Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/18/2005 7:44:33 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase something for my college roommate and his wife. They are expecting twins in about a month. I would like to buy something that is more of an investment for the kids. Something that will provide them cash value at about the time they graduate college. I don't know if there are CD's or stocks, bonds, mutual funds. If anyone knows of anything along these lines, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT by Pnut]
Help them set up an ESA, since they are in college and having twins I assume that their finances will be tight for a little while. It is an "educational IRA" where growth is tax-free as long as the money is spent towards college expenses.

Edited for:

Check DaveRamsey.com for good information
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:41:16 PM EDT
Sorry,,,,my college roommate from about 7 years ago. We are all out of college and working.
I should have clarified that more.
Thanks for the advice. Please keep it coming.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:07:47 AM EDT
Silly! The ESA is to pay for the children's college educations. Google "529 plan" for more information.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:17:32 AM EDT
Will do thanks
Top Top