Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 3:20:20 PM EST
I just ordered a couple from their Applestore and I got $20 off each! I signed up as a student and they gave me the discount. Free shipping and no sales tax. Saved over $40 on each. Whoo Hoo!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:44:02 PM EST
Which ones did ya get?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:47:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Skibane:
Which ones did ya get?

I got the 4meg $199 minis. But I paid $179 to my door. NO TAX NO SHIPPING. Similar savings on other IPODs. You just sign up as a student. I picked a local college that was recognized by their system. They didnt ask for any proof so they must not really care too much as long as they are getting a sale.

The funny thing is that these are going for $200+ on ebay. Now I know how they are making money on these. What I dont understand is why people are paying $200+ when you can buy them direct for less.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:16:55 PM EST
How are they getting by with not charging any sales tax?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:34:02 PM EST

I just looked and they DID add $21 in sales tax. It was in the second email they sent me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:35:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

I just looked and they DID add $21 in sales tax. It was in the second email they sent me.

I
I thought most online places do not add sales tax unless you live in the state they are located in
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:38:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By BigB1129:

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

I
I thought most online places do not add sales tax unless you live in the state they are located in

They must have an outlet store somewhere in Michigan. I think there is one at the 12 Oaks Mall if I am not mistaken. But its still less tax then what I would have paid if I bought it at the store.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:44:18 PM EST
I know, I need to get out more. What is an IPOD? I am guessing it is some kind of modern headphones. If so how does it work? Where do you get the music?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:49:06 PM EST
I dont get what the big deal is. I like my bootleg cds.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:22:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By SUPERSPORT:
I know, I need to get out more. What is an IPOD? I am guessing it is some kind of modern headphones. If so how does it work? Where do you get the music?

It's a snappy little .mp3 player that costs twice as much as its competition, but makes you twice as cool when you dance wildly to a Jet song, silhouetted by shocking neon colors.

Oh, and they're for ghey people.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:59:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2005 4:01:30 AM EST by ARDOC]
Actually they dont cost that much more. But they are easier to use in some cases. Memory is usually better then most.

IPODs interface with my BMWs radio so I can use it was a hard drive for basically all of the song I own. Thats over 1000 songs for my car. Beats the shit out of a 6 CD changer.
Top Top