassy personnel is tecnically no different than an attack on actual US soil.
2.  the Persians/Iranians have been at it for 2000 years with the "western" world, as far back as when the western world was Greece and Sparta, then Constantinopole, etc.  Long before they were Muslim they've had to be put back in their place every couple hundred years or so.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#23]
We'll be attacking Iran by late March of this year, or Isreal will.

Isreali elections and the Iranian oil bourse make that almost certain, everyone involved in the planning expects we'll have to go to war eventually anyway, so they won't be in the mood to allow OPEC oil to be sold in Euros in the meantime. Not saying it's why we'd go to war, just the reason for the when.

We will have to put boots on the ground in Khuzestan to secure the straight of Hormuz and deny the enemy their oil revenue. There's no way to secure the straight from the air without destroying the oil infrastructure in the process, it's all right there, that's where the sunburns and so on will be also. If we don't hold a beachhead there'll be regular attacks on shipping via missiles and mines.

That will likely be the second stage of the attack, air attack on nuclear sites will come first, Iran will respond, and that response will make the wider conflict politically possible.

Khuzestan is the key to the whole campaign, probably be better if we went in there heavy first, but I don't believe it's politically possible at this point, maybe if we weren't in Iraq it would be.

They're not going to give us the time we'd need to finish up with Iraq and Afghanistan, that's still years down the road if it happens at all. Iraq is not going to be more hostile to Iran than to the US for generations, if ever, unless and until it is occupied by Iran. We hit Iran and Iraq will get a lot more difficult.The Shiites are already becoming more difficult now that we're working with the Sunni. Iran is goading us because they believe they can drive us out of the middle east .

They'll destabilize Iraq, the Shiites will turn against us, and the region will get really messy.

What happens then is anybodies guess, but it won't be pretty.

There aren't any easy solutions to the problem.

Would be nice if Ahmadinajad suddenly fell ill, and the Mullahs with him.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Syria is a case for assasination as is Iran.  Invading and occupying another Arab country with just U.S. troops and token foreign commitments is a bad idea.  History has proven persians should not be fucked with amd Syria is border to Israeli problem areas.  By that I mean Israels problems become our problems.  Also China and Russia will not be on board for rolling up their biggest client state and oil source.  It would be cool to fight alongside the Chinese (good relations) but it would be a deal with the devil.

iranians are persians not arabs..

IF the US invades iran ( a real invasion ) it will be (I think) the first large scale invasion of another country by the US in history where there was no overt action by the invadee before the invasion. they have not invaded or attacked any other country. it is a nation of asswhipes who wants nukes. its a really bad situation but until THEY actually do something i aint in favor of us taking unilateral action. IF they get nukes and they use them its lights out/curtains. one nuke sub could make iran an instant parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Import McDonalads and Walmart to Iran, let capitalism take over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

iranians are persians not arabs..No shit, I was talking about Syria too.

IF the US invades iran ( a real invasion ) it will be (I think) the first large scale invasion of another country by the US in history where there was no overt action by the invadee before the invasion. they have not invaded or attacked any other country. it is a nation of asswhipes who wants nukes. its a really bad situation but until THEY actually do something I am not in favor of us taking unilateral action. IF they get nukes and they use them its lights out/curtains. one nuke sub could make iran an instant parking lot.

The Iranians are squirming for a fight they know they cannot win that is what I do not understand?  Said asswipes will put nukes in play, noone believes otherwise.  I think we were talking about non-nuke options.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

iranians are persians not arabs..No shit, I was talking about Syria too.

IF the US invades iran ( a real invasion ) it will be (I think) the first large scale invasion of another country by the US in history where there was no overt action by the invadee before the invasion. they have not invaded or attacked any other country. it is a nation of asswhipes who wants nukes. its a really bad situation but until THEY actually do something I am not in favor of us taking unilateral action. IF they get nukes and they use them its lights out/curtains. one nuke sub could make iran an instant parking lot.

