Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 7:05:52 PM EDT
Was talking to the old boss yesterday the one with the iphone 4 of fail (proximity sensor issues and antenna issues) and on sunday morning at 11 am he waited for the AT&T store to open and he turned in the Iphone 4 and got the Samsung Captivate an Andriod phone.

He loved apple but steve jobs' friday invitation only press conference where he told all the complainers to basically fuck off and accept it was the final straw.

the Iphone 4 is going to be Apple's Xbox 360 RROD.

meanwhile I'm letting him basically beta test out the Captivate for me. Its looks like a good phone for the $$.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Captivating story.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Captivating story.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Captivating story.

So why did you edit out the smart ass "So do you have a twitter I can subscribe to" comment?

Realize you were being an ass?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Captivating story.

So why did you edit out the smart ass "So do you have a twitter I can subscribe to" comment?

hahahahah busted
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I suppose you have a twitter also that I could follow?  I am sure your tweets about lunch are fascinating beyond what my little brain could handle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I suppose you have a twitter also that I could follow?  I am sure your tweets about lunch are fascinating beyond what my little brain could handle.

Noobs shouldn't jump into being smartasses until they get the lay of the land.

I get the feeling you aren't going to become a long time member.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I seem to have run of the noob.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, well...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm hoping you mean 'run off the noob'.

If not, I'd like an explanation of the phraseology...  err, maybe not.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that I tend to agree with you.

I don't own anything close to a smart phone, so I have no dog in this fight except for stirring the pot
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was talking to the old boss yesterday the one with the iphone 4 of fail (proximity sensor issues and antenna issues) and on sunday morning at 11 am he waited for the AT&T store to open and he turned in the Iphone 4 and got the Samsung Captivate an Andriod phone.

He loved apple but steve jobs' friday invitation only press conference where he told all the complainers to basically fuck off and accept it was the final straw.

the Iphone 4 is going to be Apple's Xbox 360 RROD.

meanwhile I'm letting him basically beta test out the Captivate for me. Its looks like a good phone for the $$.

huh... sucks to be him

everyone that I know who picked up the new iphone 4 and had problems with it, took it to apple and they replaced it and now have had no problems.

missing out on a good phone with cool stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Android FTW.   A friend went from an iPhone to the Samsung Captivate on AT&T, and he's loving it.   Within the last couple days, two people at work went from iPhones to Android devices.  One got the EVO, which is HELLA nice.  

I'm still loving my Droid, but will also love it when I can move up to a faster, larger screen device next year.

Oh yeah, did I say...

ANDROID PWNZ!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The Apple faithful won't care.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#13]
captiv8 is awesome
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Captivating story.

Gee-do you both have twitters I can subscribe to?

Everyone that I know that has an iPhone 4 loves them.

Will be getting one myself as soon as I can divert the scratch.

Nick

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Captivating story.

Gee-do you both have twitters I can subscribe to?
Everyone that I know that has an iPhone 4 loves them.
Will be getting one myself as soon as I can divert the scratch.

Nick

Have they held theirs left handed yet
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Samsung Rugby.  It's been beat to shit, literally has dents in the metal that covers the speaker.  Has been in my pocket when I had to jump into a lake.  Also have been working outside and literally drenched in sweat so bad that business cards in my wallet turned to mush.  Phone keeps on ticking.  I can't surf ARFCOM on it though.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I recently bought a Motorola DEVOUR, I am using Verizon though, it runs like a charm, and has no issue. The screen isn't bad size either.
I love Androids
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I am loving my Droid X.  Fast as shit, no apple faggotry to deal with, piles of useful apps for it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top