Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 5:52:24 AM EDT
They say Amazon sells parts that make guns fire faster.

They don't like the bad lever from magpul or those deadly grips!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Source?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh well.  Amazon is a private company, and the executives are beholden to the shareholders.

Just another company to boycott if they go through with it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If true, then get it while you can! I just bought a T1 2 MOA RDS and a VTAC rail
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
At the Seattle gun buyback they gave people amazon gift cards in exchange for guns. Just a little factoid for ya'll.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Source?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess they aren't very smart investors...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Not like they sell much now. Mainly furniture, optics and accessories.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Amazon prime is a deadly thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#9]
This was the first thing I found on google about it:   LOLOLOLOLO

Sounds like a few nutjobs bought some stock  so they can have some standing to complain about stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've bought a few accessories and some magpul stuff from Amazon. I like the convenience of the 2 day shipping. It won't stop me from buying gun accessories if they stop selling them. It will only mean my money goes somewhere else instead.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They say Amazon sells parts that make guns fire faster.

They don't like the bad lever from magpul or those deadly grips!
View Quote
like this?

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Google huffinggton post amazon sandy hook investors.    I'm in a car and don't have the time to cut and paste
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#13]
F Amazon
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At the Seattle gun buyback they gave people amazon gift cards in exchange for guns. Just a little factoid for ya'll.
View Quote

They play both sides of the arguement... For tax purposes.  Those gift cards were straight deductions if they came straight from Amazon.
Saf.org/amazon leads to a portion of your sale going to the SAF
Smile.amazon.com or whatever allows you to select a charity... A few NRA options are on the list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Amazon sells whatever makes them money, no emotions just business
I expect no changes
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This was the first thing I found on google about it:   LOLOLOLOLO

Sounds like a few nutjobs bought some stock  so they can have some standing to complain about stupid stuff.
View Quote

That what it sounds like.  Some "activist" investors don't like the Slide Stock or the BAD lever.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I  would not recommend buying any Magpul products from Amazon.  Shady vendors sell a lot of chinese junk that gets intermixed with Amazon's stocks of the real things.   Read the negative reviews on Amazon for Magpul products.  They are almost ALL complaining that they got a fake product.    Amazon does not do this on purpose;  the fakes have nearly identical packaging and bar codes.  They get intermixed with the real ones by Amazon's warehouse sorting systems.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I  would not recommend buying any Magpul products from Amazon.  Shady vendors sell a lot of chinese junk that gets intermixed with Amazon's stocks of the real things.   Read the negative reviews on Amazon for Magpul products.  They are almost ALL complaining that they got a fake product.    Amazon does not do this on purpose;  the fakes have nearly identical packaging and bar codes.  They get intermixed with the real ones by Amazon's warehouse sorting systems.
View Quote

Amazon marketplace looks like some open air black market in the Philippines. Too hard to tell if you're ordering from a real store or some guy selling shit out of a van. They even have knockoffs of knockoffs. Take those $4 flashlights for instance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't do it just because Amazon maintains your entire order history online forever. Go look up whatever you ordered when you first started buying from Amazon - it's right there in your history like it happened yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#20]

socially responsible investors
View Quote

IS THIS A THING
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Which investors?  Bloomberg and who else?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They play both sides of the arguement... For tax purposes.  Those gift cards were straight deductions if they came straight from Amazon.
Smile.amazon.com or whatever allows you to select a charity... A few NRA options are on the list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, just 'discovered' this the other day. It was hard to choose between one of the NRA offerings or the Wounded Warrior Project. WWP won out for now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yup, just 'discovered' this the other day. It was hard to choose between one of the NRA offerings or the Wounded Warrior Project. WWP won out for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard, WWP is antigun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WWP is not only Anti gun, but it's a shady charity, where the officers make bank. $300k+ for the president last I heard.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wouldn't do it just because Amazon maintains your entire order history online forever. Go look up whatever you ordered when you first started buying from Amazon - it's right there in your history like it happened yesterday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every online shop maintains order histories. Amazon is just nice enough to let you look at it yourself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LAst I heard WWP was as well.

IIRC, there was a charity rifle raffle here on ARFcom with the proceeds to go to the WWP and because a firearm was involved, the WWP turned it down. They were purchased by some non gun people and they've gone Anti-2A with the group.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Article

The activists include the managers of funds that promote themselves as socially responsible investors, and a deputy of New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli, who manages the state's retirement fund. They sent Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos a letter on Nov. 25 and showed it to Reuters on Thursday.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top