The Iranians are squirming for a fight they know they cannot win that is what I do not understand?  Said asswipes will put nukes in play, noone believes otherwise.  I think we were talking about non-nuke options.  

this is what i think. they are not squirming for a fight. they want the nuclear option. it will provide tremendous leverage for them politically. ups the stakes a whole bunch if they have one. neutralizes our ability to use conventional forces against them in an attack ala iraq. becuase they would then launch at israel and probably saudi arabia to zap the old fields. they would hold an ecomonic gun to the head of the entire world.

thats the whole deal here. they get nukes it gives them political leverage in the middle east and blocks the use of conventional weapons against them and threatens the saudis. i've heard that the saudis have looked into getting nukes to COUNTER the eventual iranian threat...

my guess they will get nukes. we will not invade unilaterally. the world wont go that far in support. the only possibility is that israel may do something. and that will be a big logistical and MAJOR political problem for them...

a nuclear armed iran changes completely the dynamics in the middle east. that is what bush is desparate to prevent. and the europeans probably fear more than us. but i think he has spent his capitol in iraq. and the europeans have over 100 years of doing nothing until its too late (except the germans who did things too soon or got carried away with initial successes)

we will see.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I went with the first choice, because it was closest.  What we should have done was finished A-stan, then done Iraq, then done......

CO
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#29]
No real opinion on Iran, but if we do go to war with them, I'll be re-enlisting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
No real opinion on Iran, but if we do go to war with them, I'll be re-enlisting.

if you dont and you are of the right age you will be drafted instead...

personally don't see how we can do iran without a draft unless we use nukes. 3 or 4 times the number of folks as iraq, 3 or 4 times the size of iraq. very mountainous in areas (perhaps not good for rapid mobile war like iraq).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#31]
IMO, As long  as our inteligence agencies are sure Iran is not nuclear armed,(yet) we should jump through the UN hoops, and have as many countries on board as possible. More EU. countries are with us this time, and the more the better, in the long run. It is highly unlikely that Iran will comply with any UN order of inspections, and sanctions only have a limited effect, and cause resintment by the civilians in the sanctioned country. So, give a limited time for negotiations, drum up all the support we can, then do what needs to be done, as hard and as quick as possible. If Iran is found to  have a weapon, or is very close to having one, FIRE AWAY!, and Fuck the UN.............Also, I wonder if the EU countries that are on board this time, that weren't last time, are in only because they fear U.S. domination/monopoly on middle east oil?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Dear Mr. Ahmadamadanotgonnaworkhereanymore,

I have begun an office pool for interested coworkers to predict just when Iran
will get it's ass kicked by either the U.S. or Israel (or both).
I'd like some guidance from you concerning said operation

- Start date and number of days in the air campaign
- Number of reactor, R&D sites and processing/refining facilities that will be schwacked
- Approximate number of sortees flown

With this information, I have a better chance of winning the pool.
Please return email me at your earliest convenience and praise be Allah.

cc: [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/01/14/wiran14.jpg

- Number of reactor, R&D sites and processing/refining facilities that will be schwacked

BS"D

Israel will attack on March 14. 1 day only. 50 to 60 sites. Number of sorties unknown, depends on the weapons used and staging areas.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think in the next 2-5 years we will be involved in a war in IRAN.
IBTP

I say we'll attack Iran by june 20
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Second the motion.

Every newspaper I’ve seen has had Europe taking the lead.
Let Europe that the lead on this one.
Of course if they need a Nuke or two…
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Taking Marine basic this summer.  All this shit goin on.. I can't wait to go and kick some ass!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#37]
They want nukes.....we should just give it to them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Taking Marine basic this summer.  All this shit goin on.. makes me really nervous about it.

Safe to say this will be a SF, USAF, and USN operation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Taking Marine basic this summer.  All this shit goin on.. makes me really nervous about it.

why are you nervous? Marines are trained to fight. If you have second thoughts about combat while serving your country, maybe you should rethink the whole enlistment thing. And yes, I have served also.

Anywho, Iran needs to be dealt with. They are kinda like the "deebo" of the middle east. If they go nuclear, they will hold the middle east hostage.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it unlikely that we will invade Iran any time soon.  INstead we will likely pull an Israel on them and turn their nuclear reactors into pits in the ground.  They have plenty of oil, why do they need reactors?  They don't, except to become a nuclear power.  That is not an acceptable option to anyone but their tech providers in China and Russia.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
After we get Afghanistan and Iraq subdued, we can do the Alexander the Great world tour part deux on them

Ironic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/01/14/wiran14.jpg

BS"D

Israel will attack on March 14. 1 day only. 50 to 60 sites. Number of sorties unknown, depends on the weapons used and staging areas.

naaaaaaa. 50-60 sites in one day? Just how many planes do you think Israel has to throw at them in unison while leaving some behind to protect the homeland? They'd have to fully load them, which is gonna cut back on their range.  It's about 800-1000 miles each way from Israel. Maybe they'll stage in Iraq, but still, logistically...Plus, they'll have to use some heavy armaments, since some of that stuff is buried deep and I think MOAB's are free falling rather than guided, so there's gonna be some inevitable close but no cigar runs. I'd say AT LEAST 4-5 days.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't attack.  Nuke from orbit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Name anyone who's gonna do that besides us....

If you even think the U.N. you need to be b!tch slapped!!!

No-one else cares because no-one else is going to be the first target..(except Israel and their hands are tied politically)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
One thing that surprises we is the willingness in the polls cited on Fox news that would support an invasion into Iran.  With all the opposition in this country over Iraq i would think those numbers would be leaning slightly against an attack of Iran.

But what the fuck do i know... I'm just a gunner.
~Dg84

You're forgetting the extremely short attention span of the world, before we went into Iraq (which is what everyone is bitching about) the ONLY people against us going into Iraq was Saddam, Germany, Russia, France, and china, because all except China was involved in the Oil for Food scandal and China wanted to retain the right to do whatever they wanted so they couldn't support invading Iraq.

I think there was a total of like 20 people on the face of the planet that did not believe Iraq had WMD's (I still believe they had them and they are in Syria now..)

What I'm getting at is when there's a threat everyone wants us to act, but once we do and we loose a couple men and it looks ugly, everyone wants to call it Vietnam all over again and blame Bush for lying and killing.... And because everyone has 20 minute attention spans they get away with it...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Beat me to the correct answer:

Let Israel handle this one.

But give them special bombs and aircraft and intelligence to make it easier.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Any credible source that I have ever read/heard/viewed about an actual firefight relays an absolute horror, especially a military action where your friends get blown apart right next to you.

Are you sure you are so excited about kicking ass?  The handful of people I have met with actual experience were far from enthusiastic about the whole matter, and did not want to talk about it a whole lot.

You probably won't like it either.  I think you need to mature quite a bit.

Quoted:
Taking Marine basic this summer.  All this shit goin on.. I can't wait to go and kick some ass!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Any credible source that I have ever read/heard/viewed about an actual firefight relays an absolute horror, especially a military action where your friends get blown apart right next to you.

Are you sure you are so excited about kicking ass?  The handful of people I have met with actual experience were far from enthusiastic about the whole matter, and did not want to talk about it a whole lot.

You probably won't like it either.  I think you need to mature quite a bit.

Quoted:

Go easy, there Zippy.  If you don't REALLY REALLY want to be there before you get there, than it will REALLY REALLY suck when you do get there.  Before I deployed I felt the same way, and kind of still do.

Getting shot at sucks.  Shooting back is fun as fuck.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the Europeans should take care of this one but We will all grow old waiting for them. When You want a job done right and fast You need to do it Yourself. Payback time is comming soon and We have a lot of old scores to settle with these cocksuckers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top